Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2011, 05:57 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,524,195 times

Advertisements

Guess the feds will decline to bring charges against me when/if I boobytrap my house and wire it with an electric perimeter defense system to thwart their entry (and I'll provide the same level of notification as they would (no more, no less) - e.g. via signage). If it kills or injures them, oh well, I expect to be legally in the clear. One set of legal rules for us all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 07:14 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,521,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomThroughAnarchism View Post
Guess the feds will decline to bring charges against me when/if I boobytrap my house and wire it with an electric perimeter defense system to thwart their entry (and I'll provide the same level of notification as they would (no more, no less) - e.g. via signage). If it kills or injures them, oh well, I expect to be legally in the clear. One set of legal rules for us all.
Good post.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:20 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,244,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
So you think we ought to kill them? Line the border with rednecks, give them some cheap rot-gut beer and a rifle with endless bullets and let them go at it? Is that the solution?

Or should we find a way to welcome these poor people who are willing to scrub our toilets and weed our gardens while we masturbate at our computers?

It's easy to ***** about a problem but it's a lot harder to offer a solution.

Do you have one?
Yes. Enforce the border laws to the letter. Prosecute to the fullest those that hire them and those that violate our sovereignty.

Ever heard about Operation *******? Eisenhower did that and it worked.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
OK wise guy, how will that stop those overstaying their visa?
By issuing nationwide warrants for arrest that all jurisdictions have to honor. It will work.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
You realize that H-2A workers are NOT illegal aliens right?

Farmers can bring as many workers as they wish but most of them would rather employ illegals who will work for half the money that an American or even a H-2A worker would.

Then they lose their beloved employees due to laws such as the one in Alabama and paint themselves as victims.
Another solution is to put convicts to work in the fileds. Make them earn their 3 hots and a cot.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:35 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,227,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And I am saying that it isn't murder. For 1 whats the voltage and the amps of the suggested fence?
For another warning signs would be posted in clear view.
If a criminal opts to break into a house with attack dog warning signs and is killed by the dogs that is not murder. Its death by greed.
In this case the illegal sees the sign. warning high voltage. They opt to ignore the sign. That is not murder.
If you can forsee that they will likely try it anyway it will likely be construed as manslaughter. Not murder but you can still do time.

Deathly devices are never going to get a pass no matter what sign you put up.

Guy who wires his skylights will still go to jail if he kills the burglar. No matter what signage he puts up.

When you go scuba diving many dive masters make you sign a document saying it is your fault even if they screw up and kill you by gross negiigence. Won't stand up in court. YOu can't get people to agree that gross negligence is not their fault.

And you can't escape responsibility for deadly machines by claiming disclosure.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:38 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,489,971 times
Default Barring the fact that he said it was a freaking joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
If you can forsee that they will likely try it anyway it will likely be construed as manslaughter. Not murder but you can still do time.

Deathly devices are never going to get a pass no matter what sign you put up.

Guy who wires his skylights will still go to jail if he kills the burglar. No matter what signage he puts up.

When you go scuba diving many dive masters make you sign a document saying it is your fault even if they screw up and kill you by gross negiigence. Won't stand up in court. YOu can't get people to agree that gross negligence is not their fault.

And you can't escape responsibility for deadly machines by claiming disclosure.
That would be why the voltage and amperage are typically only high enough to lock muscles up, not kill. Now if someone takes there shoes off, wets their feet and hands, grabs fence with their left hand and stands on their right foot... that's another story.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:51 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,227,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
That would be why the voltage and amperage are typically only high enough to lock muscles up, not kill. Now if someone takes there shoes off, wets their feet and hands, grabs fence with their left hand and stands on their right foot... that's another story.
Comeon it is an idiot idea. you lay a pipe or drape a wire over the lines before crossing. It is not rocket science. And you throw tinsel or pieces of wire across the lines wherever it is put up just to vandalise it. .

YOu would never run such a system where it is unprotected on an accessible side.

That is why it is not done. It is simple to defeat and even simpler to vandalize.

And fancy motion detection and motion detection system you run sheep through. Train them right you run them through and they come back an hour later and you can do it again.

Fences you tunnel under. Climb over.. or cut holes in.

Dogs you poison.

I still think for any of this to have a chance to work you have to rigidly control both sides of the primary barrier. So it needs to be say a quarter mile inside the US.

Try that in El Paso or Otre Mesa.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
Cain is an uncle tom sell out, 21st century minsterel show who needs a good punch in the face. If I ever see him, I'm going to uppercut him.
Spoken like a true liberal.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:02 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,489,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Comeon it is an idiot idea. you lay a pipe or drape a wire over the lines before crossing. It is not rocket science. And you throw tinsel or pieces of wire across the lines wherever it is put up just to vandalise it. .

YOu would never run such a system where it is unprotected on an accessible side.

That is why it is not done. It is simple to defeat and even simpler to vandalize.

And fancy motion detection and motion detection system you run sheep through. Train them right you run them through and they come back an hour later and you can do it again.

Fences you tunnel under. Climb over.. or cut holes in.

Dogs you poison.

I still think for any of this to have a chance to work you have to rigidly control both sides of the primary barrier. So it needs to be say a quarter mile inside the US.

Try that in El Paso or Otre Mesa.
No sarcasm detector? And they're run in series-parallel circuits where you only lose a small section of the grid if something does occur, not parallel where you lose all 3,000 miles with a small piece of tin foil. You can't Wiley Coyote an electric fence. You can cut it with insulated cutters but if it's 10 feet high you better not have a metal or wood ladder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies