Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 01:10 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
Well if black ppl weren't the ones far more likely stealing cars, this woudn't be a problem.

I really hate ppl blaming the effects of something and COMPLETELY IGNORE the actual cause of it.

If you were a cop and during your experience as a cop you WITNESSED or saw (or arrested, convicted) 20 times more blacks stealing cars than any other race.

Wouldn't you in a car theft investigation be much more likely to look for black ppl than any other race? Thats just common sense!

What would you prefer cops stop some 80 year old pakistan woman who is far LESS likely to boast a car? Or stop a young black man who is far MORE likely to steal a car?

Again this is simply basic prudent police work.

All of us are more afraid of boarding a plane with a group of muslims than we are of a group of white or black ppl.

Why is that? Because we woke up ONE DAY being afraid that Muslims would blow up planes.

NO!

Unfortunately in society the good have to suffer because of the bad.

There would be no crimes being solved if the police suddenly stop apprehending all black ppl.

Its funny how no one has a problem when white ppl are more likely to be profiled and brought in for questioning regard serial killings or pedophiles.

Wake up and deal with it. There are stereotypes based on facts or reality that shapes they way we view and judge ppl on an everyday basis!

For most of us, both scenarios are highly unlikely. Out of all the posters here that post these threads, I wonder how many have actually been a victim of one of the crimes they are so fond of speaking about. I do not fear that my plane is going to get blown up every time I see someone of Arabian descent board, nor do I think I am going to get carjacked every time I see a black person. I do not blame entire races or religions for the actions of a few idiots - as I said earlier on, thoughts like that come from small minds.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:18 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,978,568 times
Remember the book 'Freakenomics'?
I think it was there, where I read that the current decrease in crime correlates to the time when abortions became legal.

That means UNWANTED kids, whose moms don't even want them, are fewer in number.
So, the problem is males with no father whose mom is probably so poor and knowledgeable and so without hope that she can hardly fend for herself in this life.
When these women have an education, see that they can build a future for themselves with some effort, they often elect not to have kids.

In the absence of a loving parent and no role models it is easy to understand where a kid will turn to the fellowship and acceptance of others, and often that results in gang affiliation.

So a part of the puzzle, to me, is education and showing people that there is a way 'up', and the other part is offering abortions to young girls who are acceptable to turning to the young boys in her life to substitute for the love and attention she got too little of from her parents.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:52 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Is this another "Negros scare me... I bet they scare YOU too!" threads?

LOL... Where's YOUR data?
I agree, this whole thread was pretty funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Oh no don't call EdwardA black! he'll take offense to that. He's a person of African descent that was naturally born here in the United States. Apparently he has nothing to do with the "culture" of the rest of the Black Americans here in the United States. Cause you know, we are all the same, and yet he's not like us at all. The way you people post in this thread make it sound like all black people live in the Projects in the middle of the inner city. Thanks for the vote of confidence non-black America. Plus EdwardA. Its seems like every week there is a stupid, stupid, stupid race thread on the site. Maybe city-data should make another sub-forum under PO&C called "I have an unhealthy fascination with Black People because I saw something on TV." That way, we can stop sh*tting up the main PO&C forum with this useless banter and get back to the real issues like why only people on the internet want to vote for Ron Paul or why 150 reasons why I don't think liberals are Americans.

So basically you guys want people to say "black neighborhoods are more dangerous than non-black neighborhoods. Fine say it nobody cares just be specific about it. "Poor black neighbhorhoods with active gang activity are more dangerous than Gate white communities in Salt Lake City." I think that is about as accurate as you can get with that.
I agree with the bolded area. It is always amazing to me how people believe what they see on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
First of all, it should say poor black neighborhoods, but because that was not specified people feel the need to bring up the FACT that the crime rate is not high in middle class black neighboorhoods which kind of disproves your theory about culture. There are blacks living among blacks in neighborhoods that do not have high crime rates. Again I would still like to know what the point of this thread is. I could start a thread about how whites molest children at a disproportionate rate, but then what would be the point, unless I was trying to insinuate that this is some genetic trait or that no one should allow their children around white people. Since I am not racist, I don't believe any of that - just making a point.

Maybe I should start a thread and ask white people why their ancestors thought it was okay to kill non-white people all over the planet and steal their land while committing some of the biggest and most heinous crimes, without punishment in the the history of mankind - is this genetic or was it culture? Either way, has this changed and if so, how?

It is so small minded of people to constantly post threads like this. Does it somehow put you on a pedastal because your race has less criminals (in terms of who is convicted since sentencing disparity and other factors aren't even considered in these discussions)? Is this some sort of affirmation to racists? Is it a recruiting tactic. Someone please tell me what is so exciting and joyous about people admitting that blacks are worse than whites. Again, what do you want to do about this - kills the blacks?

I was going to bring up the same thing in regards to sexual deviancy amongst white people. I would rather my car get stolen than have my child molested or raped by a white coach/priest/deviant.

Also, it is always amazing to me that people bring up the whole black people are violent because of "black culture." Black culture is American culture. White people have pillaged the ENTIRE WORLD!!!! It is like none of you read or something. White people rape and kill and steal and do all sorts of heinous things on a GLOBAL level. I don't usually go around saying things like that since I know that most white people do not do this, but when things like the whole black culture is violent crap comes up, I do bring it up and point out that these black people were more than likely violent due to the cultural influence of violent white people throughout history, recent history I might add.

I too, do not see the point in this thread. I know a lot of statistics regarding the horrible crimes of white people, but since crime itself, especially violent crime, is not very prevalent (too much IMO but much less than it used to be), I don't see the need to dredge it up unless I am attempting to lower these horrible instances from happening. Not to make myself or my ethnic background seem superior from another.

But on the whole black neighborhoods are violent thing. Here in Atlanta we are looking to buy some property in Cascade Heights which used to be a white neighborhood but now is black and has extremely low rates of crime. White people moved out during the "white flight" era and opened up the neighborhood to middle class/wealthy blacks who still live there. Due to the housing market and due to the fact that it is a black neighborhood, prices are extremely cheap right now. I am happy that white people are afraid of blacks when it comes to real estate since it keeps the good black neighborhoods affordable. In majority white areas of town, you cannot find a house as nice as you can in Cascade Heights for half of what you would pay in the whiter areas of town and I know, but many won't admit it (many white people) it is because it is a black neighborhood. Crime rates are actually better there and schools are just as good so neither one of them is a factor.

We may also be moving to Chicago next year and so I am looking at property to buy in the Pill Hill area of Chicago, a middle class black neighborhood with low crime. There are plenty of low crime cities and neighborhoods that are majority black. Just because some white people don't know about them (and they don't because they don't care about making black people look like normal non-violent Americans, which is crazy since blacks in this country had a whole movement based on non-violence) doesn't mean they don't exist.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:57 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
So what did you say that got you a violation? It should still be up or your reputation page. I know I still have mine for speak out against the Confederate flag a couple of months ago.
I stated the obvious. The truth that everyone knows but is "afraid" because of politically correctness, to say.

Political correctness influences *every* comment or conversation regarding matters of race (and how they relate to neighborhoods).

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-21-2011, 02:12 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I wish you folks would make up your minds. Is there one monolithic Black culture or not?
As you know - I guess - there are many different cultures that come from Black people. My problem with you is that you are beyond hypocritical. I don't know any Black cultures anywhere that advocate self-hatred.

Quote:
One hand many of you say there is no monolithic culture and that the "ghetto culture" is but one aspect. Yet the same people seem put off that I don't consider myself a typical Black American and that my posting style is "white". Which would suggest that there is one monolithic Black culture and by straying from it I can't possibly be black.
Your disingenuousness is laughable. You know exactly what we speak of. You are not trying to identify with ANY type of black culture; you say you are of an African immigrant background and that you are "different" from black Americans. Then when posters like myself point out that not only are you seen by the world in general as just another black American, you are insane in your desire to distance yourself from them and when you indeed spell out your reasons for wanting to do so, you speak in boilerplate stereotypical racist language, stupidly depicting the culture of an entire ethnic group of people as "ghetto thug". Do you actually expect anyone here to believe that someone who hates African American culture so much and who tries to ingratiate themselves so much with the white racist fringe is actually a black man? I ain't buying it.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:14 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Nope. The descendants of slaves have carried with them some of the pathologies of the plantation. One being don't air our business in front of white folks. That's a big no-no to them. So while they begrudgingly acknowledge the facts they don't want to give too much shine to them.

This thinking is backwards and frankly indicative of a slave mentality. If you can't acknowledge there is a problem you can never come to a solution.

Since I'm not a descendant of slaves I'm free from such mental constraints and can clearly and objectively analyze a set of facts without becoming emotional.
Yeah...........I bet you're not.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:59 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,395,125 times
Quote:
You put that eloquently and with some level of intelligence.

But you're still dead wrong!

Just because upper class blacks do not tend to commit violent crimes does not mean the sole cause of violent acts are poverty.

Again poverty IS a factor but history and statistics have clearly shown RACE or CULTURE is a far bigger factor.

If that is not the case, then again why do you NOT see the EXACT level of violent behavior in ALL poor communities?

How often have you seen Chinese drive-bys shootings??!!

How often have you seen Indians or Pakistan men in gangs AT 12 YEARS OLD??!!

How often do you see White people will 5 baby mommies and not taking care of their kids??!!

These very VERY few examples are all prevalent in poor black communities and OCCUR every single day in these black communities around this country!
White Guys with a bunch of baby momas- Kevin Federlinr for one.

In towns with sizable Chinese populations there is significant gang activity.

Just because it's more chronicled don't think that the what 10-12% of the population of Black in America are responsible for all the crime. And we don't need to bring up white collar/federal crime perpertrators.

And I won't argue that these images are prevalent in poor Black communities, or poor white ones or poor latin ones.

Obviously you've never spent anytime in Kentucky or West Virginia or Ohio.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I stated the obvious. The truth that everyone knows but is "afraid" because of politically correctness, to say.

Political correctness influences *every* comment or conversation regarding matters of race (and how they relate to neighborhoods).

20yrsinBranson
If you're saying that crime is an issue in alot of poor Black communties- say it. And you'd be right. But when you use sweeping generalizations that's when you get into trouble.

Be like Ed Norton in 'American History X', rock that tattoo on your chest. At least you'll be respected for it more than whispering half-truths.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:35 PM

450 posts, read 503,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDay View Post
White Guys with a bunch of baby momas- Kevin Federlinr for one.

In towns with sizable Chinese populations there is significant gang activity.

Just because it's more chronicled don't think that the what 10-12% of the population of Black in America are responsible for all the crime. And we don't need to bring up white collar/federal crime perpertrators.

And I won't argue that these images are prevalent in poor Black communities, or poor white ones or poor latin ones.

Obviously you've never spent anytime in Kentucky or West Virginia or Ohio.
Cmon GreyDay you've got to be smarter than that.

Never did I say these do not occur in other communities. I said HOW OFTEN do they occur relative to how often they are prevalent in Black communities.

For every Kevin Federline they are 1 million Leroys in hood with abandoned kids.

You may hear of a senseless killing by a white person every now and then in this country (maybe a few times a week).

In black communities violent crimes occur every single day

Old 11-21-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Cmon GreyDay you've got to be smarter than that.

Never did I say these do not occur in other communities. I said HOW OFTEN do they occur relative to how often they are prevalent in Black communities.

For every Kevin Federline they are 1 million Leroys in hood with abandoned kids.

You may hear of a senseless killing by a white person every now and then in this country (maybe a few times a week).

In black communities violent crimes occur every single day
Incidence vs. prevalence?

The haircut is not 1 million to 1 however.

Out-of-Wedlock Birthrates Are Soaring, U.S. Reports - NYTimes.com

Last edited by GreyDay; 11-21-2011 at 03:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies