Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 08:13 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,918,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Sorry DecafDave, but nuclear warfare these days is everyone's business, ever since we discovered that radioactive fallout can have harmful effects far from where an actual weapon was used.

I seriously hope for Israel's sake that this is all saber rattling and no action, or that they have a helluva good plan to fight off probably 6-7 nations at the same time (not that it'd be a first, but still)
How would you know? There has been no "nuclear warfare these days". I never said I support a nuclear strike on Iran, however, so no need to apologize to me.

The above said, I certainly would not bet against Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 08:34 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Are we the worlds policeman? Isn't it about time that we let the middle east be the middle east? Why do we feel that Israel should answer to us? Do any other countries that we provide aid to answer to us? Very few if any...

Old 11-12-2011, 08:35 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Oh, really? 63% approve of Obama's success and his policies on terrorism.

Guess both Netanyahu and you are wrong...again.
The latest CBS poll says:
Thirty-six percent of Americans say the Obama administration's policies have made the country safer from terrorism - up from 28 percent last May - while 34 percent say they've had no effect and 19 percent say they've made Americans less safe.
Poll: Americans' views on foreign policy - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Old 11-12-2011, 08:38 PM

6 posts, read 3,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnd View Post
I'm not a fan of Obama but for Israel to not tell the President of the United States its intentions is wrong. The puny little country of Israel only exists because of us and we could end that any time.
Good luck. The Jews have a stranglehold on our government, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:40 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onedaywewillwakeup View Post
Good luck. The Jews have a stranglehold on our government, I don't see that changing anytime soon.
You'd prefer the Persians, we assume.

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-13-2011 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 11-12-2011, 08:40 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,199,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
How would you know? There has been no "nuclear warfare these days". I never said I support a nuclear strike on Iran, however, so no need to apologize to me.

The above said, I certainly would not bet against Israel.
Perhaps I misunderstood, or simply mis-stated my response to you. In any case, I normally wouldn't bet against Israel either considering they have a very well-equipped, well-trained, and fierce defense force, but I do believe that the odds are in the very least stacked against Israel if Russia and China chip in, which is my concern.

Israel v. Iran, just one on one, my money would be on Israel.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:42 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
I think the world really will end in 2012.

With that being said, NO MORE AID TO ISRAEL.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:42 PM

6 posts, read 3,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You'd prefer the Persians, we assume.

Dumbass.
I'm sick of a small population of Jewish-Americans with dubious loyalty pressuring our officials and influencing our media and banking industries to do their bidding for their tribesmen in Israel.

We can all pretend it doesn't exist when it's so blatantly obvious.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:45 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Perhaps I misunderstood, or simply mis-stated my response to you. In any case, I normally wouldn't bet against Israel either considering they have a very well-equipped, well-trained, and fierce defense force, but I do believe that the odds are in the very least stacked against Israel if Russia and China chip in, which is my concern.

Israel v. Iran, just one on one, my money would be on Israel.
I am not entirely convinced the Russians could prevail over Israel.... Their military is impressive....

Old 11-12-2011, 08:48 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,098,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Maybe, instead of people being worried whether Israel tells the US what it is may or may not do, Americans should be more concerned about what their own country is doing in regard to Iran?

Just sayin'......

Rep. Ron Paul statement on new Iran sanctions act « The Passionate Attachment
That is rational thought

The debate they had tonight was scary, seemed like a competition on who would be the most hawkish

They will have another one of these war debates on CNN soon hopefully Ron Paul wont be blacked out again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies