Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 12:22 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It is beyond comical that two time Bush voters call Obama "embarrassing", how clueless are these people?
They're obviously clueless enough to just make things up. I didn't see anything about him apologizing.

Threads like this should probably be ignored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 06:39 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its the mideastern way, you apologize publically, you praise your enemy, then at night you send assassins.
Holy jumping Libya, Batman!

Old 10-14-2011, 06:57 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Are you deluded??

Just coz they killed their own does not mean we or anyone else have to

A christian nation, founded on the so called principles of Christianity, going all the way back to Jesus and the Israelites. Thou shalt not massacre
Japan missed that memo:

Pearl Harbor Images

Did they apologize for this? Just asking...

Old 10-14-2011, 07:20 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
VFM Yabunaka pointed out that the Japanese public will have high expectations toward President Obama's visit to Japan in November, as the President enjoys an historic level of popularity among the Japanese people. Anti-nuclear groups, in particular, will speculate whether the President would visit Hiroshima in light of his April 5 Prague speech on non-proliferation. He underscored, however, that both governments must temper the public's expectations on such issues, as the idea of President Obama visiting Hiroshima to apologize for the atomic bombing during World War II is a "non-starter." While a simple visit to Hiroshima without fanfare is sufficiently symbolic to convey the right message, it is premature to include such program in the November visit. Yabunaka recommended that the visit in November center mostly in Tokyo, with calls on the Emperor and Prime Minister, as well as some form of public program, such as speeches, an engagement at a university, or a town hall-like meeting with local residents.
Cable Viewer

Old 10-14-2011, 09:43 PM

4,709 posts, read 12,677,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Japan missed that memo:

Pearl Harbor Images

Did they apologize for this? Just asking...

Emperor Hirohito attempted to apologize for Japan's actions during World War II, including Pearl Harbor. MacArthur refused to admit him to his office.

BTW, the nukes didn't end the war. Even after they were dropped, the Japanese were prepared to fight to the last man, which would have resulted in an extremely costly Allied invasion of the Japanese home islands. It was Emperor Hirohito himself that ordered the surrender.

Old 10-14-2011, 09:51 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Part of me wants to say I can't believe this but unfortunately, this President is so horribly incompetent as a leader I can't say that..

Apologies Not Accepted - Investors.com

So Japan raids Pearl Harbor, Kills Americans and proceeds to war... We warn them to stop, they don't and we drop a nuke... They still don't stop the killing so we warn them again.. they don't stop and we nuke them again... Finally, they stop the killing.

We are to apologize for that? You have got to be $hitting me??

If you read the story we see that he calls a terrorist's family to say he was sorry... A freaking terrorist, you know, the ones that will kill you, your kids, wife, mother anyone who doesn't agree with his religious views... The ones that cut your head off with a dull blade and film it for all the world to see..

This guys is a complete and total moron.. 2012 can't come soon enough...
Yea, but just one thing... Most of the 200,000 or so people nuked in those 2 attacks (not to mention most of the far larger numbers killed in the Tokyo firebombing attacks) had absolutely no say or fault with regard to the events of WW2. They were mostly civilians... women, children and men too old to be drafted into military service.

Would I have done it differently if I was in Truman's shoes at that time? Probably not.

Would it have bothered me until the day I died? You bet your knickers it would. There is something wrong with anyone who is glad the Bomb is part of today's world.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:59 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,347,991 times
it is just another example of a weak, uninformed, and intellectually limited politician. he is so insecure in both his personal and professional life that is is practically functionally illiterate. since emanuel and that few left the white house, i don't know who has their hand up his butt in order to make decisions. he is another black, culturally, crippled, hot mess, who is carried away w/ the idea that he is a "president". every time that he opens his mouth, he blames bush, his own political appointments, who are standing in line, and all others who are convenient to take a fall for him. he is a liar, a scam artist, a man w/ no character. a good deal was told about him, when he was running for office, and he claimed to be bi-racial, half white and half black. that went away when he secured his way into the white house, where he suddenly became black. he wants to be everything to every body. obviously, he has been the dumbest and worst executive in the history of the presidency.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:06 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Well lets hear it, righties. Your story was an absloute lie, care to apoligize?
Did you notice your post was followed by someone who still doesn't get it? Apologies will come when hell freezes over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies