Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2011, 12:51 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,691,987 times

Advertisements

American troops shouldn't be in Texas anyway, I thought they seceded
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 12:52 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,748,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Yeah so are Congress and the Executive and if I have to sue someone to get them to do something I am not going to just trust them on it in the future.
That's why we have the system we have. Constitutional questions are rarely clear cut.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:55 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
That's why we have the system we have. Constitutional questions are rarely clear cut.
I am not complaining about the court system, I am saying that it is absurd to just trust the government to act in constitutional ways. Again if you have to sue someone about something that generally means you cannot just trust them on that particular issue. Not to mention that if you do not have the time and resources you are just SOL.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why think for yourself? Instead let government think for you. You would never question things like Slavery, or Jim Crow laws because the benevolent hand of government would never mislead people for their own agenda right?
Why does freedom and liberty mean so little to you?
Another unpersuasive argument. Simply thinking you candidate is inadequate doest make one any less of a critical thinker or any less interested in liberty.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Of course they do. One cannot reason with the unreasonable who care not to consider any other position. The minds of some are shut as tight as a rusted trap. This is your choice. I've been where you are and I realized it was harmful to the country. All you do is exchange one globalist Progressive for another. The (D) or (R) behind the name is inconsequential.

There is no reason for me to try to educate you when you are unwilling to move outside of your comfort zone to consider the possibilities that character means changing course when that course has been corrupted.
Employing the conceit of the left doesn't help your cause. I would never suggest I could "teach" you. We come at this from different perspectives. Saying I'm right and you are stupid isnt persuasive.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:01 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I will tell you what. Since you feel that way, go ahead and continue to elect either your democrat or republican puppets and watch America be destroyed. You have absolutely no right to complain about it anymore.

Yeah the only problem with that is you and I are on the same sinking ship as all the idiots that despise a Ron Paul type candidate. I mean hell I'm all for breaking up the USA into three parts. All of us who want to go live under a leader like Ron Paul can take over 1/3 of the US, the other two thirds can go live under Obama and A Cain/Romney President. Within a year all the those 2/3 idots would be clamoring to get into our libertarian/Ron Paul utopia LMAO! Americans are for the most part brainwashed idiots. They have elected the same *******s into office for the past 50+ years while watching each and every one of them destroy their country. I mean my god if Americans didn't see that Carter and Reagan and Clinton and Bush I were pretty much the same side of the coin I don't know what will.

We have an out of control federal government that has been out of control for decades. I just wonder how much more can the American populace take. I mean my god they are being squeezed like never before...........their liberties are being destroyed on a weekly basis, their way of life has been ransacked and sucked up by the rich and the banksters, their environment has been ran roughshod by the corporations, all the while being told there isn't enough wealth to go around. And on top of all that we are sending billions overseas to fight unnecessary wars to "protect us" and uphold or establish democracy. Haha.....the rest of the world laughs at our hypocrisy.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I am not complaining about the court system, I am saying that it is absurd to just trust the government to act in constitutional ways. Again if you have to sue someone about something that generally means you cannot just trust them on that particular issue. Not to mention that if you do not have the time and resources you are just SOL.
As I have repeatedly said I trust the governmennt to act constitutionally, and they always do. You seem to believe you are the arbiter of all that is constitutional, your not. Because a politician does something you view as unconstitutional it doesn't make it so. It certainly doesn't make their actions intentionally unconstitutional. We have a supreme court to sort out these issues.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:07 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times
Quote:
Employing the conceit of the left doesn't help your cause. I would never suggest I could "teach" you. We come at this from different perspectives. Saying I'm right and you are stupid isnt persuasive.
I never said you were stupid. Those are your words. I think you are naive and your statements in this thread support that impression. I was once too of your mindset. Thankfully, I woke up. I hope that you choose similarly instead of actively voting to undermine the US Constitution when you cast your ballot.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I never said you were stupid. Those are your words. I think you are naive. I was once too. Thankfully I woke up. I hope that you choose similarly instead of actively voting to undermine the US Constitution when you cast your ballot.
If you believe I was simply open enough to receive your wisdom, I would see the light. It is ridiculous on it's face.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:11 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,291 times
Quote:
As I have repeatedly said I trust the governmennt to act constitutionally, and they always do. You seem to believe you are the arbiter of all that is constitutional, your not. Because a politician does something you view as unconstitutional it doesn't make it so. It certainly doesn't make their actions intentionally unconstitutional. We have a supreme court to sort out these issues.
No the Supreme court is the arbiter of what is Constitutional, I do not know what led you to believe that I believe otherwise, save for the fact you cannot defend your assertion that you should just blindly trust the government to act in constitutional ways. With that said congress and the executive routinely do unconstitutional things and they get sued for it all the time in case where the non governmental party wins. Thus why so many Supreme court cases are X v. US or US v. X. The "US" is the US government and they are often being sued for violating the Constitution and sometime the Supreme court finds that they are violating the constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies