Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 01:16 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,449,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Forums like this one is the only thing keeping the Occupy movement alive.

As for someone going "down to one of the occupy sites to get educated",..one must surely laugh out loud. There are farm animals that are more intelligent than many of the occupiers. Some barnyard animals are even more adept at articulating their desires than the occupiers.

Commenting about "lack of knowledge" and sitting in front of computers is quite descriptive of you and the movement you represent.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Very well written.

Quote:"Forums like this one is the only thing keeping the Occupy movement alive."

That, I did not realize. I now regret starting this thread, for exactly that reason.

Quote:"As for someone going "down to one of the occupy sites to get educated",..one must surely laugh out loud."

Absolutely agree. The only education I got was that people are willing to live in squalor and filth and be totally unorganized to attempt a futile effort.
(Well, I also learned that it is not that easy to become a volunteer deputy, so I could help lob tear gas.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 04:00 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
When did I ever say I supported Wall Street?

Epic Deflection FAIL

Old 02-10-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
We shouldn't be angry at the Occupy Movement. We should be angry at our liberal Democrat politicians who gave tacit approval for these camps to exist. The minute tents were erected the police should have taken action.
Mumbles Menino? Seriously?

Illegal aliens- no problem

Occupy Boston- roll out the red carpet

Law abiding citizens who want to exercise their second ammendment rights- Whoaaaaa! Now that's a problem!

Old 02-10-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Against the Wall Street corruption maybe? You know, occupy Wall Street.

Oh they have plenty of bad solutions in that mob but, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" .

I think they got lost. Wall St. is not in Boston....

Old 02-10-2012, 05:33 PM

3,244 posts, read 7,449,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I am not the one who tried to set up a turkey shoot thread and then try to stifle any opposition to it. What occupy is protesting is relevant. They are protesting thievery. It is ridiculous to claim their motivations are not relevant for comparison. Then he made an absolutely silly comparison about frogs. That would be appropriate for the amphibious nature of the context he chooses. Once he decided to personally attack me as if I were going off topic, it was hard to hold him in any esteem. Then he took the time to to tell me about his swell life style. The topic is what suits him.

Quote:"I am not the one who tried to set up a turkey shoot thread and then try to stifle any opposition to it."

All I asked was to keep to the topic, the topic being stated in the first posts in this thread.

Quote:"What occupy is protesting is relevant."

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, regardless of how far it is at odds with the supporting data.

Quote:"It is ridiculous to claim their motivations are not relevant for comparison."

Opinions again. Yawn.

Quote:"Then he made an absolutely silly comparison about frogs."

There are words called 'sarcasm' and 'hyperbole'. Please look them up. Geez, lighten up.

Quote:"Once he decided to personally attack me as if I were going off topic...."

There was NO personal attack, in any way. I just requested that posters keep on the topic of the thread.

Quote:"Then he took the time to to tell me about his swell life style. The topic is what suits him."

I just responded in defense..... the first launch was your statement about rather being on a donkey in a common latrine.

The topic here of the WHOLE thread is to discuss as to why certain groups in this country think it is fair to make taxpayers pay for the mess and disruption that they cause... I started this thread with that statement, and I request an explanation as to why I should pay for things, forcefully, that I do not agree with.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:06 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I think they got lost. Wall St. is not in Boston....
Yes I don't know why people without jobs can't get a time share. Look, if you are going to steal trillions, you are going to end up with an ugly underclass who may one day revolt and try and kill you. Don't shoot the messenger.

Oh I forgot to applaud your hilarious joke. That's a real knee slapper.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:38 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post

Quote:"I am not the one who tried to set up a turkey shoot thread and then try to stifle any opposition to it."

All I asked was to keep to the topic, the topic being stated in the first posts in this thread.
The topic was occupy Wall Street. This is not your own personal news letter. Its a forum for debate. You know the difference between a fight and an execution right? Is an analogy too off topic for you too?

Quote:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, regardless of how far it is at odds with the supporting data.
I gave my opinion based upon the topic of OWS. Then you tried to stop all opposition to your dictates. And what data to be at odds with? Are you telling me the banks cost me less money then a dirty park? Really?

Quote:
Opinions again. Yawn.
gag. Boredom does not qualify as being off topic but is demonstrative of your wit.

Quote:
There are words called 'sarcasm' and 'hyperbole'. Please look them up. Geez, lighten up.
You ask me to lighten up in your anally controlled thread? You started this. Are you used to sycophants who are indebted to you?

Quote:
There was NO personal attack, in any way. I just requested that posters keep on the topic of the thread.
What is your thread about? Dirty parks? Littering? It was about the occupy movement. You didn't like how much it cost. I happen to mention they didn't like what the banks cost them. If that is off topic to you then I wouldn't bother with another thread. Your constant defense of this ridiculous claim is starting to fill the office with victims of carpel tunnel.

Quote:
I just responded in defense..... the first launch was your statement about rather being on a donkey in a common latrine.
No this is you accusing me of derailing the thread. I think the fact that they don't like paying for what they didn't screw up sort of matters here especially since many of them have no money.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/22924875-post37.html

And since his campaign was funded by Wall Street, I don't just care who is in Washington. One thing I can credit OWS for is making the rather obvious connection. Do you think corn subsidies and sugar tariffs just sort of drifted into the minds of well meaning public servants? No it was ballot stuffing from Cagill and ADM.

Quote:
The topic here of the WHOLE thread is to discuss as to why certain groups in this country think it is fair to make taxpayers pay for the mess and disruption that they cause... I started this thread with that statement, and I request an explanation as to why I should pay for things, forcefully, that I do not agree with.
I agree so when can I get all my money back from the banks that includes a 27 trillion ponzi scheme during the housing bubble from a state granted monopoly. I am not talking millions or billions but trillions. I would not think someone who can afford to ride in a leer jet would be so penny wise and dollar foolish...unless he would be a part of the finance industry that is.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSparkle928 View Post

'Peaceful protestors'... that go to the bathroom in the streets, are smoking pot... are disrupting those on their way to and from work (yes, the people who are doing something that is productive). Go look at the videos of the OB protest (or go see it first hand, like I did.) Too late to do the latter now. Where are my cans of pepper spray when I need them?
I wonder how much Soros pays people like ted to support the Occupiers. If they get paid $60 for Occupying CPAC surely those who support them 24/7 at times must get paid pretty well.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
You don't need to get permission to express your constitutional rights.
Where do you find in the Constitution that you can poop and pee anywhere you decide would be a good place? Where does it say that protesters own the streets they protest on when few, if any, of them are taxpayers in the city? I guess you missed what it says there.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:38 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Well, the final bill is in from the Boston Police.... Just for overtime alone, $1.4M to deal with the OB protestors. Thank you OB'ers. Glad my taxes could help your camp-out.
No, blame your democrat/liberal politicians and officials for allowing them to break the law in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies