Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 09:54 PM

869 posts, read 1,495,350 times

Advertisements

Marriage at this point is nothing more than a written contract to which both parties benefit. Noone believes in sanctity anymore. Just the divorce rate alone proves that. And straight people suck at preserving marriage. Why not allow gay people to partake in a contract that is mutually beneficial. The religious argument doesnt apply because being married at the courthouse or in a secular ceremony completely rids marriage of the religious aspect. You no longer need a priest to perform and sign off on a marriage. A civil union isnt the same thing and I can think of no reason why gay couples shouldnt be afforded the same rights as their straight counterparts. They should get married and have babies if they want to just like everyone else. We know that there are a lot of children that need a home, and often being married is a requirement. If preventing gay marriage some way to prevent them from raising children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 09:59 PM

45,598 posts, read 27,223,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
So it has never happened in the past?
Is eating a tradition or is it just eating?

Is going to work a tradition or something that is normal?

Marriage is normal. It has always been - it will always be until the end of the age. It is beyond mere tradition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Prove that only straight marriage can be a building block.

Don't ask for negative proof, that's the sign of a nut and a crank.
Raise your hand if you have been born out of a homosexual union.

It can't be a building block if there is nothing to build from.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:32 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,972,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Raise your hand if you have been born out of a homosexual union.

It can't be a building block if there is nothing to build from.
So let's just ignore all of the children who would love to be adopted into a loving home. You make yourself look like a great person with that ideology .

Also, there is the possibility that half of the couple has their own biological kids.

AND THEN there is surrogacy.

There are lots of ways to make a family of it. My guess is you don't even know any gay people.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:37 PM

298 posts, read 390,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by az461 View Post
We Definitely need to keep the "Original Sanctity of Traditional Marriage" don't you agree.

Marriage should be for hetero-couple's only. Because it is tradition.

The License - YouTube!
I love that video!

Old 01-21-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyVaz1009 View Post
So let's just ignore all of the children who would love to be adopted into a loving home. You make yourself look like a great person with that ideology .

Also, there is the possibility that half of the couple has their own biological kids.

AND THEN there is surrogacy.

There are lots of ways to make a family of it. My guess is you don't even know any gay people.
Not talking about adoption. We're talking why gay marriage won't work.

And what I said is not ideology - it's fact. If not, show me the kid produced from two of the same kind.

Gay relationships must take the produce from someone else.

Marriage reproduces and survives on its own.

And just to be clear - all children would love to be brought up by their blood parents. Adoption is not the ideal scenario. But again, people don't act right - so this is brought forward is a solution.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:

And what I said is not ideology - it's fact. If not, show me the kid produced from two of the same kind.

Gay relationships must take the produce from someone else.

Marriage reproduces and survives on its own.

And just to be clear - all children would love to be brought up by their blood parents. Adoption is not the ideal scenario. But again, people don't act right - so this is brought forward is a solution.
Huh? So is adoption OK with you or not?

Old 01-21-2012, 10:52 PM

here's another good video:

Betty Bowers Explains Traditional Marriage to Everyone Else - YouTube

Old 01-21-2012, 11:01 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,505,023 times
Quote:
What is marriage? Define it for me.

Quote:
What does biological reproduction have to do with marriage? Are the two intrinsically linked?

[/quote]Gay relationships must take the produce from someone else.

Marriage reproduces and survives on its own.[/quote]

Couples don't have to be married to reproduce. Not even have to be monogamous. In fact, lots of women can be impregnated by a single man. Women can be impregnated by multiple men as well, conditions allowing.

Quote:
And just to be clear - all children would love to be brought up by their blood parents.
All children? really? I'm sure the twelve year old raped and beaten by his biological father absolutely loves his condition. I'm sure the four year old in the care of her crack-head mother wants to be there.

Quote:
Adoption is not the ideal scenario.
Why not?

Quote:
But again, people don't act right - so this is brought forward is a solution.
Right, homosexuality is a brain disorder, just like liberalism.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Huh? So is adoption OK with you or not?
Not ideal -- better than abortion.

Old 01-21-2012, 11:09 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,972,701 times
So you're saying there's no point in getting married if you don't want kids.

Well my aunt and uncle got married a long time ago, and they don't have kids because they didn't feel like having any.

THE HORROR
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies