Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:20 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Laura Bush was attractive when she was young. The rest have always been bowsers.
When you say the rest, perhaps you are just speaking of the most recent but surely you remember Jackie. She was no BOWSER!

Old 10-04-2011, 06:24 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I am sure you are really pretty.

I am handsome, not pretty, and have been told that to me by women not related to me.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:26 AM

855 posts, read 1,173,195 times
Quote:
She looks better than most other Americans. It's refreshing to see an American who isn't obese and is wearing sweatpants.

this totally. I don't understand where anyone sees her as fat she's a taller woman, and there's nothing fat or obese about her. if she was shorter, and muscular as she is now, I doubt anyone would say she's fat...

Old 10-04-2011, 06:30 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
That picture shows that she has certainly lost a lot of weight but it doesn't do much for the fact that she's not a very attractive woman. Are you saying that people are full of hate just because they don't find the first lady attractive? [b]I didn't think Laura Bush or Hillary Clinton was in any way good looking either, is that because I'm full of hate too?[/B]
Yes, it does if someone constantly starts threads about how 'ugly and fat' she is. Also if someone participates in that thread with disparaging remarks of their own.

Did you start or participate in threads started just to call attention to how ugly Laura Bush was? If not, then I would say you are full of hate.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:38 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
See.....here is the difference.....let me explain it to you.....

Christie is overweight. Period. Christie knows it....we all know it. He makes jokes about his own weight. Lets face it, the guy is fat. Big deal....nobody is trying to state otherwise.

Meeechelle is overweight. Period. Meeechelle does NOT seem to know it and instead tries to act like a size zero beauty queen. Followers of Meeechelle talk about her beauty, but the problem is, she isn't beautiful. Meeechelle is ugly. A scowling face. Huge behind. Football player shoulders. Bad posture. A hulking appearance.
So are you suggesting that she not appear in public? People are what they are..who the hell are you to judge?

I never got the impression that she acts any particular 'size'. That's just made-up stuff. Tell me, how does a size zero act? how does a size eight act? how does a size 14 act?

Let me know..I really want to know if I'm acting appropriately for my size!

Old 10-04-2011, 06:39 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,029,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
In other words, "but, but, but, that was different". I could probably dredge up some papers written by some of the Repubs in their undergrad years that would be just as unflattering to them.
So go right ahead; it's also not about political affiliation. When will you get it?

I'm an independent, so go ahead and drag out whatever other ugly views you can on whomever you can,
in whatever party, and I'll probably agree that those views are ugly.

I just refuse to give anyone a pass based on their "underrepresented" demographic in society.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:02 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I find it hilarious that so many who make nasty comments about the First Lady are probably actually married to big fat cows themselves

You calling the first lady a big fat cow?

Old 10-04-2011, 07:14 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
To eaches own, i know people who find Michelle attractive, but i know even more, unfortunately that think she is butt ugly, just keeping it real. Don't bring color into it, some of the very people i am mentioning are also of color.
Did you mean "to each his own" ? "eaches" isn't a word.

I don't know anyone who thinks Michelle is ugly.

She may not appeal to tiny weak men who have a sick need for size 0, weak, self-hating, ignorant, obedient , subservient women which Michelle definitely isn't...but who really cares what those whackos like... They writhe in agony knowing that Michelle doesn't give a damn what those poor things think...

Old 10-04-2011, 07:25 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I'm a good 2" taller than she is, and I find it absolutely fantastic that there's a tall, non waifish woman in the White House. Women like me get tired of short women being held up as if they are the only true standard of beauty.

More power to her, and more power to all the tall ladies out there
I don't think anyone would argue that she's tall, that's pretty easy to determine. I know a lot of really tall ugly people.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:37 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
She looks better than most other Americans. It's refreshing to see an American who isn't obese and is wearing sweatpants.
Great point...and I agree.......as I sit here in my sweatpants

It's good to remember in this thread that men very rarely see themselves as they truly are...big-gutted, ill-dressed, unkempt, slobs....but they have NO qualms about making comments on women...it makes them feel like they are actually something worth a second glance......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies