Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 09:44 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Hey ding dongs supporting the TSA. If I as a terrorist want to use a plane in an attack I am going to rent a private one. No TSA screening utilized. I can go straight from my vehicle and right on to the plane without going through any security.

Most of you people are completely brain dead if you think another terrorist attack is come from an airplane.
That's not going to be as damaging of property and life as a commercial plane.

It's pretty simple if you know about homeland security. The homeland security community doesn't pretend to think that it can stop EVERYTHING. The idea is to stop obvious threats and provent what can be prevented.

It's always funny when people start throwing out "If-I-Were-A-Terrorist-I'd-Do-This ...." Well, the homeland security community does sit around and think about what people WOULD do and COULD do. They then take whatever realistic and feasible matters possible to do the best to prevent these threats.

A lot of you guys talk about how the "terrorists won," blah, blah and because "we all live in fear." No ... if we were truly living in a police state that was monitoring and acting on the justified paranoia, then we WOULD be checking every plane that goes in the air.

You should probably start thinking about who is really the brain dead one and be more open-minded in this discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 09:45 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,865,417 times
Well there is the problem that the TSA has never caught a terrorist....

Small point I guess.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Well there is the problem that the TSA has never caught a terrorist....

Small point I guess.
Who told you this and how do you know this? First of all, often, the counter-terrorism community won't reveal all findings of plots. Also, you don't know what goes on unless you are working in that environment. I can guarantee you that the public does not hear everything. So, you guys should understand that making that claim and having that assumption doesn't work.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,169,619 times
Yep. Seems like a lot of TSA employees are model citizens.

Christopher Elliott: Is This What The TSA Means By 'Zero Tolerance'?

Old 01-23-2012, 09:56 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,192,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
We would be detained also.
Freedom has a price.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:56 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,865,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Who told you this and how do you know this? First of all, often, the counter-terrorism community won't reveal all findings of plots. Also, you don't know what goes on unless you are working in that environment. I can guarantee you that the public does not hear everything. So, you guys should understand that making that claim and having that assumption doesn't work.
LOL...so the TSA have caught terrorists...as well as confiscating cupcakes,groping children,letting weapons and explosives get through security checkpoints...

They are quite busy.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:59 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiocracy1 View Post
Would you say the same thing if Maxine Waters was the one detained?
Yes I would. That nut shouldn't get any special consideration and neither should that nut Rand.

Quote:
No.

I am surprised you know so little on the topic but are posting.
LOL..It's not much to know. He set the alarm off, didn't want to get patted down and ended up getting his @ss scanned again. Why is this news? If you don't like the process don't fly. I don't like megabus so I don't ride megabus.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I can tell you from my work with TSA that each individual has a serious approach to their job and their understanding is that they are doing their job to prevent a terrorist attack and to prevent people from harming others on the plane.
I'm not attacking the individual worker bees in the TSA. They follow directives from the top or lose their job. Would I work for the TSA? No. But jobs are hard to find these days. The government that requires these workers to violate the Constitution as part of their daily job is at fault and that government (the perpe"traitors") must be removed from power.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I don't like megabus so I don't ride megabus.
Do you like the freedom to choose not to ride megabus? If so, you should take this issue seriously.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
LOL...so the TSA have caught terrorists...as well as confiscating cupcakes,groping children,letting weapons and explosives get through security checkpoints...

They are quite busy.
You're being UNREASONABLE. You are hiding from any possibility of what you don't want to accept. You guys (people such as yourself online and offline who spew factless things about TSA) love to point out all the things YOU don't understand and ignore all the known productive things that TSA is doing and ignore the fact that you DON'T have access to information that would prove you wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies