Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you feel it is correct to teach children that homosexuality is normal and natural?
Yes 292 50.34%
No 256 44.14%
I am unsure 32 5.52%
Voters: 580. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 05:37 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,440,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
]Ahh, and you are one of the ones spoken of thousands of years ago, that at the end of the age, NOT of the world, of course! that "good will be called evil, and evil called good.

The biggest farce is that people like you think you are "righteous," or "good people."

You are not. use your holy book to kill, maim, oppress, and restrict others. You come from a long line of others that do the same. It is truly evil what has been done and justified in the name of God and the interpretation du jour of the Bible. Jesus ought to be embarrassed.

In this day in age, because it is no longer fashionable to convert by sword, you are seeing people reject your religion and call BS. Sad, because Jesus, on his face, had a good message. It's people like you, who claim to be his messenger, that turn so many off from the religion.

Stick that in your offering plate and smoke it, sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee
You call WHAT an abomination? the truth....they do physically what should be giving them all the biggest, most raging urinary tract infections that any antibiotic ever attempted to cure, but instead they got AIDS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee
[/color]
Like I said. Evil, disgusting human beings, masquerading as righteous lambs of God. PRRRAAAAISE the LAWD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 05:40 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,440,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain

Read it and weep. (Or jump for joy if you are wont to stare at yourself in the mirror 24/7 and seek out a mirror image spouse...)

I honestly do not care, just making sure you're checking your sources, since you failed so miserably last time you went around playing forum psychologist.

BTW: Homosexuality as narcissism? Maybe you can get someone down at BJU to underwrite a grant so you can explore that theory some more. I'm sure your credentials and authority to speak on the subject would be accepted there. Go for it!

Old 12-31-2011, 05:45 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,643,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I honestly do not care,
No problem. Seeing as you state that you are living "in limbo" in Flamingo Park, that's understandable.

Happy New Year!

Old 12-31-2011, 06:00 PM

3,737 posts, read 5,789,218 times
Well, Homosexuality (be it a behavior or a 'state of being') IS natural and normal! And it CAN BE healthy and fun! Sex is a very valuable human bonding behavior, and it can do great things for a person. And just because I've only done it with one person, who is the opposite gender from me, and only have fantasies about the gender opposite mine, does not mean I think my way is the only way.

Not every girl is lucky enough to catch (and keep) a guy who matures into a total Stud Bull, and a life partner who can make and keep money. Life seems to overwhelm most women with money problems, which turn into weight problems, which preclude (for many gals) a second chance at finding a second viable male (if the first one has to go). So, there they are, past their prime, flat broke, lonely.... how nice if they can find a Gal Pal, to pay half the bills, give them lots of love, and help raise the kids. Personally, I think women's bodies are icky. A Gal Pal would not be an option for me. But most women are capable of attraction to females.

And most men are capable of attraction to other men. There are so many guys out there, also broke, paying child support, alone and bitter...guys who have had it with the manipulative and controlling behavior of women they have known...guys who need somebody. A few of them, in middle age, do switch teams and settle down with other men. They're finally happy. A lot more of them could do so, if society didn't stigmatize them.

And plenty of young people start out having homosexual sex. Then, when their status in life changes, they switch teams, and settle into heterosexual roles. That's been going on since the time of the Ancient Greeks...and probably has been going on for as long as there have been Humans.

Then, there are people who, for whatever reason (and I'm absolutely sure there are many reasons), simply cannot ever be happy in sexual (or romantic, or marriage) relationships with members of the gender opposite theirs. And there are those who are absolutely incapable of sexual or romantic relationships with members of their own gender.

All these things are normal, and they can be good, if we teach our children that they can be.

Love, sex, and partnership are such wonderful things. I'm for teaching kids that what counts in sex and relationships is being kind, and fair and supportive of your partner(s). That the interaction between people is healthy and beneficial for all involved is far more important than what kind of naughty parts people have.

Personally, I think that schools have no business being in the Social Engineering Business. But if they are going to touch the subject of sexuality, they need to validate healthy homosexual and bisexual sexual expression.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:07 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,534,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The biggest farce is that people like you think you are "righteous," or "good people."

You are not. use your holy book to kill, maim, oppress, and restrict others. You come from a long line of others that do the same. It is truly evil what has been done and justified in the name of God and the interpretation du jour of the Bible. Jesus ought to be embarrassed.

In this day in age, because it is no longer fashionable to convert by sword, you are seeing people reject your religion and call BS. Sad, because Jesus, on his face, had a good message. It's people like you, who claim to be his messenger, that turn so many off from the religion.

Stick that in your offering plate and smoke it, sister.

Like I said. Evil, disgusting human beings, masquerading as righteous lambs of God. PRRRAAAAISE the LAWD!

I luv it when folks like you overreact, speak nonsense and miss your target as you make nutters of yourselves!

What offering plate? we don't have one in our home or on our premises and we do not attend any church. As for smoking, hubby quit years ago and I haven't touched the bong in over 30yrs. You?

I don't "think" I am anything in particular, but I know, with absolute confidence that I am, though not yet "born again" at least "conceived" and do belong to the God and savior, Jesus that I respectfully fear.

I have never maimed, killed, hurt or "restricted" anyone in my life.

What and who I am is someone that is foreign to you. I'm not some fake bible thumper or pew-warmer. You can't quite "get it" where I am concerned. I'm not spineless and gutless like way, too many citizens in this country and I can't be intimidated to shut-up, sit down, move out of the way and let the nutters takeover without me daring to speak truth, as it is.

You?

Old 12-31-2011, 06:15 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,055,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
move out of the way and let the nutters takeover without me daring to speak truth, as it is.

I try not to see people that I disagree with as nutters and respect their way of life as long as it's not harming anyone.

Which is all homosexuals are asking for.

Their way of life harms no one.

Them getting married harms no one.

Teaching kids this harms no one.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:19 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,276,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
I'm sure it's not. I doubt interracial marriage was seen as a fad.

Girls kissing girls and calling themselves lesbians, then saying they are no longer lesbians cuz they met a guy. Is a fad.

Katy Perry sold her soul to Satan, and that song about girls experimenting gave her what she wanted.
A bunch of confused girls buying her image.
I do see this among girls. Its a fad to be a lesbian or bisexual. Not so much among the guys as there still is very much a homophobia among straight men. I see "acting gay" as a form of mockery of gays seems to be a fad among straight guys. Look at any guy's facebook page and you'll probably see pictures of this type of behavior. Makes me wonder why young straight guys care so much about gays to constantly be mocking them like they do.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:22 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,371,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Yet for some reason, said orifice contains a part that magically makes a man orgasm when massaged correctly.

Interesting.
Nothing magical about it if you knew what it's for and how it works but we wont get into that again It has nothing to do with sticking a penis in your rear.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:24 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,618,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
I'm sure it's not. I doubt interracial marriage was seen as a fad.

Girls kissing girls and calling themselves lesbians, then saying they are no longer lesbians cuz they met a guy. Is a fad.

Katy Perry sold her soul to Satan, and that song about girls experimenting gave her what she wanted.
A bunch of confused girls buying her image.
Acting like you are gay may be a fad, but homosexuality has been around for ages. That's why it's arguably mentioned in the bible and other historical books.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:25 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,371,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Still not seeing how something that occurs in nature is unnatural.
Well lets see, in some species the male will kill and eat it's own litter if it can get to them, dogs eat cat poop and so on in nature and it is natural for them to do that but sorry it's not natual for you to do it, oh well blows that one out of the water huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies