Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2011, 04:13 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Have you ever! or known anyone that was in abusive relationship. I did, it sometime takes years and years later to forget the abuse you received, and many times for no reason at all. It takes years of seeing someone, and talking to someone about what you experienced, and how it made you and still makes you feel, it is the most from what i understand, belittling thing a person can do to you. A horiffic experience, of someone taking from you, everything good from within you.

You have got to seek professional help for this, people that do not, will not get over this wihout help. You did not a thing wrong, the abuser did, and the one with the problem, sometimes a problem with control, and anger issues. It is terrible to know someone who is going thru something like this. You want to get involved, as i did, and literally hurt the abuser, but then i become one, and that vicious cycel continues. So you try and be the best friend that you can, and be there for your frieind. This is tough, this Judge should be a judge no more.

Even without this disability, that is not a way to handle a situation, with beating over and over again, and saying the crude awful remarks that this FATHER said to his daughter. You do not get over that, hurtful words hurt sometimes i understand more then the beatings, this is terrible, and this Man needs help. Maybe some strong Man stronger them this judge, should do the same thing back to him, and see how he takes it, will he take it as a man.

People in abusive relationships, who have been beaten, and verbally assulted don't get over this experience sometimes for many many years, and many shrinks.

I can't rep you enough...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 04:14 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
What kind of parent throws around the F word to his kids?
Not to mention leaving the room and coming back to "get his licks in".
This family is dysfunctional and the girl is being abused.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:20 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
What kind of parent throws around the F word to his kids?
Not to mention leaving the room and coming back to "get his licks in".
This family is dysfunctional and the girl is being abused.

I just read the daughter's explaination why she released the video-she said her dad was a monster and not fit to be judge-I believe she said the video is 7 years old but he did this a lot. I guess he abused his ex wife too (her mom). All I can say is I hope they are getting help..

Old 11-03-2011, 04:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
I don't see a problem here. The girl did not obey her parents and was punished. The same happens thousands of times a day all around the world.
There is the problem, you do not see anything wrong with this, how many feel as you do.

Where does a parent, draw the line, or know where to draw the line, He went way beyond a punishment, he beat, and beat and beat, and verbally abused his disabled daugther. You see nothing wrong with this.

I do, he totally lost all control, and he is the one with the problem. Macho, my a-- this judge is.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:22 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
I am truly amazed that there are so many here that are blaming the victim, excusing the attack, justifying it, and saying it isn't a big deal. I had gotten the impression that recent generations were very spoiled, because in my extended family nobody ever used physical violence of any kind in raising their children. The result was annoying brats in the early years, but now we have wonderful teenagers who don't have those kind of psychological scars, and who are very kind and giving people. Overall, it is a much better way to raise kids, and more education in non-physical discipline will probably eliminate the childhood brat syndrome also.

As for those who think whipping with a belt "okay," you ARE going to regret any physical abuse you heap on your children. Guaranteed. They don't forget, and there is cosmic justice. On your deathbed, you'll wish you had learned self-control before you viciously assaulted ONLY those who were too weak to fight back. You are not only a sadist, but a coward.

I'd also like to point out that there are SOME youngsters out there, who would take these whippings for years, until one day they snap and pick up a knife or a bat or a gun or a can of gasoline, and have a "temporary loss of control" themselves. "Those who live by the sword, die by the sword." Those you viciously attack are not always as "helpless" as you believe. Cosmic justice.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:32 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
I am wondering if he sees the inside of a jail cell, which I believe that he should, if another one of his cellmates does not use the same statement on him that the victim had used on her.

"Bend over and lay on your stomach and take it like a woman".

Old 11-03-2011, 04:32 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Nice to know those that condone child abuse. I can instantly put them on my ignore list. No need to have conversations with sadists.
I feel the same.

There is no topic or issue more important than this one and no better single tool for measurement of character, IMO. A thread like this is more revealing than most.

No one here is more outspoken than I against the tyranny of political correctness. But this issue is different....and one where we ALL need to speak with the same voice of complete intolerance for abuse of children. And that this was abuse is beyond debate. Unfortunately, there are much more severe cases out there and many of us have experienced them for ourselves. Nonetheless, this WAS abuse....as is any use of a belt or other foreign object on a child.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:37 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
In response to some of the diseased minds that defended this creep's actions I will quote myself...

""Well, sadly, yes, when one hasn't the intelligence or brain power to think through a problem with a child then violence ensues.""

I hope none of these sick twisted defenders have children....but sadly some do.

Old 11-03-2011, 04:40 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Default Mother and daughter speak:

Daughter in beating video: Why I released it - TODAY People - TODAY.com

Old 11-03-2011, 04:41 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I am truly amazed that there are so many here that are blaming the victim, excusing the attack, justifying it, and saying it isn't a big deal. I had gotten the impression that recent generations were very spoiled, because in my extended family nobody ever used physical violence of any kind in raising their children. The result was annoying brats in the early years, but now we have wonderful teenagers who don't have those kind of psychological scars, and who are very kind and giving people. Overall, it is a much better way to raise kids, and more education in non-physical discipline will probably eliminate the childhood brat syndrome also.

As for those who think whipping with a belt "okay," you ARE going to regret any physical abuse you heap on your children. Guaranteed. They don't forget, and there is cosmic justice. On your deathbed, you'll wish you had learned self-control before you viciously assaulted ONLY those who were too weak to fight back. You are not only a sadist, but a coward.

I'd also like to point out that there are SOME youngsters out there, who would take these whippings for years, until one day they snap and pick up a knife or a bat or a gun or a can of gasoline, and have a "temporary loss of control" themselves. "Those who live by the sword, die by the sword." Those you viciously attack are not always as "helpless" as you believe. Cosmic justice.
Good post, especially pointing out how these "people" are COWARDS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies