Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 07:37 AM

656 posts, read 648,907 times

Advertisements

We have the greatest system of government in the world.

It is known as the most perfect system in the history of the planet.

Why would you not trust government to make necessary interventions in your day to day living, especially when most Americans make such poor choices (eating junk foods) on their own free will?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 07:40 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,481,994 times
Because Im an adult fully capable of making my own decisions.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:42 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:47 AM

23,571 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Minimal judicious application of government intervention is welcome.

Total control is cause for revolt.

The use of all or nothing at all questions to find someone's position is a perfect strategy for division, redirected aggression and unresolvable emotional expression.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:23 AM

10 posts, read 10,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujulu View Post

Why would you not trust government to make necessary interventions in your day to day living, especially when most Americans make such poor choices (eating junk foods) on their own free will?
I understand that you are trying to get somewhere here. When you got to the poor choices part, it sticks in my head. I actually think, despite what some left-leaning people think, that it's more of an unpopular idea to have government intervention in our daily lives. Sure, people on the right want to ban gay-marriage too, but with that said, the left can be just as bad at times. I even read a blog taking to the extreme saying that Sarah Palin wants kids to "over-eat and get fat" while I think it had less to do with that, but more to do with her not wanting a leftist nanny-state. It's sadly true, that the years of making good choices have seen better days.

Also, realizing that people strongly dislike Sarah Palin, I can't stand her either because she wants to propose many authoritarian ideals.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:33 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,960,165 times
Quote:

Are you serious? I assume that you are. Do you really want the government telling you what you can or can't do in your life? Get real man, this is a free country not a communists country, and we want it to remain that way. If you want the government to take charge of your life go to N Korea or Iran or other places that are not free countries. To answer your question......hell no I don't want the government involved in my life.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:33 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
The Super Committee is a prime example of why we DO NOT need the government making any decisions for us.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:36 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,207,835 times
Quote:

there is a huge difference between having the goverment there and needing them, vs having the goverment stealing from taxpayers and being a nanny from cradle to grave.

very big difference between limited goverment, and gigantic goverment.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:38 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:

Does the thought of actually having to make decisions for yourself absolutely terrify you or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Because Im an adult fully capable of making my own decisions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I just threw up a little in my mouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertarianGoose1 View Post
I understand that you are trying to get somewhere here. When you got to the poor choices part, it sticks in my head. I actually think, despite what some left-leaning people think, that it's more of an unpopular idea to have government intervention in our daily lives. Sure, people on the right want to ban gay-marriage too, but with that said, the left can be just as bad at times. I even read a blog taking to the extreme saying that Sarah Palin wants kids to "over-eat and get fat" while I think it had less to do with that, but more to do with her not wanting a leftist nanny-state. It's sadly true, that the years of making good choices have seen better days.

Also, realizing that people strongly dislike Sarah Palin, I can't stand her either because she wants to propose many authoritarian ideals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Are you serious? I assume that you are. Do you really want the government telling you what you can or can't do in your life? Get real man, this is a free country not a communists country, and we want it to remain that way. If you want the government to take charge of your life go to N Korean or Iran or other places that are not free countries. To answer your question......hell no I don't want the government involved in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
there is a huge difference between having the goverment there and needing them, vs having the goverment stealing from taxpayers and being a nanny from cradle to grave.

very big difference between limited goverment, and gigantic goverment.

Reps for all of you

Old 11-25-2011, 09:39 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Poor choices ? Who declared pizza as a vegetable ? Who allows wood pulp to be used as filler in food ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies