Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 03:35 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Of course. I can't make that same assertion about you.
Just like I can't make that same assertion about you either but that's not the topic of this thread and never was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 03:42 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,924,430 times
who cares if people make fun of the tea party. i dont know why backspace is so gung ho on defending them and going after people online who make fun of them.

its an internet forum, who really cares?

Old 10-28-2011, 03:46 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
But a hand full of people holding racially suggestive signs years ago proves that everyone in the Tea Party is a KKK supporting racist?

It seems like every day we get a new video of something happening at an OWS protest that shows extremely bad judgement and illegal activity by OWS supporters. We've all ready the reports of people being raped in tents by strangers, people ranting against Jews, people stealing expensive electronics, people hurling rocks and bottles at police, people ignoring laws which are meant to protect public property, people defacing public property, etc etc etc. Why do liberals automatically attempt to make it seem like those are non-existent instances that in no way represent the OWS movement as a whole but the minute you saw someone holding a sign at a Tea Party protest with a photo of Obama with a bone in his nose you instantly labeled every single person who's ever even thought about supporting the Tea Party a racist bigot?

Please explain this gross lack of logic on the part of liberals, especially those here on CD. To me it seems pretty clear that you're now dealing with the exact same treatment you dished out to the Tea Party supporters and you don't like it one bit...

Before you go crazy and attack me personally because you don't like my message, please save your time.

If you intend to deny that these things have taken place at OWS events all over this country, please don't waste your time in here because I'll start posting video after video that proves you wrong.
No matter what side of the fence you look at, there will always be people who shine the spotlight on the extreme. You're doing it right now, with this post.

Sure, some of the TP's are racists.

Some of the OWS crowd are everything from communists to rapists.

That's called people. Yep, people are different, no matter where they choose to congregate or what they choose to agree on.

*yawn* nothing to see here.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:46 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
who cares if people make fun of the tea party. i dont know why backspace is so gung ho on defending them and going after people online who make fun of them.

its an internet forum, who really cares?
This isn't about making fun of anyone, this is accusing an entire huge group of people of being racists... big difference and you know it but will act like you don't.

I'm defending them because I'm part of the group which has been attacked here numerous times for things that just a couple individuals did or said.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:49 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Except I answered your question.

It's wrong to do it for OWS, it's wrong to do it for the Tea Party.

It's a logical fallacy in both cases.

How convenient that now people call it wrong in both cases.

Old 10-28-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Yes, there's plenty to see here. The astounding hypocrisy to be sure. Where was all this congenial sentiment the last two and a half years when the media and its leftist clients smeared the Tea Party as "raaaaacists" and violent?
So your problem is with the media then.

Ok, tell ya what. I'll join your quest to cleanse the media of liberal bias when you can make Sean Hannity into a human being.

It's everywhere. Change the channel.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:00 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
So your problem is with the media then.

Ok, tell ya what. I'll join your quest to cleanse the media of liberal bias when you can make Sean Hannity into a human being.

It's everywhere. Change the channel.
Yes, my problem is with the media, and its progressive clients. Sean Hannity is a political commentator. He doesn't pretend to be unbiased as the so call Fourth Estate () does.

The Left had the mainstream media on its side while it smeared the Tea Party and other conservatives and libertarians; now they are whining because alternative media and citizen media......with far less resources, is giving back some of what they gave in spades.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Yes, my problem is with the media, and its progressive clients. Sean Hannity is a political commentator. He doesn't pretend to be unbiased as the so call Fourth Estate () does.

The Left had the mainstream media on its side while it smeared the Tea Party and other conservatives and libertarians; now they are whining because alternative media and citizen media......with far less resources, is giving back some of what they gave in spades.
No no no.

Sean Hannity represents Fox news. Then comes Glenn Beck and the rest of the RWNJ's puking on my airwaves.

Aside from that, don't you get that it's all a big scam? The liberal programming doesn't come from "liberals". It comes from corporations. Makes people soft. Tolerant. Passive. .......hmmm progressive?

It's about making you swallow the pounds and pounds of feces fed to us by big business and our government on a daily basis. It's not necessarily a conspiracy. It's the status quo

Old 10-28-2011, 04:21 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:

Mainstream Media is not liberally biased. First and foremost, they protect the interests of those that own them. If you want to read stories that Corporately owned networks won't report on, go to DemocracyNow.com

The Media reports only on the radicals of both The Tea Party and OWS. If these two ever joined forces, the media and Government would be in a frenzy. For the time being they are content at playing the two sides against one another.

Old 10-28-2011, 04:23 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
The difference is that OWS members denounce the alleged racism, etc.. The tea party members on here defend the racist rhetoric and signs spewed by tea party members.
You're either being intentionally dishonest, or you're ignorant of the facts.

Proof That The TEA Party IS NOT Racist! - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies