Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 08:19 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times

Advertisements

If there was Chik-fil-a here in Germany I'd sure give them business.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:19 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Lol, maybe you can open a franchise.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:21 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
So you would give your money to a business because they make anti-gay statements???

Seems kinda stupid if you ask me. I wouldn't give a business money for making any political statements. If I like your product I'll buy it, if not I won't. This is my money and I'm spending it wisely.

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Mac tell me about it. These people aren't Christian. Neither are racists of either color.

I've heard a rumor that gays might have a flash mob customer kiss a thon right there in their dining rooms just to see homophobes throw tantrums on the floor.

I'm also wondering how many people will attend appreciation day by placing large bogus orders in the drive thru and drive off.

This could get ugly. I'll make popped corn.
The whole thing in my view is just stupid. Has anyone stopped to think about the rediculousness of it all? I mean, we've reached the point in this country where a slab of chicken meat between two buns has become a political and religious flashpoint. But then, I also think boycotts are stupid in general. The nearest Chick Fil-A is 40 miles away from me, which is too far, but it's tempting to show up just to laugh at both sides in the latest media kerfuffle.

Only in America...

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I've never said ssm shouldn't be allowed. You probably assume I oppose ssm because I think some of the arguments for it are feeble and some against it are, to use your word, 'justifiable.' Recognizing the 'validity' of why someone might oppose ssm is a big nono among most supporters.
You are not opposed to allowing gays to marry? Good enough for me, then.

Quote:
Because it is a sin. Because it is wrong.
So you want to blame "God" or some unverifiable/false claim about homosexuality for this view? Because the bible doesn't say you shouldn't allow gays to get married (In fact, considering the whole "free will" concept, he seems to be about letting "sinners" go ahead and "sin" more than anything else). He only says it's wrong. But if you would blame it on him, where is your opposition to giving all the other "sinners" the same rights as you enjoy? Personal prejudice revealed.

And what better standard for morality than consideration of whether something is harmful or risky as compared to its benefit/neutrality?

Here is evidence that might suggest gays are just as good (better, actually) at making a marriage work than heterosexuals:

Study: Same Sex Couples Have Lower Divorce Rates Than The Straights
FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: Divorce Rates Higher in States with Gay Marriage Bans

Here is evidence that being raised by gay parents is not harmful to children in any way:

APA Policy Statement: Sexual Orientation, Parents, & Children
Studies of same-sex parenting

And here is evidence that children of same-sex couples may even fare better, generally speaking:

A child's life in a "gay" household

Old 08-01-2012, 08:23 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Mac tell me about it. These people aren't Christian. Neither are racists of either color.

I've heard a rumor that gays might have a flash mob customer kiss a thon right there in their dining rooms just to see homophobes throw tantrums on the floor.

I'm also wondering how many people will attend appreciation day by placing large bogus orders in the drive thru and drive off.

This could get ugly. I'll make popped corn.
I wonder how many don't even know or care about any of this nonsense and just want to get some lunch? I'm betting most.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:26 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
So you would give your money to a business because they make anti-gay statements???
I support people who take a moral stand against immoral behavior. Homosexual behavior is a sin.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:30 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
I support people who take a moral stand against immoral behavior. Homosexual behavior is a sin.
So is no fault divorce, according to the church and scripture. Yet you don't see Christians up in arms about that, or trying to pass laws against it. Why, I wonder?

Old 08-01-2012, 08:33 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
The Lord forgives you for your sins. All you gotta do is go to confession. Betwix you and your priest. Why is that so hard to understand for the God haters?

Old 08-01-2012, 08:34 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
I financially support my family and no one else. I'm like that, old skool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies