Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the Wall St. protesters?
Yes 157 51.48%
No 148 48.52%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 12:36 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,283,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Wall St. knew damn well those loans were wrong to begin with, are any of those thief's serving time?

There were banks who rec'd the money and never loaned it out, that's what they rec'd it for.

The Pure Power is in the hands of the corporations, who's controlling the markets now.

I am in me wick
When the sign on the dotted line loans were just starting a couple of friends of mine and I went to a presentation. The presenter asked for questions. My friend asked about things like what happens after the first year and what if this and that. He had nothign to say. He just wanted to do the nice speal and not have any 'problems'. I asked about things like pets and what you grow in your yard and he admitted that if you've paid nothing the first year they still hold the title. So you were renting then...

The whole thing was a snow job and aimed at people who hadn't bought a house before and didn't know what questions to ask. And the banks knew it was going to be someone elses problem. It was noted in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe, that SEP's are usually ignored as unimportant since they aren't yours.

Banks intended from the start to package and sell the loans. Wall street knew what the packages were made of but so long as when the ticking stopped it wasn't them holding them they DIDN'T CARE. Rating agencies who somehow rated this junk as AAA so it would be bought as secure investments (usually by people who can't afford to lose the money) knew it was junk. The people who 'bought' the houses share some of the blame, but they did so without understanding that they were the cornerstone of a massive conspiricy.

The people who lost the houses have paid their due. Now its time for the banksters and the rest to as well. Or do we say they 'can't' fail so we let them be criminals and run legal ponzy schemes?

The 'small' investor, the one who is living off that investment is being utterly hammered now with the manipulation as well. The chess masters don't really much care about anyone but themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 12:43 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,738,989 times
Arrow Alan Grayson on Occupy Wall Street

This is a minute and forty-nine second clip of Alan Grayson speaking on Occupy Wall Street.

Alan Grayson on Occupy Wall Street - YouTube

Old 10-09-2011, 12:44 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,690,573 times
Kinda hypocritical when he's a multi-millionaire

Old 10-09-2011, 12:50 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,881,898 times
Alan Grayson in my opinion is a poor excuse for a human being... he is the worst kind of person that I can think of... I wouldn't trust him or turn my back to him... he LOST his seat for a reason... that scumbag...

Old 10-09-2011, 12:51 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,283,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird2007 View Post
No thanks. According to Darwin, you guys are supposed to die off so those of us that are "fittest" can survive.
What happens is you learn the world isn't how the image is and redefine it. I've been 'formerly middle class' (econimically) for a long time. Long illness. I still considere myself that in values, but DEEPLY resent the ultra rich for gutting the center core of our society.

I think what we're seeing is the beginning of something big and the anger which has been so palatable for some time is finding a direction. I don't think those who support the idea of reform are all unemployed 20 year olds. It's just that the right idea hadn't come along yet.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,576,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If nothing else, these protestors have already succeeded in something. They have successfully exposed the ugliness of the far right mind-set. It is a hateful, intolerant and selfish mindset and people who share that kind of thinking are the ones who are always quick to say 'f-u' to those who have lost their jobs or their wealth.
Plenty of them haven't had a job yet. They want their student loans of $40+K forgiven.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:55 PM

17,403 posts, read 11,995,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
What do you think the government did for the banks?!?!?!??!

Didn't WE bail them out for their stupid mistakes????

That's OK with you????
No, it's not OK with me. In fact, I was protesting against the bailouts 2 YEARS AGO with, wait for it, the Tea Party Protesters. So don't lecture me about bailouts.

There is one difference, however. The banks paid the money back. These protesters want their debts removed.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:19 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,675,377 times
I support them, but I think this is only the beginning. The disparities between rich and everyone else can only grow so far. Then, no telling what will happen.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:24 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,840,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
There is so much wrong with this post and the comments it inspired that I don't know where to start my rant. Have you people ever been to NYC?
There is opinion and there is fact. These right wingers are are all about personal responsibility. What happened to being truthful?
What the #ell are You ranting about!?
You think that you're the only 'expert' on NY?

There is no excuse for what is going on at these trash fests!
Honesty? Why not try it yourself?
These pictures and the reports that are coming from there are coming Mostly from the Left's favorite propaganda networks like CNN and PSNBC!

These are YOUR Nuts, YOU and Pelosi own them!
These are NOT Right Wingers and You, my friend are going to reap the rewards!

Even the Left Wing Networks are starting to open their eyes to the Filth!
Find the original photo of your boys Crap Fest and look at the EXIF data .. It shows .. time date and WHERE the picture was taken!

It was taken right where it was said to have been taken.

You lefties OWN this and there is no longer anywhere to hide!

Old 10-09-2011, 01:36 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,551,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Alan Grayson in my opinion is a poor excuse for a human being... he is the worst kind of person that I can think of... I wouldn't trust him or turn my back to him... he LOST his seat for a reason... that scumbag...
That's why you are so clueless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies