Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 10:52 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times

Advertisements

Government may prohibit discrimination, but that delegation of authority cannot extend to the private people. But since most Americans surrendered that status, starting in 1935, the case is moot. The landowner is toast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 10:52 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,016,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
"a" democrat?

Democrats do not hold a monopoly on civil rights, nor do republicans hold a monopoly on racism. To think otherwise is just foolish.

What this woman did is disgusting, and she will pay for it, and rightly so. My post was to call out the the label of "right winger" and "teabagger" solely on the grounds of her racist actions.

Sadly, there are quite a few regular posters here who have shown through their posts that such labels are applicable when racism rears its ugly head. I can't say that I've seen anyone that I recognize as a liberal or moderate poster use a term like "mud people," but I've seen it used here. I have to disagree in terms of monopolies; there are exceptions to every rule, but going by party platforms it's very clear which party is most diligent in ensuring that Americans enjoy equality. How else can one explain the vast disparity in who minorities vote for most often?

Old 12-13-2011, 10:55 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Of course she is a Republican/ Teabagger. They teabaggers openly compare black people to monkeys and only a Teabagger would put up a "whites only" sign.
Then again I never understand why Teabaggers and Republicans get so upset when they are called out on their racism. Maybe if they weren't doing these kind of things, nobody would accuse them of been racist.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Now that is actually a reasoned, rational post. But you somewhat contradicted yourself, didn't you? Earlier you blamed Limbaugh for his parody which quoted a liberal LA Times columnist (BTW do you assign equal blame to the columnist?).

Now you say that the politics of it is irrelevant, with which I actually agree. Which is it?
Politics is irrelevant. I'd have to read the LA Times article to see the context in which the term was used before attempting to judge the intent. If it was used in a satirical or tongue-in-cheek manner, that's one thing. If the columnist used it in a critical way, it merits blame. However, Rush certainly used it in a derogatory way and we all know that his fan base is huge; using it regularly gave racists the idea that it's okay to hate others overtly again.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:05 PM

765 posts, read 2,129,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
She's 31 years old, in a highly Democratic area, where they even have a black Democratic mayor. Why do you guys think she'd be a Republican or even a tea partier?

Thats right.. because YOU hate..
Since when is Cincinnati a "highly Democratic area"? It's one of the most conservative big cities in the US.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:08 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,566,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyFromCleveland18 View Post
Since when is Cincinnati a "highly Democratic area"? It's one of the most conservative big cities in the US.
Sheesh, right wingers are not fond of facts.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:12 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
I can't believe this is 5 pages of a Republican/Democrat pissing contest. A landlord posted a "Whites Only" sign...I think THAT is worth discussing?? Can anyone actually make a case for that crrap?

Old 12-13-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Sheesh, right wingers are not fond of facts.
As a wise poster once wrote, "The truth has a liberal bias."

Old 12-13-2011, 11:20 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
I actually feel sorry for the landlady. That type of racism/bigotry is born out of a person who lacks power, prestige and position in their own lives. People like that can only empower themselves by stepping on the necks of others. I'm sure that she felt "superior" for a brief moment in time but now she must deal with the consequences of those actions.

Old 12-13-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I can't believe this is 5 pages of a Republican/Democrat pissing contest. A landlord posted a "Whites Only" sign...I think THAT is worth discussing?? Can anyone actually make a case for that crrap?
Amazing, isn't it? Myself, I feel so sorry for the little girl in question; no child should be humiliated in that way, singled out for being "other."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies