Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 08:35 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Always funny to watch American Conservatives agreeing with the words of a KGB agent. Fools are born every minute and Putin knows it and knows how to manipulate them, jeeeeez
Blah blah blah. Just because you worship Barack Obama doesn't mean the rest of the world does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 09:09 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
I think this is a big case of the pot calling the kettle black but this rhetoric may help him get the presidency he seeks

Putin Ratchets Up Anti-U.S Rhetoric as Russia

Thoughts?
I do take exceptions to a Rusky having better English skills than me. What the heck does "vassals" mean?

Old 01-27-2012, 09:17 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I do take exceptions to a Rusky having better English skills than me. What the heck does "vassals" mean?
They are minor lords in a feudal system. The Liege Lord would own a large amount of land and the vassals would be given small portions for them to manage and work but the Liege lord was always their master and they had to play tribute to him, go to war when he asked them etc."

We still have a simplified system like that today

President[king]
Governors[Liege Lord]
Mayor[vassal]

Old 01-27-2012, 09:23 AM

3,045 posts, read 3,193,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
He doesn't trust Barack Obama. Neither do millions of Americans. The nice thing is that neither will have to worry about it anymore beyond November.
It's going to be fun to hear emotion driven partisans whine for another 4 years. Russians in general don't trust Americans. Best of luck with November comment. Who's he running against again? Who is even the front runner? Oh right.

Why don't you spend some time being angry against the people who got us in this mess instead of getting emotional about the guy who was stuck getting us out of it.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:30 AM

78,431 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
In general, it means subordinate.

I'm not shocked that King Putin is using words with medievel origins....especially since he's going all Henry the 8th with the old battle axe and banging that Russian gymnast.

LOL. Putins official financial disclosure shows him worth less money than me. However, survivors of the mass suicides plaguing Russian media have tracked layer after layer of holding company and other arrangements to determine Putin secretly owns a nice chunk of Russian oil and other commodities (Like the Russian that owns the NJ Nets) and is quite likely one of the richest men in the world.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:21 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Blah blah blah. Just because you worship Barack Obama doesn't mean the rest of the world does.
Wrong again buckaroo, I only worship a man that has been dead for over 2000 years. Let us know when you have something of substance to say, until then................................

Old 01-27-2012, 10:28 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,057,017 times
Quote:
Putin shares our opinion of Obama....not the other way around. Attempting to blame me for Putin agreeing with the American electorate is a weak and puny response on your part.
It's amazing how some people believe the enemy of their enemy is their friend.

Anyone who says bad things about Obama is trustworthy now to some people, first Iran and now Putin.

Makes manipulation easy when people blind themselves to the world around them.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:28 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Wrong again buckaroo, I only worship a man that has been dead for over 2000 years. Let us know when you have something of substance to say, until then................................
Well, can't really blame him for using such language, when politics is hardly any different from religion to them.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
It's going to be fun to hear emotion driven partisans whine for another 4 years. Russians in general don't trust Americans. Best of luck with November comment. Who's he running against again? Who is even the front runner? Oh right.

Why don't you spend some time being angry against the people who got us in this mess instead of getting emotional about the guy who was stuck getting us out of it.
I'm very angry at politicians of every make, model, and color. There are other reasons that I truly dislike Barack Obama.....the economy and his plan for recovery being the least of those reasons.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
It's amazing how some people believe the enemy of their enemy is their friend.

Anyone who says bad things about Obama is trustworthy now to some people, first Iran and now Putin.

Makes manipulation easy when people blind themselves to the world around them.
Sharing the same opinion does not engender trust. Management 101. Embrace it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies