Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 12:46 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He's not doing that. He simply stated his opinion.

On the other hand, in the cities where I've lived, I'm pretty sure that a City Council does have the ability to decide which businesses are allowed and which are not. For example, many cities have made it difficult or impossible for adult video and novelty stores to open or stay in business.
Not true. Rahm said "“Chick-fil-A’s values are not Chicago values. They’re not respectful of our residents, our neighbors and our family members. And if you’re gonna be part of the Chicago community, you should reflect Chicago values,” Emanuel said Wednesday according to the Sun-Times. "

Emanuel goes after Chick-fil-A for boss

Old 07-27-2012, 12:50 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Let's be mindful of the fact that everyone has the right to his or her opinion. I see the boycotting of Chick Fil A as a bullying tactic by the gays to silence people who aren't in agreement with the gay lifestyle or think that gay marriage is wrong. Let's face it, everyone is not going to agree on every issue, and that's what makes the USA great because we aren't killing each other about it yet.

When people like Chicago's mayor say that Chick fill a shouldn't open a business in his town, which can provide jobs, just because the CEO's OPINION about gay marriage isn't PC, that is wrong. Gays don't have to go to the restaurant if they don't agree with the CEO's opinion on gay marriage. But that doesn't mean that gays can stop that chain from operating businesses or opening up new businesses across this country for people who like their food or worse boycott the restaurant based on the CEO's opinion. It's unamerican.

Now if Chick Fil A discriminates against gays by not hiring them, not treating them the same as other customers, then I would agree with boycotting the restaurant in that case. Here are some questions to ponder and think about. Should democrats boycott all businesses that support republicans causes? Should women boycott businesses that support anti-abortion causes? Should blacks boycott business that have ties to the klu klux klan? Should non-smokers boycott businesses for supporting tabacco companies?

I see how the gay's agenda is clear, if you own a business, support anti-gay causes, some how that means that they business owner is racist or a bigot, and he shouldn't be in business anymore or be boycotted for having a different opinion. WOW!!!!!!! That's crazy to me. But again, this is my opinion too.

Chick-Fil-A is against me as a person. That's what opposition to gay marriage really is - let's not mince words. You are a BIGOT.

Chick-Fil-A can go to hell.

It's about time gays act like bullies - we're bullied all the ****ing time.

Anybody who eats at Chick-Fil-A who knows about all of this stuff (and I've known for years - I'm not sure why it's news now) is a bigot too. Ít's NOT a freedom of speech issue. If you give money to Chick-Fil-A, you are indirectly giving money to campaigns that actively work against my rights.

In short, you can take your gay marriage "support" and shove it. We don't need "friends" like you.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:51 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
I don't have an issue with gays protesting Chick-Fil-A. I do have an issue with those that label all the people who still eat at Chick-Fil-A as anti-gay. I support gay marriage but I will not stop eating at Chick-Fil-A.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:52 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Let's be mindful of the fact that everyone has the right to his or her opinion. I see the boycotting of Chick Fil A as a bullying tactic by the gays to silence people who aren't in agreement with the gay lifestyle or think that gay marriage is wrong. Let's face it, everyone is not going to agree on every issue, and that's what makes the USA great because we aren't killing each other about it yet.

When people like Chicago's mayor say that Chick fill a shouldn't open a business in his town, which can provide jobs, just because the CEO's OPINION about gay marriage isn't PC, that is wrong. Gays don't have to go to the restaurant if they don't agree with the CEO's opinion on gay marriage. But that doesn't mean that gays can stop that chain from operating businesses or opening up new businesses across this country for people who like their food or worse boycott the restaurant based on the CEO's opinion. It's unamerican.

Now if Chick Fil A discriminates against gays by not hiring them, not treating them the same as other customers, then I would agree with boycotting the restaurant in that case. Here are some questions to ponder and think about. Should democrats boycott all businesses that support republicans causes? Should women boycott businesses that support anti-abortion causes? Should blacks boycott business that have ties to the klu klux klan? Should non-smokers boycott businesses for supporting tabacco companies?

I see how the gay's agenda is clear, if you own a business, support anti-gay causes, some how that means that they business owner is racist or a bigot, and he shouldn't be in business anymore or be boycotted for having a different opinion. WOW!!!!!!! That's crazy to me. But again, this is my opinion too.
They have learned well from Jesse and the gang.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:54 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Chick-Fil-A is against me as a person. That's what opposition to gay marriage really is - let's not mince words. You are a BIGOT.

Anybody who eats at Chick-Fil-A who knows about all of this stuff (and I've known for years - I'm not sure why it's news now) is a bigot too. Ít's NOT a freedom of speech issue. If you give money to Chick-Fil-A, you are indirectly giving money to campaigns that actively work against my rights.

In short, you can take your gay marriage "support" and shove it. We don't need "friends" like you.
No, I give my money to them because I am hungry and I enjoy their food so actually, you, can shove it.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:03 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post

I ate there there last night, man that was some good chicken. I guess I am a bigot. Lots of other people support CFA too, I have never seen it as crowded.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:06 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,603 times
Head of pr just died, it's on business week.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:07 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Chik-fil-A absolutely has the right to use their money for anything that fits their whim. And I have the right not to give them my money. It's freedom and capitalism at its best, kids. Get over it.

I hope I didn't bully the CEO and hurt his feelings with this post.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:08 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Not true. Rahm said "“Chick-fil-A’s values are not Chicago values. They’re not respectful of our residents, our neighbors and our family members. And if you’re gonna be part of the Chicago community, you should reflect Chicago values,” Emanuel said Wednesday according to the Sun-Times. "
And that's an opinion. And if he has the ability to stop Chick-Fil-A from opening a store there, so be it. There's nothing in the Constitution that says a city has to allow any business to open.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:10 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Head of pr just died, it's on business week.
Chick-fil-A public relations leader Don Perry dies suddenly *| ajc.com

Was it the stress from the same-sex marriage issue, or was it their food that did him in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies