Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 08:30 AM

286 posts, read 209,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Spoken like a member of the majority...

If you call the Constitution small stuff.

This country may have been founded by Christians, but they wrote a little thing called the Constitution, which protects people's rights to have a religion, and NOT to have a religion. Everyone in this country is not a Christian.

BTW, "Under God" was not part of the original Pledge of Allegiance. (Google it)

Take your own advice and get a life and stop focusing on small stuff.
True, everyone is not a Christian, but everyone is benefitting from how this country is run, are they not? and arguabley, the country is run by Christian minded principled people. tbh.

If it was run by Satanists the country this place would be a sespool of of wild evil running wild in the streets.

the laws themselves are written in such ways that morality has to be respected. and Morality is a Christian principle.

Satanists like blood and death, which is immorality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 08:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb Is the country really one nation under God?

Of course it sin't.

But to the believers/control freaks, those empty words "under god" are so important.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:45 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
I guess we were "under god" while we were practicing slavery, butchering Indians and stealing their lands, telling women they don't have the right to vote, etc. but suddenly we tak one word out of the pledge and change school policy from vain repetition(bible says don't pray in vain repetition), to a policy of pray in private (the way Jesus says to pray) and the bible thumpers think that did something bad for the country.
Only in their warped minds is there an issue.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:10 AM

164 posts, read 186,577 times
There is a strong movement towards a secular society. Ultimately, it comes down to responsibility. Nobody wants to be held accountable for their actions on earth. Not believing in a judge is an easy way to convince yourself that there are no consequences, and you can be completely free from restraints.

As we delve further into a global secular society, members of socities who truly believe in atheist doctrine will eventually gain positions of power and fully utilize their belief structure, which incidently will involve genocide of people who have been reduced to being "worthless dust."

Old 02-01-2012, 09:12 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin View Post
Sounds like church run governance in England, which led many to flee the country.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:45 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
True, everyone is not a Christian, but everyone is benefitting from how this country is run, are they not? and arguabley, the country is run by Christian minded principled people. tbh.

If it was run by Satanists the country this place would be a sespool of of wild evil running wild in the streets.

the laws themselves are written in such ways that morality has to be respected. and Morality is a Christian principle.

Your post implies that there are only two views; Christian and Satanist. I'm thinking that Muslim, Hindu, Native American, Pagan, Wicca, and many other forms of religion disagree, and, by their existence, prove you wrong.

When I think of the government being run by Christian minded principled people, I think if Newt being censured by the House Ethics panel, President Nixon resigning in disgrace, Vice President Agnew resigning and pleading nolo contendere in court, and several other fine examples. Fine, upstanding Christians, those. This is a country of laws, not of Christian principles. Christ is not mentioned even once in any of the country's founding documents. Sorry, this country is undoubtedly secular.

Morality is a principle that humans develop to enable interacting as a society. Buddhists are moral. So is Shinto society. Native Americans have high moral standards for the members of their tribes. Morality has nothing to do with Christianity.

I'm curious how you know so much about Satanism. I've never seen evil running wild in the streets or blood and death that I could clearly attribute to Satan (or is that an anagram of Santa?).

Old 02-01-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Your post implies that there are only two views; Christian and Satanist. I'm thinking that Muslim, Hindu, Native American, Pagan, Wicca, and many other forms of religion disagree, and, by their existence, prove you wrong.

When I think of the government being run by Christian minded principled people, I think if Newt being censured by the House Ethics panel, President Nixon resigning in disgrace, Vice President Agnew resigning and pleading nolo contendere in court, and several other fine examples. Fine, upstanding Christians, those. This is a country of laws, not of Christian principles. Christ is not mentioned even once in any of the country's founding documents. Sorry, this country is undoubtedly secular.

Morality is a principle that humans develop to enable interacting as a society. Buddhists are moral. So is Shinto society. Native Americans have high moral standards for the members of their tribes. Morality has nothing to do with Christianity.

I'm curious how you know so much about Satanism. I've never seen evil running wild in the streets or blood and death that I could clearly attribute to Satan (or is that an anagram of Santa?).
Was there a Muslim founding father or Hindu that helped write the Constitution?

I rest my case.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:03 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,656,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post

One suspects that in Truckin's fevered imagination, everything that is not Christianity is Satanism.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
One suspects that in Truckin's fevered imagination, everything that is not Christianity is Satanism.
Why so many chuches in America if Christianity is not at it's core?

careful now. pull back the veil and expose the truth.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:11 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Why so many chuches in America if Christianity is not at it's core?

careful now. pull back the veil and expose the truth.
The truth is rarely pretty. And it is why those drowning in religiosity have an impossible time accepting the reality that this nation was founded on the ground of keeping religion and government separate. I couldn't care less if there are more McDonalds or Churches to count, but the fact that "God" or "Christianity" is NOT ONCE mentioned in the US Constitution.

"The experience of the United States is a happy disproof of the error so long rooted in the unenlightened minds of well-meaning Christians, as well as in the corrupt hearts of persecuting usurpers, that without a legal incorporation of religious and civil polity, neither could be supported. A mutual independence is found most friendly to practical Religion, to social harmony, and to political prosperity".
- James Madison
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies