Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 12:19 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times

Advertisements

I'm not saying that if he does it it's ok for another to do it.
All I am saying is that those who want to point a stinky finger at the OWS people, they need to be aware that the same thing is happening on the other side as well.

Sure any report of a crime will be investigated. However, have you noticed how those with money get lesser punishment than those without?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 12:22 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times
What a waste of money. Don't need some lobbying firm; citizen media has exposed OWS for what it is.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:33 AM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I'm not saying that if he does it it's ok for another to do it.
All I am saying is that those who want to point a stinky finger at the OWS people, they need to be aware that the same thing is happening on the other side as well.

Sure any report of a crime will be investigated. However, have you noticed how those with money get lesser punishment than those without?
Where have you been lately? Who said we weren't aware of it? Enron was back in 2001-2002. The Jack Abramoff scandal was in 2006. What are you talking about? The OWS didn't bring these issues to light. They have been known for at least a decade now or more. And many people were upset with banks and lobbyists long before any of them started sleeping in a tent at a park..with their Starbucks in their hands!! I refuse to let the Occupy terrorist co-opt a feeling that was already felt by others and have the arrogance to think that they are the embodiment and representative of it.

Last edited by cmforte; 11-22-2011 at 12:53 AM..

Old 11-22-2011, 01:01 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,674,702 times
Occupy terrorists eh?
How close are you to the people who are part of the occupation?
Not everyone there is a digenerate. What the media fails to report, and to no suprise, are the occupy locations that are functioning respectfully and have an open line of communication with government officials in their local.

It bothers me that some of the comments in these sorts of discussions lump everyone who is protesting into the catagory of criminals. Criminals come in all sizes.
So by your perception the grandmother at an occupy site, sitting quietly knitting in her chair with a sign telling her story is a terrorist.....nice.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:06 AM

1,435 posts, read 1,553,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Occupy terrorists eh?
How close are you to the people who are part of the occupation?
Not everyone there is a digenerate. What the media fails to report, and to no suprise, are the occupy locations that are functioning respectfully and have an open line of communication with government officials in their local.

It bothers me that some of the comments in these sorts of discussions lump everyone who is protesting into the catagory of criminals. Criminals come in all sizes.
So by your perception the grandmother at an occupy site, sitting quietly knitting in her chair with a sign telling her story is a terrorist.....nice.
If she does not violate any laws or civic codes and ordinances, then no. But you are judged by the company you keep.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:19 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I find it quite interesting how the far right defends corporate fascism in U.S.
It's because the fascist mentality is always with us, beneath the radar. There is nothing exotic about it. Think termites - working behind the walls until their damage becomes evident, then a "fine mess" to clean up.
Americans succumbed to a consumerist propaganda fog (courtesy of guess who) for years and paid no attention (yeah, politics is boring). Buying stuff is more fun than attending to the nation's business. There were warnings about this "care and feeding" of corporations. From Republican Dwight Eisenhower, whose concern at the time was the military-industrial complex:
** "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed".
** There are a number of things wrong with Washington. One of them is that everyone is too far from home".

This one is about vigilance:
** "We must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex".
And for the Fox millionaires:
** "When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it".

The corporate propaganda has always been that it can't happen here because America is different. Really?

Last edited by detwahDJ; 11-22-2011 at 07:29 AM..

Old 11-22-2011, 07:23 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Actually it is Wall St that doesn't like being defined for what they are. That is why they are willing to spend massive amounts of money in dirty tricks and lies.
A yes corporate lobbiest/ lawyers / and propagandists .... the Amerikan way!
Huh? How is anything that they have done a dirty trick or lie. Hey, if the OWS goons, didn't rape, rob, kill and, poop in the streets, you may have a point.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:54 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
If she does not violate any laws or civic codes and ordinances, then no. But you are judged by the company you keep.
Maybe stupid people judge that way, courts don't...
There are murderers in the Tea Party, does that mean every TP member is a murderer, too?

Anyway, it said somewhere that the founding members of that lobbying company have worked for Boehner in the past

I hope the OWS people get organized and thus donations so they can hire PI's to investigate bankers and managers in return, I am sure there is a lot of dirt just waiting to be unearthed

Old 11-23-2011, 01:43 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I find it quite interesting how the far right defends corporate fascism in U.S.
I find it equally interesting that the far left says that corporations shouldn't be allowed to donate to political campaigns, but say nothing at all about unions and all the other special interest groups like GLADD, LGBT, Laraza, CBC, etc. are just fine to donate in your book. Aren't they ALL groups and not individuals like you guys like to say about corporations?

Old 11-24-2011, 06:05 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,935,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I find it equally interesting that the far left says that corporations shouldn't be allowed to donate to political campaigns, but say nothing at all about unions and all the other special interest groups like GLADD, LGBT, Laraza, CBC, etc. are just fine to donate in your book. Aren't they ALL groups and not individuals like you guys like to say about corporations?
* Oh the evil unions - Cut them off and leave corporate interests running the country. Right, Fox's view.... Fascism is certainly not dead in America.
* Do you even know what the "far left" is, or do you adopt the Fox definition of being anything to its own left (meaning moderate)? Krauthammer, and others, say that Clinton is a member of the "far left" - laughable and pathetic.
* Union contributions are paltry compared to those of multinational multi-billion dollar corporations. That's right - wealthy foreigners, including our enemies, can now pump as much money as they want into our elections, thanks to republican Citizens' United. What a great idea!
* Money in elections should be absent from BOTH sides, but Republicans will never allow it because they get most of it (their base being the 1%).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies