Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 06:50 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Why is it that other people have to do their part? The question is why aren't black men as a culture doing their part.
She won't have an answer for that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 06:51 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Why is it that other people have to do their part? The question is why aren't black men as a culture doing their part.
Hmmmm...your solution is for black women to marry white men. Are you a white man? If so, you have a definite part to play. Or are you ready to admit that your remedy was pure silliness.

BTW, there is no "black men" culture. Black men can be either responsible or irresponsible...just like all other races.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:52 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I get it: Black men are headed down a destructive path, so it's necessary for black women to date outside of their race if they want to prosper. Isn't this your point? If so, again....are you doing your part?
Completely over your head. Sorry, I have no more time to educate you.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:53 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Hatred of white people...rapping about violence towards whites....rapping about violence & disrespect of women. That is mainly what rap is about...and it's praised as an artform...even by young whites.

Many of the black artists of today are nothing more than gutter rats who somehow got discovered and are now able to preach their brand of violence to the masses. And in order to make a big buck, record companies and radio stations blast it out.

Disgusting that it isn't recognized for what it truly is.
I coldn't agree more... the rap and r&b music is a disgrace and a bad joke.

To think that Motown, Aretha Franklen, Luther Vandross, Tina Turner, The Jacksons (Micheal in particular) Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles and many others who were IMMENSELY talented musicians have been replaced by the current garbage

Another example of how backwards America has become culturally and a black eye for African Americans

Old 12-18-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm not in a STEM field but have an advanced degree in a field (Finance) that also has a dearth of Blacks.

It really isn't about me did you actually watch the video?
So, not doing your part. Still gotcha. Thanks.

I'm well familiar with the "black men are headed down a destructive path" spiel. Would be great if the folks who found this to be a problem were actually doing something to help change things.

You're a black man (?). What are you doing? Any mentoring/Big Brother/etc type stuff to help steer these black boys down the right path?

Old 12-18-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Completely over your head. Sorry, I have no more time to educate you.
If you had time to post this, you had time to "educate". Your assumption that I'm unfamiliar with this subject is laughable. But I can understand your avoidance on elaborating.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Hatred of white people...rapping about violence towards whites....rapping about violence & disrespect of women. That is mainly what rap is about...and it's praised as an artform...even by young whites.

Many of the black artists of today are nothing more than gutter rats who somehow got discovered and are now able to preach their brand of violence to the masses. And in order to make a big buck, record companies and radio stations blast it out.

Disgusting that it isn't recognized for what it truly is.
Which rapper raps about violence towards whites? Give me about 5 or 6 names.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:03 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
If you had time to post this, you had time to "educate". Your assumption that I'm unfamiliar with this subject is laughable. But I can understand your avoidance on elaborating.
All the answers to your deep burning internal questions can be found here:

The Black Man: The Greatest Problem in America Today - YouTube

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
How is is a 30% illegitimacy rate (Whites) equivalent to a 70% (Blacks) illegitimacy rate?
Well, for one, it's about 5 percent higher than the black rate was when the black community was first warned that a serious problem was afoot.

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
Neil deGrasse Tyson doesn't count?

Being a nerd or goth white kid also isn't a cakewalk.
Being a goth white kid or a nerd isn't a cakewalk. I can concur with that. Tat said, being Black and being a nerd can be really bad for some people. I speak from personal experience.

Some kids have literally said "you're Black but you don't talk like it" as if to say there is a certain way I should talk. One girl walked up to me and asked "why are you reading a book" as if to say "you shouldn't read books, no one else is". I could tell just in the manner that she said this and other questions she asked. I have been made fun of for "not being Black enough" and it wasn't only Black kids. Some White kids did this too. One thing I found was that if you were "nerdy", dressed nice with the shirt and tie and you were Black, I found that sometimes the "Carlton" comments were made.

I would say being Black and "nerdy" or being "articulate" and not fitting the stereotype has mixed results. Being nerdy isn't looked at in such friendly ways, but when White males or Asian males behave "nerdy", it's expected of them. When Black kids are "nerdy", it is considered "strange" and therefore, not understood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies