Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 09:25 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Everyone needs to exercise. You may think you don't, and maybe that's why you don', but you really should.

I exercise at least 4 times a week and I need to do it more often, I've been slacking off. Spending way to much time on the internets arguing with trolls over stupid things.
Wow we agree on something.........

Old 08-01-2012, 09:28 AM

270 posts, read 522,450 times
You need to familiarize yourself with the law. The law does not state that a CEO cannot have beliefs. In fact, an employer has the right to fire anyone at will, without reason. A place of service also has the right to refuse service at will.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:36 AM

567 posts, read 1,012,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Everyone needs to exercise. You may think you don't, and maybe that's why you don', but you really should.

I exercise at least 4 times a week and I need to do it more often, I've been slacking off. Spending way to much time on the internets arguing with trolls over stupid things.
Eating fast food once a week isn't going to kill you. Of course everyone should excercise but to say someone needs to exercise right after eating fried chicken is ludicrous.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:39 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
You need to familiarize yourself with the law.
Methinks you haven't actually read anything posted here.

Quote:
The law does not state that a CEO cannot have beliefs.
Suspicion confirmed.

Nobody is stating that the CEO cannot have his beliefs. In fact, if you actually read a little, you'd find that the problem is that profits (aka, the customers' money) is being used to make donations to groups that actively work against homosexuals.

Nobody is saying that he can't do this. He's perfectly fine to use profits as he wishes.

All people are saying is that they don't want their money, even if just a penny, going to these organizations.

Quote:
In fact, an employer has the right to fire anyone at will, without reason.
Funny how you claim that others need to familiarize themselves with the law and you go and state this.

It's only in At-Will states that this is true. I live in one and this is indeed the case. An employer has the right to fire anyone at will, without reason.

They can't, however, fire somebody for discriminatory purposes; i.e.: "I'm firing you because you're black".

Quote:
A place of service also has the right to refuse service at will.
Correct.

However, if the business says something like "We don't serve black people", that's against the law. And in certain states, the same is true for sexual orientation - where you cannot discriminate based upon it. Such is being discussed in in this thread.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:42 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
You need to familiarize yourself with the law. The law does not state that a CEO cannot have beliefs. In fact, an employer has the right to fire anyone at will, without reason. A place of service also has the right to refuse service at will.
No sad he can't have his beliefs, but most states have laws against discrimination for businesses open to the public. No one is saying CFA is refusing service to anyone anyways.

The whole point is he is using company money to donate to organizations that actively lobby to deny equal rights for homosexuals.

He can do or say what he wants, I don't care.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:43 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
I went to a Chic-Fil-A last week and they were PACKED! The drive thru line was very long and they had a guy taking orders outside with a hand-held device. I walked inside and it was full. I wondered if I would find a table...I finally did...

I saw something (maybe you can enlighten me) that I do not see at other fast food restaurants.... The employees were walking the floor, asking everyone how their lunch was and offering to remove your tray from your table.

I saw no evidence of a Boycot here....

Old 08-01-2012, 09:45 AM

802 posts, read 1,320,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I saw something (maybe you can enlighten me) that I do not see at other fast food restaurants.... The employees were walking the floor, asking everyone how their lunch was and offering to remove your tray from your table.

The Chick Fil A does that here too. They even hand out those individual packets of handwipes.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:45 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie1125 View Post
The Chick Fil A does that here too. They even hand out those individual packets of handwipes.
Debbie, that's pretty cool...It's good customer service

Old 08-01-2012, 09:49 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
The drive thru line was very long and they had a guy taking orders outside with a hand-held device.
The ones near me have always done this during long rushes.

Quote:
Fazoli's does this, most local places (like Pollard's) do this, there's even a few McD's nearby that also do this (which I find more shocking).

Nobody said that CFA was a bad place to eat or how horrible the conditions were.

The problem (yet again) is that profits are being used as donation money to organizations like FRC and Exodus.

Quote:
That's because most people don't care either way.

The boycott is not a mass call to stop people from eating there. It's a personal decision that each person makes for themselves.

I won't eat there, but I'm not going to **** on somebody's wheaties if they happen to go.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:55 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HS_DUDE View Post
I support CFA because I like their sandwiches. I don't care what the president of the company says or does, I go for chicken. Nothing more, nothing less. I happen to disagree with the Cathy's views on homosexuality, but I like the spicy chicken sandwich. So in the end I go to the restaurant for *gasp* the food.

It's amazing how people can get behind these companies and boycott and or support them, yet we are losing jobs everyday overseas. I guess as long as the gays aren't doing each other in their own houses, who cares that all of our jobs are shipped overseas. Damn those gays.

But hey, maybe the gays will do like every other "born again" Christian. "Find Jesus" then proceed to the nearest pulpit and/or soapbox and tell everyone else how wrong they are.

This issue with CFA has never been about Freedom of Speech.

I've known about what CFA & Cathy do in donating money to bigoted, discriminatory organizations who purposely target homosexuals to be discriminated against.....through law and policy; for at least two years.

And that is the issue at hand.

But CFA and Cathy WANT Americans/"Christians" to believe it's all about 'Freedom of Speech". They know a large majority of Americans and 'Christians" are gullible, ignorant and and always ready to hop on board with some fascist, hateful agenda; if it's framed as being "Biblically Correct". Cathy is no idiot. He knows exactly what he's doing and has known for a long time. These people who are hopping on-board with CFA and Cathy, are nothing more than your typical poorly educated, sadly ignorant, disgracefully hateful trash.

The propaganda to try and sell this issue as a question of "Freedom Of Speech" is so pathetically transparent and obvious. But only the ignorant sockpuppets are taking the bait and swallowing the hook. Anyone who truely steps back, researches this issue, checks the history of this issue with CFA and uses their brain (if they have a brain, to begin with); immediately realizes that what CFA has been doing for a long time now, is dispicable, fascist and without a doubt....UnAmerican. Cathy (and CFA) are pissing on The Constitution and betraying everything America was founded on and stands for.

Homosexuals are their clear target, now. But guess what? CFA also has some "interesting" views and policies for women. And women with children. That's right, quietly, CFA plays their little 'Biblically Correct" game with women, too. Because you know, the bible says females need to be subservient to males/to their husbands. No doubt Cathy and CFA have no interest in speaking out so boldly about that, right now.

And as always with these self-righteous weasels, one thing always leads to another. First it's homosexuals and women. Then, maybe it will be guys with long hair. Then, women who have tatoos (even if it's just one small tatoo) Or maybe fat people will be next. And then ......they'll find another target group who doesn't meet the 'Biblically Correct" requirements of the self-righteous, fascist bigots.

You, I couldn't care less what Cathy says. His opinions are his own and he has every right to them.

But it is WHAT PEOPLE DO that truely matters and that is what needs to be evaluated. And what Cathy and CFA have been doing for such a long time, it disgraceful and treasonous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies