Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 05:22 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
bleeding heart liberals, get real., I wish I could give my kids a million dollars each. it sounds good. who could be against that!
Not talking about a million dollars, talking about health care. How about giving your children a lifetime of guaranteed health insurance - does that sound good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 05:56 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Sarah Palin, the Bernie Madoff of politics.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:59 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Not talking about a million dollars, talking about health care. How about giving your children a lifetime of guaranteed health insurance - does that sound good?
you said it, Me giving my kids health care,not the government!!! think health care is free? becuase you didnt pay for it. government waste billions of dollars why should we put them incharge of more billions of dollars for them to squander. healthcare is so high because the government is setting the price by how much the government is willing to pay for it through medicare and medicaid. they are causing high healthcare prices. and you want to put them incharge of the whole system. they screwed up the system they should now just lieve it alone!!!

Old 10-08-2011, 07:41 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
you said it, Me giving my kids health care,not the government!!! think health care is free? becuase you didnt pay for it. government waste billions of dollars why should we put them incharge of more billions of dollars for them to squander. healthcare is so high because the government is setting the price by how much the government is willing to pay for it through medicare and medicaid. they are causing high healthcare prices. and you want to put them incharge of the whole system. they screwed up the system they should now just lieve it alone!!!
I did not say free health care, I said a lifetime of guaranteed health insurance. You planning on paying for your kids forever??

You need to stop jerking that knee and pay attention.

As to your allegation that gov't programs, such as Medicare and Medicaid, are responsible for the rising cost of health care:
Quote:
Controlling health care expenditures requires a solid understanding of the factors that are driving the growth in spending. While there is disagreement on exactly what those are, some of the major factors to consider are:
  • Technology and Prescription drugs – For several years, spending on new medical technology and prescription drugs has been cited as a leading contributor to the increase in overall health spending; however, in recent years, the rate of spending on prescription drugs has decelerated. Some analysts state that the availability of more expensive, state-of-the-art technological services and new drugs fuel health care spending not only because the development costs of these products must be recouped by industry but also because they generate consumer demand for more intense, costly services even if they are not necessarily cost-effective. [5]
  • Chronic disease – The nature of health care in the U.S. has changed dramatically over the past century with longer life spans and greater prevalence of chronic illnesses. This has placed tremendous demands on the health care system, particularly an increased need for treatment of ongoing illnesses and long-term care services such as nursing homes; it is estimated that health care costs for chronic disease treatment account for over 75% of national health expenditures. [6]
  • Aging of the population – Health expenses rise with age and as the baby boomers are now in their middle years, some say that caring for this growing population has raised costs. This trend will continue as the baby boomers will begin qualifying for Medicare in 2011 and many of the costs are shifted to the public sector. However, experts agree that aging of the population contributes minimally to the high growth rate of health care spending. [7]
  • Administrative costs – It is estimated that at least 7% of health care expenditures are for administrative costs (e.g., marketing, billing) and this portion is much lower in the Medicare program (<2%), which is operated by the federal government. [8] Some argue that the mixed public-private system creates overhead costs and large profits that are fueling health care spending. U.S. Health Care Costs: Issue Modules, Background Brief - KaiserEDU.org, Health Policy Education from the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
Gov't run healthcare is not mentioned in the above excerpt as a cause of rising health care costs. Your turn - find some facts to support your position.

Last edited by ray1945; 10-08-2011 at 08:46 PM..

Old 10-08-2011, 10:10 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
This is priceless......Watch
She is a very shrewd person, which is the best one can say about her. However, if these shenanigans are proved with evidence beyond the circumstantial, she is an outright criminal.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:18 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,877,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
This is priceless......Watch
Too funny.
Can she be prosecuted?

The Sarah Drones are so enamored of this brain-dead moron they probably don't care that she scammed them.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:40 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,193,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
She is a very shrewd person, which is the best one can say about her. However, if these shenanigans are proved with evidence beyond the circumstantial, she is an outright criminal.
One thing we know for sure, either Sarah or her daughter Bristol was lying/misleading
as evidenced by their own words.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:46 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Yip. It's only a matter of time before the 'tolerant' liberals being their racist "Uncle Tom" campaign against Cain.

I think he'll do it for them. I don't understand how this rhetoric he spews keeps getting overlooked. The man is a closed minded, alpha pro christian, fear mongering bigot.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:58 AM

187 posts, read 181,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Tell me about it, who watches this Stewart?
People that want to know the truth, and have some fun in the process, and for that reason brainwashed right wing extremists do not qualify, the number of viewers appears to be large enough for him to win emmy after emmy......

Old 10-09-2011, 10:46 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Look at Odonnels interview with Cain. Look at some of what other Dems are saying about him. He's already being attacked. And should he win the nomination these attacks will get very, very ugly and nasty. They are already going after him for being "not black enough".
I never said I was a Cain supporter. I'm not right now, and probably won't be, unless I know a lot more about him than I do now. He could easily just be the new flavor-of-the-month, but from the little I have seen of him, he seems to me right now to be a more favorable candidate for the former Palin followers, and most likely, will take a lot of the Bachmann followers once her campaign implodes.
I also think Cain has to be taken more seriously than either Palin or Bachmann. He could well blow out, as money rules more than ever this time, and he's not good at twisting the arms of big contributors.

As a newcomer, I think his chances will either be better next time, or non-existent next time.
We'll see. This is still way too early to cut anything in stone. I think the Republican convention is gonna be a long one with a lot of in-fighting going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies