Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 06:10 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Racism is NOT having a position of power over one ethnic group. It is the belief and cultural perpetuation that one race is superior, INHERENTLY, over the other. This gets lost on black people who play the card all the time.

#1 - White being superior to Black is NOT perpetuated in today's society. Any instances of it are fringe and there are just as many black fringe racists as white. As well as other ethnic groups.
That's the biggest load of bull I've seen in quite some time. The biggest manifestation of White's being superior in in the fashion industry and in the media. Where stereotypes are still used to portray non-Whites. The recent controversy surrounding the movie "The Hunger Games" and the disappointment if many White people that the main character was Black is blatant evidence that many White people feel that a Black person isn't worthy of the empathy, respect or consideration as a White character

We've still got a long way to go in terms of race in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 06:19 PM

226 posts, read 213,683 times
Absolutely it is. I would say the % of racists in each race is the same.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:36 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
^^A classic example of learned helplessness. This is what immigrant blacks cannot understand about American blacks.

Why do black Americans enjoy living on the Democrat Plantation so much if they really feel they have no power?
I'm not American...

And a huge false, making it in America doesn't mean you don't realize what things are about and what your against. When it's layoff time all the blacks you work with that are republicans are fraid of their number being called and a good part of that is because they're black.

Don't be foolish. As ignorant as EdwardA acts I'm pretty sure he knows racism is real in America.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:38 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Many of them are just like looters that will steal in an emergency because they feel they are entitled to all of these toys. They'll ignore any semblance of pride and self-respect for the freebies.
Just want to point out why we know what's going on. Not all blacks steal but the majority associate theft, crime, ignorance and handouts as a black thing.

My point has been proven already.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:49 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Hard to be racist if you have no power lol
It is hard to discriminate if you have no power.

Being racist on the other hand doesn't require any power at all.

edit: and yes, in my experience people with an axe to grind and no power (and thus poor self esteem) tend to be the most racist. If you rich, you can judge others based on money/class - and disparage, when looking for an insult. If you are smart, based on intellect. If you are good looking, based on appearance. If you are athletic, based on athletic ability. If you are responsible and community oriented, based on morality and doing good. However, those people who have nothing, are nothing, and contribute nothing have a nasty tendency to reach for racism to make themselves feel good.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:53 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Quote:
Just want to point out why we know what's going on. Not all blacks steal but the majority associate theft, crime, ignorance and handouts as a black thing.

My point has been proven already.

Try this post on someone that doesn't know what's going on in the inner-cities and with the redistribution by this current admin! Not flying with me.

An entire race has been bred by the left to have this entitlement mentality.

Don't you dare try to make me feel bad or doubt myself.
Reparations is a stupid idea that's volleyed about every few years by some jerk on the left, and yes, in our Fed. Govt.

I know why. Do you?

Old 05-24-2012, 11:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Try this post on someone that doesn't know what's going on in the inner-cities and with the redistribution by this current admin! Not flying with me.

An entire race has been bred by the left to have this entitlement mentality.

Don't you dare try to make me feel bad or doubt myself.
Reparations is a stupid idea that's volleyed about every few years by some jerk on the left, and yes, in our Fed. Govt.

I know why. Do you?
Absolutely! agree with you. Go get em, cause your right.
There is so much entitlement mentality going around since Obama has been in office. And more homeless children now then ever before, heard that last night.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:43 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
^^A classic example of learned helplessness. This is what immigrant blacks cannot understand about American blacks.

Why do black Americans enjoy living on the Democrat Plantation so much if they really feel they have no power?

I spent 2 years in Saudi Arabia and my job brought me into contact with countless African blacks. They have a totally different consciousness than do American blacks. Now, before the American blacks posting in this forum blast me with "African blacks weren't raised in slavery and there is no racism over there", I will say, "You have a point. Their background is totally different from that of American blacks." However, I will say that the African blacks who come to this country, come here to take advantage of the opportunities offered to them and they don't wallow in the history of past injustices. Their attitude seems to be "work hard, get an education, earn money, rise above any racism they may encounter".

One of the hardest lessons in life to learn is to throw off, rise above, grow beyond whatever **** life has thrown at you.

Attitude is everything!

Old 05-25-2012, 10:50 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
I'm not American...
I don't believe you. Your victimization mentality tells me you're a black American because I don't see that kind of thinking from European blacks or Afro-Caribbean.

Quote:
And a huge false, making it in America doesn't mean you don't realize what things are about and what your against. When it's layoff time all the blacks you work with that are republicans are fraid of their number being called and a good part of that is because they're black.
So tell me about this "last hired first fired" meme- do these black people lose their jobs because most of them work in the service industry which means their jobs are expendable or they were all fired strictly because they were black? [which we all know is against the law to do]

And if they were all fired for being black then how did they get hired in the first place?

Quote:
Don't be foolish. As ignorant as EdwardA acts I'm pretty sure he knows racism is real in America.
Racism is really everywhere in the world not just in America. You can fix racism by starting with yourself and refusing to act like a victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies