Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 05:52 AM

812 posts, read 595,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
You get off on having your little golden badge of pseudo importance on your smurf outfit don't you? You are the stereotypical tub stacker. "Respect ma authoritay!" you say. Or else! This is why TSA is so hated by the population. They are bullies and thugs who just jump at the chance to 'put people in their place and remind them who is really the boss'. And what's more, in an attempt to defend TSA, you hurt your own cause by acting exactly in the fashion that cause people to abhor TSA in the first place. You're your own worst enemy.

Very well said. This stereotypical immature employee has been building the case against himself as he goes. He is precisely representative of the immature, ogre, self important employee that TSA employs. Wake up Amerika'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 06:55 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I am having difficulty believing just how effective the DHS/TSA fear campaign has been. Fear is the most effective way of stopping all critical thought. It seems to be working. If I ever have to fly somewhere I will show up in a bathrobe, jock strap and sandals. That should make their search easier.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:34 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
by buying a ticket, you do not give up alot of your rights. the federal courts have already ruled in the civil rights era that travel cant be impeded.

also sexual assault is a crime, and tsa SS thugs shoould be arrested and prosecuted for crimes against american citizens.
I'd say brownshirt. All you had to do that was be a bully. The SS were carefully selected and preened.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
The TSA is just security theater. None of it makes us any safer. There are only three things that have been done since 9/11 to make us safer:

1 Ensure that checked bags can not be put on a plane without the corresponding passenger being on board.
2 Secure cabin doors
3 Make passengers aware that they need ot fight hijackers rather than sitting by passively.

All else is useless theater designed to make the ignorant voting public feel safer. The TSA should be disbanded.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am having difficulty believing just how effective the DHS/TSA fear campaign has been. Fear is the most effective way of stopping all critical thought. It seems to be working. If I ever have to fly somewhere I will show up in a bathrobe, jock strap and sandals. That should make their search easier.
One woman did. Robe, pasties and exotic dancer gear. They were going to arrest her for indecent exposure. This was around Christmans year before last.

She had clothes and changed and wasn't but missed her flight. The idea is to show how they control so if blocked one way they have to find another.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:40 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
1 Ensure that checked bags can not be put on a plane without the corresponding passenger being on board.
This policy is actually no longer in effect now that they theoretically screen all checked bags.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
This policy is actually no longer in effect now that they theoretically screen all checked bags.
Too much lost in lost luggage resales?

If you and your bag must leave on the same plane its much more likely you and your bag will be reunited at the end.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I think air line safety could be actually be assured if passengers were able to carry their personal weapons, including guns, onboard. If a passenger did not have a gun one should be supplied, I suggest a .410 ga. Derringer, at the boarding gate. This will not stop a (competent) bomb carrying suicide but would likely prevent a repeat of 9/11.

The way to fight terrorism is not to cower in fear but let the bas***ds know that they will be killed before they can accomplish their act of destruction. If you become too terrified to trust each other the terrorists have won. The very existence of the TSA proves that they have, indeed, won the War for Terror. The TSA did it for them.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think air line safety could be actually be assured if passengers were able to carry their personal weapons, including guns, onboard. If a passenger did not have a gun one should be supplied, I suggest a .410 ga. Derringer, at the boarding gate. This will not stop a (competent) bomb carrying suicide but would likely prevent a repeat of 9/11.

The way to fight terrorism is not to cower in fear but let the bas***ds know that they will be killed before they can accomplish their act of destruction. If you become too terrified to trust each other the terrorists have won. The very existence of the TSA proves that they have, indeed, won the War for Terror. The TSA did it for them.
I wouldn't have a problem with passangers with guns but don't give me one. Not since I think they are evil but since I don't know how to fire one. But its very telling that ALL the incidents since 9-11 have been ended by passangers. One of them was moved away from them after being subdued lest they dispatch him.

People do watch and notice now and are willing to react. The passangers on Flight 93 were heros who continue to inspire.

I've long been saying that the terrorists won when we see all the sheep marching through the checkpoints without a whimper. But even most of them know its all just theater.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:25 PM

19 posts, read 9,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I wouldn't have a problem with passangers with guns but don't give me one. Not since I think they are evil but since I don't know how to fire one. But its very telling that ALL the incidents since 9-11 have been ended by passangers. One of them was moved away from them after being subdued lest they dispatch him.

People do watch and notice now and are willing to react. The passangers on Flight 93 were heros who continue to inspire.

I've long been saying that the terrorists won when we see all the sheep marching through the checkpoints without a whimper. But even most of them know its all just theater.
Stop questioning and follow the rules. You don't know what's good for you. The Federal Government has done a good job of keeping you safe for the past 10 years. Be grateful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies