Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 03:52 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
Politicizing is one thing. Disagree with doing that.
Calling a Brain Injury a "GIFT" is just plain ignorant.

Been there - it is NOT in any way, shape or form a gift!
Go back and read what he said again. You clearly aren't understanding the statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 03:53 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
''I know what I'm talking about, I don't need some ******* to confirm my thoughts''

You know NOTHING! God is showing HIS power with Gabby's improvement!!! Doctor's are NOT Divine, contrary to many of their deceived opinions..of themselves...and many of their patients!
Pardon my questions but why didn't God stop her from getting shot in the head in the first place? I'm a Christian but people like you scare me.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:57 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Pardon my questions but why didn't God stop her from getting shot in the head in the first place?
He was at Starbucks getting a Latté.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:58 PM

39,878 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
In a co-written book, Gabrielle Gifford and her (retired) astronaut husband, Mark Kelly slam Speaker Boehner for not visiting Gifford after her near-fatal shooting in January of this year. The media and the Democrats turned the event into a Republican and conservative blame-fest knowing full well that the perpetrator was likely insane and unlikely to have been motivated by Republican talking points or ideas. For Boehner any attempt to visit Giffords would likely have been rebuffed and it was a lose-lose situation. The book recounts an encounter between Giffords and Kelly and Boehner at a restaurant where Giffords approached him and warned him to stay out of her district in the run up to the 2010 elections. So clearly the political animus was coming from Giffords. I suspect that this is all prelude for Mark Kelly running for his wife's House seat (since she clearly now borders on the incompetent). For Democrats the criminal assault on Giffords is the gift that keeps on giving.
I'm sorry for what she's been through, and she is suffering significant brain damage. I'm not sure that would make her any more incompetent than some other Democrats in congress... With half a brain, she's still got to be brighter than Bwanny Frank, Nancy Pelosi or a few others.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 11-16-2011 at 04:15 PM..

Old 11-16-2011, 04:00 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'm sorry for what she's been through, and she is suffering significant brain damage. I'm not sure that would make her any more incompetent than most other Democrats in congress... With half a brain, she's still got to be brighter than Bwanny Frank, Nancy Pelosi or a few others.
Clearly brighter than Joe Biden on his best day peddling class warfare to 4th graders.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:14 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times
Quote:
Pardon my questions but why didn't God stop her from getting shot in the head in the first place? I'm a Christian but people like you scare me.
People like you disgust me!!

God sometimes allows suffering and temperarily damage...to display HIS Presense and power. You are completely VOID of any wisdom of God! He does...what he chooses to DO...for His REASON.

WE DON'T KNOW WHY. But some recognize.... more than others.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:21 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
He must have been napping, and now he's trying to make up for it.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Spoiler
She is no more "incompetent" now than before the shooting. You obviously don't know anything about brain damage in area of head that Giffords experienced. The bullet hit the speech center and area that controls right side physical functions in the leg and arm. In no way were her cognitive abilities to think, process information or memories effected. Could she continue doing a job that so depends on giving speeches, probably not but she is not incompetent and could do many complex jobs! As for her husband running for her old seat, I'll believe it when he moves to AZ. If he did, I'm sure a retired astronaut would know a great deal about problem solving and
he'd be an asset to the House.
Hopefully he'd be an asset to the now non-existent space program.

NASA Hitches a Ride on a Russian Craft, and Begins a New Dependent Phase

By KENNETH CHANG

Published: November 12, 2011

Are you proud of what America has become?

Old 11-16-2011, 04:36 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
The nasty comments in this thread about Gabby are mind boggling. Any senator, representative or other high ranging elected official who takes a bullet while doing his/her job is no different than a member of our military getting disabled while doing theirs. She doesn't not deserve the trash talk she's getting here. She lost a huge part of her life to that bullet, for crying out loud. Would you guys make despicable comments about disabled veterans as well? There's a time to put partisan BS aside and just be a human being who cares about the safety of all our elected officials.

Old 11-16-2011, 04:43 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,672,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The nasty comments in this thread about Gabby are mind boggling.
My mind isn't boggled, I'm not surprised. You haven't read enough here and observed enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies