Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:18 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times

Advertisements

Apparently the poor have a hard time too. Doesn't look like the 99% are going anywhere good.

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 03:24 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Apparently the poor have a hard time too. Doesn't look like the 99% are going anywhere good.

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."
and I see more hate projected from christians and hypocrisy...

Old 11-09-2011, 03:30 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

The rich do not have a monopoly on Hell. There are many other ways to get there. Worshipping people that are rich is certainly a good way to get there.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:40 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,331,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
See you keep saying You. You even put it in bold, and I keep telling you it is not about me. I don't know why you are having a hard time with this concept. I AM NOT GOD. As much as you may believe it. It is not so. I appreciate your belief that I am devine, but it is just not so. The thread is not about me.

The bible reference is not irrelevant. The hole thread is about the bible reference it was in the original post. I am not immune from God's laws.

I am still curious as to why you are so worried that you may go to Hell when you don't believe in Hell?
The bible reference IS irrelevant. What is relevant are your beliefs and interpretations of the bible and its eternal ramifications for the hereafter. That's what this entire thread is about, the fact that you believe that rich people are going to hell based on a bible reference, is it not?

And I don't know what gave you the impression that I think you're God or even close to resembling divinity. Nothing, and I stress n-o-t-h-i-n-g, in any of my replies would lead any lucid person to believe that I think that of you in any way, shape, or form. Your appreciation is misplaced and misguided, sorry.

What makes you think that I am worried about going to hell or that I do or don't believe in hell? I don't recall ever having commented on that, nor have I stated my beliefs on such. Do you often draw such illogical and irrelevant conclusions? Strange.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
The bible reference IS irrelevant. What is relevant are your beliefs and interpretations of the bible and its eternal ramifications for the hereafter. That's what this entire thread is about, the fact that you believe that rich people are going to hell based on a bible reference, is it not?

And I don't know what gave you the impression that I think you're God or even close to resembling divinity. Nothing, and I stress n-o-t-h-i-n-g, in any of my replies would lead any lucid person to believe that I think that of you in any way, shape, or form. Your appreciation is misplaced and misguided, sorry.

What makes you think that I am worried about going to hell or that I do or don't believe in hell? I don't recall ever having commented on that, nor have I stated my beliefs on such. Do you often draw such illogical and irrelevant conclusions? Strange.

Lets go back in time since you seem to have a memory problem. Here is the original post.

From the New Testament.

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Now I don't know what God considers Rich, but I am sure that he could find them in the top 1%.

This is what Jesus said. It is not what Hotair2 said. Do you see the difference? If it were up to me. I would let everyone in....even the greedy. It is not my choice. The only opinion that I gave is the belief that God could find Rich in the top 1%. I did not even say that all of the top 1% were rich.

You seem to place so much importance on what I think and you attributed my opinion as even more important than Gods, so I assumed you thought I was God. I am very flattered that my opinion means so much to you, but flattering me will get you no where with God.

I just assumed that you were not a Christian because you don't care very much about the new testament.

FYI. You posted Thread Fail along time ago. Thank you for keeping the message alive by continueing to post.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:44 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,331,463 times
Quote:
Lets go back in time since you seem to have a memory problem. Here is the original post.

From the New Testament.

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Now I don't know what God considers Rich, but I am sure that he could find them in the top 1%.

This is what Jesus said. It is not what Hotair2 said. Do you see the difference? If it were up to me. I would let everyone in....even the greedy. It is not my choice. The only opinion that I gave is the belief that God could find Rich in the top 1%. I did not even say that all of the top 1% were rich.

You seem to place so much importance on what I think and you attributed my opinion as even more important than Gods, so I assumed you thought I was God. I am very flattered that my opinion means so much to you, but flattering me will get you no where with God.

I just assumed that you were not a Christian because you don't care very much about the new testament.

FYI. You posted Thread Fail along time ago. Thank you for keeping the message alive by continueing to post.
I fully recall the original post and have even quoted it for your recollection. Again, I am not debating the bible passage but your hypocrisy since you apparently believe the bible passage to be gospel. If you believe rich people are going to hell (based on the scripture), and you state that the rich can be found in the top 1%, and by your admission you are in that top 1%, then you must also believe that you are going to hell. Is that so difficult to follow??? Apparently for you it is.

FTR, I think your opinions are the epitome of liberal hypocrisy so I don't know where you get that I hold you in such high esteem. Not to be rude, but my opinion of you isn't that high and certainly nowhere near levels approaching divinity. Please stop attributing admiration and worship of you to my posts. You couldn't be farther from the truth, and yet I have to continually remind of that. Why?

This is a thread fail and I stand by that assertion. You wanted to demonize "the rich", and in doing so also demonized yourself. Hence, thread fail. Typically when someone starts a thread, disparaging oneself isn't the intended goal.

You assumed I'm not Christian because I don't care very much about the New Testament? That's odd. Quote for me what exactly I posted that leads you to that reach that illogical conclusion. Or, better yet, stop assuming.

And this statement of yours, LOL.
Quote:
I did not even say that all of the top 1% were rich.
Seriously, do you proofread what you write? How can the top 1% of the wealthiest individuals in the world NOT be rich. By very definition, the top 1% of the rich are, well, rich.

I'm beginning to think that I'm debating a child or someone of very low intelligence who doesn't understand debate or how to form a coherent argument.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
All you want to do is talk about me. I have asked you as many times as possible that I am not the subject so I will just report you, and be done with you.

You should try sticking to the thread topic.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:48 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,227 times
How do you reconcile your thread title and apparent or hidden intention with very wealthy Bible characters such as Job, Abraham, Solomon, all of whom were God's servants? Are they in hell?

Quote:
From the New Testament.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:05 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Somehow, and I'm speaking as a non beilever here, salvation is supposed to have something to do with all this getting into heaven stuff. Not money so much. But what do I know.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:08 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,903,245 times
Quote:
From the New Testament.

The eye of the needle was a narrow gate in the walls around Jerusalem which only people passed through. Christ's insinuation is that there are a lot of distractions for the rich to enter heaven, just like it would be distracting to unmount your camel, take all the goods off you were carrying, move throught, and put the goods back on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies