Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 01:40 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times

Advertisements

I can't watch this video right now...sounds disgraceful. While I feel for the victim, I can't help but think this is another let's bash "the blacks" thread as if no one commits crime, but "the blacks" in this "new America" or as Rush Limbaugh called it when a white kid got beat up on a school bus, "Obama's America." So when we have a white POTUS, should we then troll the internet for these videos and stories then blame it on him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 01:46 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I can't watch this video right now...sounds disgraceful. While I feel for the victim, I can't help but think this is another let's bash "the blacks" thread as if no one commits crime, but "the blacks" in this "new America" or as Rush Limbaugh called it when a white kid got beat up on a school bus, "Obama's America." So when we have a white POTUS, should we then troll the internet for these videos and stories then blame it on him?
Unfortunately, no specific race of people has cornered the market on bad behavior. I've heard folks say one is bad, one is worse, etc.

The truth is everyone behaves badly, from everywhere. Folks of different cultural backgrounds might be more prone to a particular type of crime, but there are criminals everywhere.

What we need to focus on, especially in a case like this one, is making sure we curb it as much as we can. Never let anyone treat someone with a disability this way. Never let anyone treat anyone this way. Get involved, and put a stop to it. That's what I would do.

...and to those I was going back and forth with about white kids, I'm just busting your stones. Leave the black out of it. All kids do this kind of thing these days, unfortunately.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:53 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
In general. Nothing is absolute when it comes to humans. Aside from that, how many black flash mobs do you see rioting when the Phillies lose? Eagles lose?

The point was, being black has nothing to do with this crime, and if I had to point a finger at a color, WHITE people are far more unpredictable and prone to commit random violent crimes, seemingly without any provocation whatsoever. That's just in my experience of course, and I grew up in an area with a larger than average black population.
I live in Oakland, Ca where there is no majority. The groups, White, Black, Asian, and Latino are fairly evenly divided and dispersed. While both of our experiences are anecdotal at best, they seem to differ considerably.

I agree that the crimes do not occur simply because someone is Black but even Blacks recognize the reality that crime among Blacks (specifically teens and young adults) is way out of proportion for whatever reason(s). I think you are either seeing what you want to see or simply have had atypical experiences.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:32 PM

810 posts, read 837,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
If you are so strung up about "bash the blacks" go to the thread discussing the black McDonald's cashier bashing the heads of two black female customers with a metal rod.

The plague of vicious street attacks should not be solely blamed on blacks, but it is a fact that they make up a large percentage of it, especially inner city youth. Redneck types do the same thing, but they are not spread out all over major cities.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:36 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
If you are so strung up about "bash the blacks" go to the thread discussing the black McDonald's cashier bashing the heads of two black female customers with a metal rod.

The plague of vicious street attacks should not be solely blamed on blacks, but it is a fact that they make up a large percentage of it, especially inner city youth. Redneck types do the same thing, but they are not spread out all over major cities.
You're quite the one-string banjo, no?

Old 10-17-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
You're quite the one-string banjo, no?
Basically you felt a pinch after reading my truth and all you could come up to counteract it was that weak comment? If you have something to say don't beat around the bush, and come up front.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:45 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Basically you felt a pinch after reading my truth and all you could come up to counteract it was that weak comment? If you have something to say don't beat around the bush, and come up front.
Forgive me for not being clearer and more direct. What I meant to say, is you appear to be maniacally obsessed with black crime, and it appears that every thread you start is geared to incite racial hatred. My reference to the one-string banjo was your apparent fixation on this one topic. My apologies that this figure of speech fell short from your understanding, or that you interpreted it as a "weak" comment.

Interesting that you used the words "my truth" in your retort - that's one thing we can agree on. Your truth - not the truth. Like "your reality" vs. "reality" - distinct line of demarcation.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:46 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Actually people are basically getting tired of a poster that is full of ****!!

Do your own research.

How many of these threads have you started where black people were the perpetrators of a crime??

How many threads have you started where a white person was the perpetrator of a crime??

All you are doing is attempting to entertain the most base nature of a certain group of people in order to continue the faer and hate mongering that old, scared, out of touch, people do.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Actually people are basically getting tired of a poster that is full of ****!!

Do your own research.

How many of these threads have you started where black people were the perpetrators of a crime??

How many threads have you started where a white person was the perpetrator of a crime??

All you are doing is attempting to entertain the most base nature of a certain group of people in order to continue the faer and hate mongering that old, scared, out of touch, people do.
So basically you are acting like a baby. In the adult world we don't care about these sort of feelings where crime is treated like some goddamn game, with one "white" team and the other "black". I could care less about that. What I care for is the truth, and not the propaganda techniques of you left or right wing shills. When we discuss Wall Street we get similar types whining about antisemitism because more Wall Street CEOs happen to be Jewish.
Is it my fault that most vicious street level crime in perpetrated by blacks? Maybe you should tell the criminals to buck up instead of trying to suppress the truth from being spread out.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:02 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
I'm white, and I'll say it plain. I rarely get into the differences between races, because I'm not a racist, but I have jokingly always said this..........

If a black man is to commit a crime against me, he usually just wants my cash or property, probably for his own survival.

If a white man is to commit a crime against me, it might be because he wants to cut my head off, wear it as a hat, and dance through the streets naked singing "My Way".

Yeah, I'm shocked this was perpetrated by two black kids........... because this is the kind of BS I always see suburban WHITE kids doing because their Playstation is on the fritz.

Call me a racist if you will, but I'll be damned if that hasn't been my experience.
Didn't quit get your post. I do know those kids that beat and ran over that black guy and killed him were from the burbs. Not sure if their play station was working though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies