Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2011, 07:49 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,170,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Why is Obama to blame for the current economy?
Same reason Clinton was to blame for the economic boom of the 90's.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 07:59 PM

521 posts, read 466,854 times
Quote:
There are things that are just as important as the economy. Remember, we are a country, not just an economy.

Why is Obama to blame for the current economy? Was all of this created in 3 years? How is Obama supposed to create jobs? Is he supposed to just yield to the demands of corporations and let them enslave us, poison us, pay us like we're the third world, all for profit, but hey, we'll have jobs? Your view tells me you haven't given enough thought to these things in the last 31 years.
Corporations enslaving whom? The people that need to work to put food on the table to survive? You blame the corporations for offering work?

Old 12-21-2011, 07:59 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,997 times
Quote:
Is he supposed to just yield to the demands of corporations and let them enslave us, poison us, pay us like we're the third world, all for profit, but hey, we'll have jobs?
Republicans, Democrat, it matters not. Both are beholding only to their self-interest and who's shelling out the dough for their next campaign.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:32 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,136,350 times
As long as employers disrespect the workers by paying low wages and having ridiculous policies I applaud everyone sitting at home. I just got back on plus I am collecting food stamps. I am not going to overextend myself. It is great to get up at 11, go to the library, walk around the block, walk along the trails, and on some days go to the bar for some Pabst Blue Ribbon. Laziness is a virtue.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:05 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I wonder if all these self-righteous arrogant people who are so contemptuous of those who were laid off their jobs and collecting UI would ever condescend to accept UI if it was them who lost their employment due to a lay-off. I'll wager if it means paying the mortgage, the electric bill, and putting food on the table ... they would apply for UI in a heartbeat.

They are just a bunch of mean-spirited hypocrites.
Yet illegals can come here and easily find work, and the jobs they do seem to provide plenty of income as remittances to Mexico were considerably up in 2011. In fact billions of dollars every month are sent out of the USA by immigrants working here. They not only can make ends meet with those low paying jobs they accept, they have $800 or so left over after living expenses to send back to their country.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:09 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yet illegals can come here and easily find work, and the jobs they do seem to provide plenty of income as remittances to Mexico were considerably up in 2011. In fact billions of dollars every month are sent out of the USA by immigrants working here. They not only can make ends meet with those low paying jobs they accept, they have $800 or so left over after living expenses to send back to their country.
Yeah, you really have to wonder... Millions of immigrants, they are kicking our asses, and they don't have one tenth of the education or resources we do.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Yeah, you really have to wonder... Millions of immigrants, they are kicking our asses, and they don't have one tenth of the education or resources we do.
I know. It's amazing because the economy is better than ever for them.

Mexico Remittances Rise the Most in 5 Years on Cheaper Peso - Businessweek

Even as economic growth slowed in the U.S., money sent back to Mexico rose 21 percent to $2.08 billion in September from $1.72 billion in the same month a year earlier, the central bank said today.

While millions of Americans insist they must be paid many more months not to work, immigrants are coming here and doing so well, meeting expenses here AND having more money than ever to send out of this country back to theirs.

A whopping 21% increase in September 2011.

It's not sustainable to keep bringing in millions of immigrants who can easily find work and send out billions of dollars from the USA every month while the taxpayers must support millions of Americans who never want to work again.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:29 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's not sustainable to keep bringing in millions of immigrants who can easily find work and send out billions of dollars from the USA every month while the taxpayers must support millions of Americans who never want to work again.
That's what I've always said. It's truly insane. I don't blame the illegals, at least they're working. Meanwhile Americans are pooping in the streets for social justice.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:22 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemdiver View Post
Same reason Clinton was to blame for the economic boom of the 90's.
Well, I kind of do think he was responsible for some of it but I'll listen to others with more information. I'm not implying that Obama isn't culpable in some way for where we are now, but he sure isn't responsible. That is very clear to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
Corporations enslaving whom? The people that need to work to put food on the table to survive? You blame the corporations for offering work?
My view is that corporations, those "citizens" who are swimming in cash right now, are just itching to turn back all regulations so they can have even more cash. Because we human citizens are hurting for jobs, this is a perfect opportunity for the corporatocracy to enslave us like third world children into poverty. My closest friend works for a company who has "Gratitude, not Attitude" posters on the walls. In other words, you should be grateful you have a job and not cop an attitude by complaining about your pay or benefits. Can you imagine? I can't. And I don't want an America where corporations get an easy path. The fact that you think that jobs emanate from corporations makes it seem like we are receiving gifts from them and that only plays into the idea that they are our overseers and protectors. They are enslavers. They have no morals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Republicans, Democrat, it matters not. Both are beholding only to their self-interest and who's shelling out the dough for their next campaign.
I agree. Our economy would be the same now if McCain had won. The President isn't at the helm, he is a puppet..

Old 12-22-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Well, I kind of do think he was responsible for some of it but I'll listen to others with more information. I'm not implying that Obama isn't culpable in some way for where we are now, but he sure isn't responsible. That is very clear to me.

My view is that corporations, those "citizens" who are swimming in cash right now, are just itching to turn back all regulations so they can have even more cash. Because we human citizens are hurting for jobs, this is a perfect opportunity for the corporatocracy to enslave us like third world children into poverty. My closest friend works for a company who has "Gratitude, not Attitude" posters on the walls. In other words, you should be grateful you have a job and not cop an attitude by complaining about your pay or benefits. Can you imagine? I can't. And I don't want an America where corporations get an easy path. The fact that you think that jobs emanate from corporations makes it seem like we are receiving gifts from them and that only plays into the idea that they are our overseers and protectors. They are enslavers. They have no morals.

I agree. Our economy would be the same now if McCain had won. The President isn't at the helm, he is a puppet..
So who is supposed to provide for those with attitude about having a job?

You have millions of people coming over the borders very happy to have the jobs that are offered, and they are not hurting at all, they have MORE money left over after expenses to send back to their countries. Remittances to both Mexico and India are higher than ever in 2011.

How long can millions of lazy Americans expect to live a life of free government handouts while millions of foreigners move in and harvest the good money? It's not sustainable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies