Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 12:41 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
How much should a minimum wage burger flipper pay in taxes?
Just enough so he has an interest in seeing the
gubmint not flush his earnings down the crapper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 12:51 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Another thing I think is hilarious is the number of people who posted in that acting like nobody ever gave them anything, while admitting they went to public schools, received student loans (gov't subsidized), attended state subsidized universities etc. Heck a fair amount of them admit that they work/worked/want to work for the government.

Now I am all for people working hard and being successful, but that website is just a pathetic way for people to brag and disavow the programs that they used to get where they claim they are.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:56 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
The 1% pay 40% of all income taxes.
47% pay no income taxes and whine about it.

How much of the disposable income do the 1% have?

Old 10-12-2011, 01:02 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times
High school dropout here that made my $$$ honestly through HARD WORK in a steel forge shop....

I could see this coming 20 years ago and invested accordingly...

Id be rehired If I wanted to work before one of these winey punks would...

Do these people really think they would be appealing to a businessman looking for an employee???

Old 10-12-2011, 04:14 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,517 times
This is awesome!!!!!

We are a couple living in an expensive state (NEW JERSEY) and after taxes bring home less than $40k COMBINED. We took a major paycut from previous jobs, but we have changed our standard of living!! We got rid of all of our excessive wants and focused heavily on our needs first!! We still pay rent, our 1 car payment, our 1 credit card, our health insurance, and STILL find some money to be saved each paycheck! We could have played the victim card, but we don't. We had no problems getting rid of some of our useless wants in order to live within our means.

We are responsible people.
Why aren't you?!

I need to submit something. This.. this is such an incredible blog.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:32 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
How much of the disposable income do the 1% have?
Each according to his abilities, each according to his needs!

Old 10-12-2011, 05:44 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,517 times
Quote:
How much should a minimum wage burger flipper pay in taxes?
What's wrong with everyone paying the same PERCENTAGE in taxes? I mean.. come on now!

Old 10-12-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
This is awesome!!!!!

We are a couple living in an expensive state (NEW JERSEY) and after taxes bring home less than $40k COMBINED. We took a major paycut from previous jobs, but we have changed our standard of living!! We got rid of all of our excessive wants and focused heavily on our needs first!! We still pay rent, our 1 car payment, our 1 credit card, our health insurance, and STILL find some money to be saved each paycheck! We could have played the victim card, but we don't. We had no problems getting rid of some of our useless wants in order to live within our means.

We are responsible people.
Why aren't you?!

I need to submit something. This.. this is such an incredible blog.

Try living on minimum wage and see how that works out for you.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
What's wrong with everyone paying the same PERCENTAGE in taxes? I mean.. come on now!

So you're saying people living on a poverty level income should pay the same percentage was millionaires?

You expect burger flippers to pay their own health insurance etc and you want to tax them. How they gonna do both on minimum wage?

Old 10-12-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Each according to his abilities, each according to his needs!

Jesus said "To whom much is given, much shall be required."

What do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies