Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 06:22 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times

Advertisements

It's indeed a bad idea to base policies on who's got the biggest wallet and loudest/meanest lobbyists. Policies should be based on science, facts, morals, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 12:57 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,554,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
There are murderers in the Tea Party, does that mean every TP member is a murderer, too?

Quote:
You have support for this?
I hope the OWS people get organized and thus donations so they can hire PI's to investigate bankers and managers in return, I am sure there is a lot of dirt just waiting to be unearthed
They have been investigated in the past and some are being investigated today. Ever heard of Solyndra? Oh, that's right, that's a Liberal and Obama pet project, and a "green energy" company at that, so all the accusations against it must be just a Right-wing conspiracy, or at the very least, a Right-wing over-reaction!

Old 11-25-2011, 01:06 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,508,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The big fear by the big banks is that the Tea Party and OWS movement will band together on the issue of big banks. There is a nexus between the two on the issue. That would be a wonderful thing.

As far as corporations having 1st amendment rights, please show me that in the constitution or the proposition that corporations are people.
Please show us where abortion is a right to privacy in the Constitution? Or where we are allowed to give money to foreign countries? Or where the President can use the military without a declaration of war?

Why are union members granted certain rights at the expense other people's rights? Where does the Constitution allow that?

Old 11-25-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
They have been investigated in the past and some are being investigated today. Ever heard of Solyndra? Oh, that's right, that's a Liberal and Obama pet project, and a "green energy" company at that, so all the accusations against it must be just a Right-wing conspiracy, or at the very least, a Right-wing over-reaction!
Statistics. Any larger organization has killers, rapists, etc. among its members and followers, be it the TP, the Catholic Church, IBM etc. I don't know their names, but they are there, simply because of statistics.

I am not partisan, I don't care which party a criminal belongs to, if they did something wrong, they need to be sanctioned. Having said this, I am pretty sure there is more dirt to be unearthed among CEO's, managers, bankers, etc. (the psychopath caste) than among OWS followers... When that company says they want to discredit members of the OWS movement, I say, if they want mud-slinging, they shall have it. Let's see who has more to lose...

Old 11-25-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Statistics. Any larger organization has killers, rapists, etc. among its members and followers, be it the TP, the Catholic Church, IBM etc. I don't know their names, but they are there, simply because of statistics.

I am not partisan, I don't care which party a criminal belongs to, if they did something wrong, they need to be sanctioned. Having said this, I am pretty sure there is more dirt to be unearthed among CEO's, managers, bankers, etc. (the psychopath caste) than among OWS followers... When that company says they want to discredit members of the OWS movement, I say, if they want mud-slinging, they shall have it. Let's see who has more to lose...
Statistics? Then provide them. Or at least provide an example of a TP member that is a murderer or rapist. With the OWS, we have plenty of video and police reports of their crimes. Where are the same for a Tea Party member? If you have one, than I'll concede that point.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Statistics? Then provide them. Or at least provide an example of a TP member that is a murderer or rapist. With the OWS, we have plenty of video and police reports of their crimes. Where are the same for a Tea Party member? If you have one, than I'll concede that point.
As I said, it is about statistics. In the US for instance the homicide rate is roughly 5 cases per 100k people. So if you have an organization with millions of members/follower you automatically end up with a certain number of killers, but also rapists, child abusers etc. Any organization reflects society as a whole. We have seen that with all the child abuse cases in the Church, which is the last place one might expect something like that because of all the moral bla bla bla.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Lobbying firm's memo spells out plan to undermine Occupy Wall Street
In case no one noticed, OWS did a fine job of that all on their own in setting up their little pieces of liberal utopia.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
As I said, it is about statistics. In the US for instance the homicide rate is roughly 5 cases per 100k people. So if you have an organization with millions of members/follower you automatically end up with a certain number of killers, but also rapists, child abusers etc. Any organization reflects society as a whole. We have seen that with all the child abuse cases in the Church, which is the last place one might expect something like that because of all the moral bla bla bla.
Then provide the statistics. If you don't, then I'll just disregard your posts and not respond to you any more. If you can provide a source that has a statistic or number of how many TP members are murderers or rapists, then fine.

Here is the RCC statistic concerning child abuse cases: (from
Catholic Priest Abuse Scandal Statistics from the Executive Summary by John Jay College of Criminal Justice) :

[SIZE=3]"o We asked each diocese, eparchy and community for their total number of active priests in this time period. Adding up all their responses, there were 109,694 priests reported by dioceses, eparchies and religious communities to have served in their ecclesiastical ministry from 1950-2002. Using this number, 4.0% of all priests active between 1950 and 2002 had allegations of abuse.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]"o The Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA) reports a total of 94,607 priests for the period 1960-2002. When we look at the time period covered by the CARA database, the number of priests with allegations of sexual abuse is 4,127. Thus, the percentage of priests accused for this time period is 4.3% if we rely on the CARA figures assessing the total number of priests.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]"o If we examine the differences between diocesan and religious priests, then our numbers result in a total of 4.3% of diocesan priests with allegations of abuse and 2.5% of religious priests with allegations of abuse. The CARA numbers yield a total of 5% of diocesan priests from 1960-1996 with allegations of abuse and 2.7% of religious priests from 1960-1996 with allegations of abuse.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]"• Our analyses revealed little variability in the rates of alleged abuse across regions of the Catholic Church in the U.S. -- the range was from 3% to 6% of priests."[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]_____________________________[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Now there you have the statistics for the Catholic Church. Now if you have statistics on the number of murderers and/or rapists in the TP, then please provide them.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:41 PM

You don't understand the logic of this. I don't have to prove any further statistics or proof. The homicide rate alone proves that there are murderers in any larger organization. How many exactly is irrelevant, whether there are 100 or 1000 murderers in the TP, who cares. The point is, there are some. The logic of the OWS critics is that anyone who supports that movement supports terrorists because it is a terrorist movement due to a few criminals in it. And that is clearly nonsense. Be grateful someone still dares to point out what is going wrong in your country

Old 11-25-2011, 02:51 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Be grateful someone still dares to point out what is going wrong in your country

Jeez, poop in the street, cost small business owners and their families and their kids a way to provide for themselves.

Bring down the economy.

Why wouldn't I be grateful?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies