Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 02:20 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Only for the senator as she showed her hypocricy.
Exactly. I love that right wingers championing the cause of DOMA are so often found to cheat on their own spouses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 02:23 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Strange logic. I would think 90% of the public are not pedophiles yet it sounds like Sandusky overcame the odds. I would guess that pedophilia is a pretty specific orientation but I'm definitely no expert.
Well, pedophilia is a paraphilia, not a sexual orientation. But yes, were you to meet Sandusky for the first time, it is unlikely you would presume he's a pedophile based on statistics alone.

However, since we know he is one, and what we know about pedophiles who have an adult sexual orientation, odds are he is straight if he has an adult orientation.

Which is what my post a few posts back indicated, is that gays are very unlikely to be pedophiles due to the nature of their attractions. The very thing that makes someone gay makes them very unlikely to be attracted to children.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Exactly. I love that right wingers championing the cause of DOMA are so often found to cheat on their own spouses.
50% divorce rates, staggering adultery rates (I've heard as high as 70%), 72 day weddings, 52 hour weddings, etc. etc, and 2 men who have been in love and together without ever cheating for decades destroy the sanctity of marriage?

Could anything be more illogical than the sanctity of marriage argument against gays?

Old 12-27-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
50% divorce rates, staggering adultery rates (I've heard as high as 70%), 72 day weddings, 52 hour weddings, etc. etc, and 2 men who have been in love and together without ever cheating for decades destroy the sanctity of marriage?

Could anything be more illogical than the sanctity of marriage argument against gays?
No. It's absolutely illogical. Which is why the letter to the Senator was so entertaining.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:23 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
She was a cosponsor of a proposed amendment to "protect traditional marriage". Guess her tradition includes banging staffers without her husband's knowledge or consent.

Gay community apologizes to Amy Koch for ruining her marriage - Minneapolis News - The Blotter
Well done.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:34 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,341,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Will the Gay Community apologize to the world for Jerry Sandusky? We'd sure appreciate it. Afterall, one of your own not only likes males, he likes young males. And he set up a foundation to perpetuate his abominable actions.

Thanks in advance.
Dumb post. Read and learn. Thanks in advance...
Quote:
To call child molestation of a boy by a man "homosexual" or of a girl by a man "heterosexual" is to misunderstand pedophilia. No true pedophile is attracted to adults, so neither homosexuality nor heterosexuality applies. Accordingly, Herek suggests calling men's sexual abuse of boys "male-male molestation" and men's abuse of girls, "male-female molestation." Homosexuality and Pedophilia: The False Link | Psychology Today

Old 12-27-2011, 03:41 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Heterosexual pedophiles are on the same level as gay pedophiles...will you apologize for them?
They aren't heterosexual pedophiles if they are male and love male children - THEY ARE GAYS WHO LUST AFTER FRESH MEAT!

Jesus, you people make the stretch that homosexuals are on the same level as women and minorities, yet you blatantly separate yourselves from pedophilia out of convenience. What a load.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
They aren't heterosexual pedophiles if they are male and love male children - THEY ARE GAYS WHO LUST AFTER FRESH MEAT!
Did you just completely ignore the posts completely proving this wrong? Most pedophiles do not have an adult attraction. Homosexuality is an exclusively ADULT attraction. If they are regressed pedophiles that ALSO have an adult orientation, they are usually straight.

The very thing that makes men gay makes them not attracted to children!! Boys and Girls at that age are fairly similar in body composition. Pedophiles are attracted to the feminine, soft, hairless qualities of children.

Gay men, are attracted to masculinity, which children do no possess. If gay men were attracted to feminine and hairless qualities, they would be straight!

You are the perfect example of why our education system is a failure.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
So they gloat over and celebrate her divorce......To me that says more about them than her.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So they gloat over and celebrate her divorce......To me that says more about them than her.
Hardly. They are saying, why are you so determined to prevent us from marrying when your own marriages are filled with infidelity? This senator actively worked against gays getting married but was cheating on her husband with a coworker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies