Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Atheists/Agnostics: Do You Celebrate Christmas?
I am an atheist and I do celebrate Christmas 36 39.13%
I am an atheist and I do not celebrate Christmas 10 10.87%
I am agnostic and I do celebrate Christmas 41 44.57%
I am agnostic and I do not celebrate Christmas 5 5.43%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 10:37 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times

Advertisements

I enjoy it from the commercial and American culture aspect. By this, I mean that I do the gift giving and enjoy Christmas cookies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2011, 10:37 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
I always get a kick out of people who have to declare themselves an atheist or agnostic. Just keep your stupid beliefs or non-beliefs to yourself. You'll be praying to God or Allah or someone at the end of your life, you'll be frightened of that black abyss waiting for you.

Bunch of attention cravers. Pfft.

How about this, try showing people respect and let them believe what they want? If you don't believe, then just stay home and shut your trap?

Old 12-04-2011, 10:41 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I always get a kick out of people who have to declare themselves an atheist or agnostic. Just keep your stupid beliefs or non-beliefs to yourself. You'll be praying to God or Allah or someone at the end of your life, you'll be frightened of that black abyss waiting for you.

Bunch of attention cravers. Pfft.

How about this, try showing people respect and let them believe what they want? If you don't believe, then just stay home and shut your trap?
I always get a kick out of people who declare themselves a Christian or Muslim or part of any religion. Just keep your stupid delusional psycho beliefs to yourself. You will see you were fooled when you die.

Bunch of mental sickos. Pfft.

How about this, try showing people respect and let them believe what they want? If you believe, keep your mental illness to yourself.

See? It goes both ways. Thank you.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:42 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Ah, no. You are wrong. Again.

What was "Christmas" about before Christians stole it from the Pagans?

Educate yourself and then get back to me instead of being blinded by religion.

Thank you.
Why the need for the snark? I'm aware of the pagan connection. Is that what you're doing on Dec 25? Celebrating Christmas' pagan origins?

Old 12-04-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I always get a kick out of people who declare themselves a Christian or Muslim or part of any religion. Just keep your stupid delusional psycho beliefs to yourself. You will see you were fooled when you die.

Bunch of mental sickos. Pfft.

How about this, try showing people respect and let them believe what they want? If you believe, keep your mental illness to yourself.

Thank you.

If you don't believe, why do you feel the need to tell Christians and Muslims that you don't believe? Seems you are still looking for some kind of approval.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:44 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
You'll be praying to God or Allah or someone at the end of your life, you'll be frightened of that black abyss waiting for you.
It's fair to result into silly acts such prayer when you're frightened. It's normal to lose sense of thought and reality in such circumstances.

However, this discussion is about Christmas. Which, while having religious roots, has transformed into a social holiday that has very few ties to it's roots in many American homes. Both methods of celebration are perfectly fine.

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Perhaps there should be some sort of welcoming committee for all of the December only Christians that are among us during Christmas, the celebration of Christ's birth. Welcome to all and Merry Christmas!

I mean you are trying to offend them intentionally-seems rather childish. Did you not get the part of Joseph in some Christmas program in your childhood?

Old 12-04-2011, 10:45 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
If you don't believe, why do you feel the need to tell Christians and Muslims that you don't believe? Seems you are still looking for some kind of approval.
Why do Christians and Muslims feel the need to convert me and "save" me and tell me about their "belief"?

Seems they are looking for power and control or maybe approval.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:45 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
Quote:
No one would mention Christ because my family (with the exception of me) are Sikhs.

No need to mention Christ. Why would we?
You are a Sikh family, "observing" a "Christian holiday" with "Christian" customs, so, why wouldn't you? Do you do it as not to feel left out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies