Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2011, 06:00 AM

6 posts, read 6,608 times

Advertisements

This is a very interesting take on it. Someone thinks she's cashin in on it.

Is Hillary Adams trying to cash in on her family turmoil? « The Duchess of Hackney

I say she is handling it the wrong way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 06:34 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,828,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
The video is not "graphic" she did not once draw blood.

She was just getting punished by her parents, i really don't see anything wrong with the video. You people don't have any right to question/disapprove of someone else parenting, nor do they need your approval.

We have ALL been spanked with leather belts and disciplined. get over it.
Sorry, I can say for sure I've never been whipped with a belt. So no I will not get over it.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:39 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,397 times
Why is also swearing at her? yeesh

Old 11-04-2011, 06:41 AM

994 posts, read 1,681,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Dis Comfort View Post
This is a very interesting take on it. Someone thinks she's cashin in on it.

Is Hillary Adams trying to cash in on her family turmoil? « The Duchess of Hackney

I say she is handling it the wrong way.
So what if she does cash in on this .....he beat her bad and she deserves all the pennies that come of this. Otherwise this sounds like nothing but a smear campaign to derail the real topic...the abuse of his daughter. Next.

Old 11-04-2011, 06:47 AM

443 posts, read 600,668 times
If I grew up with a overly enraged lunatic control freak of a father with a major case of SPS and beat me then I also would cash in on his evilness.

Why is that wrong? This is probably from a same poster that then slams the OWS people for not being for large corporations making record profits while laying off employees for an extra buck.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:00 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
_Update Guys_
Basically the newest article claims: if the judicial commission and police investigations don't lead to punishment or charges, Adams could be safe on the bench until he's up for re-election in three years.

Source - Judge William Adams Won't Be Charged Over Videotaped Beating Of Daughter, Police Say

Of course Judge Dredd claims he has done nothing wrong and blames the daughter. Typical tyrant.
Well from what I read. The police say they would have charged him with a crime if it had not been past the statute of limitations.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:17 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Some people here obviously do not know the difference between a spanking and a beating. The judge is lucky, had his daughter released it earlier he would have been thrown off the bench and jailed. Hopefully his days as a judge are comng to an end in the state of Texas.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:19 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times
Quote:
The video is not "graphic" she did not once draw blood.
Are you kidding???!!!! You have no way to tell if those belt strikes caused bleeding or not. So blood is required for it to be excessive?

Quote:
She was just getting punished by her parents, i really don't see anything wrong with the video. You people don't have any right to question/disapprove of someone else parenting, nor do they need your approval.
When a parent hurts a child we not only have the right to question their parenting it's our duty.

Quote:
We have ALL been spanked with leather belts and disciplined. get over it.
Never have I been hit with a belt nor have I ever used one on any of my children.

I can only hope you don't have children!

Old 11-04-2011, 07:29 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,976 times
my dad would beat my ass with a belt, my mom beat me with a hairbrush. it sucked, but in the grand scheme of things it wasn't a big deal at all. they were good parents, and it was effective discipline.

so the belt thing doesn't bother me, it is the other details of this which bother me. She is a female, which is different. She has a disability, which is different. And the dad really goes overboard with it all, both in the number of times he hits her (which is WAY excessive), the language he uses, the things he says to her, and for what? Using the computer?

Old 11-04-2011, 07:47 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
my dad would beat my ass with a belt, my mom beat me with a hairbrush. it sucked, but in the grand scheme of things it wasn't a big deal at all. they were good parents, and it was effective discipline.

so the belt thing doesn't bother me, it is the other details of this which bother me. She is a female, which is different. She has a disability, which is different. And the dad really goes overboard with it all, both in the number of times he hits her (which is WAY excessive), the language he uses, the things he says to her, and for what? Using the computer?
Along with that she stated this was not unusual, but she this was the first time she thought to record it. What the judge did was Abuse under any guidelines one wants to use. Let me put it this way, if a teacher or stranger did that to your child would you consider it abuse or assault, would the police and DA? We already know what the law says, problem is people consider assaulting a realtive differently from assaulting a stranger, why they think so is beyond logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies