Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 06:24 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,335,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
The OP took offense in the other thread about this issue, so ran over here and started this thread as some sort of rebuttal.
Why, I am sure I dont know.
There were babies on that thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 06:25 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
all BS buy all the birth controll you want. just pay for it yourself aint my problem. Why should someone else pay for it for you? I cant have anymore children and dont need this free ha ha service but have to pay for it anyway? maybe I should bill my auto ins co for my next oil change too. freaking stupid.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:26 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
There were babies on that thread.
Self-deprecation is never a good thing.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:26 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
I call it freedom. Employers shouldn't be forced by law to subsidize practices they believe to be immoral.

If employees want it, let 'em pay for it on their own.
Amen, why fund Planned (kill the babies) Parenthood through the taxpayer dollars. Instead let Planned Parenthood offer insurance themselves to offer their services. If they can't make a profit killing babies that way, then tough. If they want to offer control substances as a private company, then go for it. No taxpayer money though.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:29 PM

This election should be about our debt, Obama taking away our liberty, and who will reverse the course we are on. These social issues can wait for another election.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:30 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
all BS buy all the birth controll you want. just pay for it yourself aint my problem. Why should someone else pay for it for you? I cant have anymore children and dont need this free ha ha service but have to pay for it anyway? maybe I should bill my auto ins co for my next oil change too. freaking stupid.
No coverage to birth control means less people using it

Less people using birth control means more unwanted pregnancies.

More unwanted pregnancies means a boom in unwanted children and a skyrocketing birthrate, leading to more births and higher insurance premiums to accommodate.

More children means more doctors visits for these kids, which leads to higher premiums.

If the person cannot afford birth control otherwise, they likely are poor or have low income, that will have a huge burden on the taxpayer who now has a massive influx on people on welfare, a strain on the education system and more that leads to massive tax hikes.

A simple option to have birth control will save a monumental strain on the taxpayer and the country.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
No coverage to birth control means less people using it

Less people using birth control means more unwanted pregnancies.

More unwanted pregnancies means a boom in unwanted children and a skyrocketing birthrate, leading to more births and higher insurance premiums to accommodate.

More children means more doctors visits for these kids, which leads to higher premiums.

If the person cannot afford birth control otherwise, they likely are poor or have low income, that will have a huge burden on the taxpayer who now has a massive influx on people on welfare, a strain on the education system and more that leads to massive tax hikes.

A simple option to have birth control will save a monumental strain on the taxpayer and the country.
Why not just limit the number of children births insurance companies will pay for. That will be cost effective too.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:34 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
"In the wake of a controversy over a requirement that religious institutions provide contraceptive coverage, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) now supports a bill that gives any employer the right to exclude any type health service that they find objectionable."

Interesting statement to say the least.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
"In the wake of a controversy over a requirement that religious institutions provide contraceptive coverage, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) now supports a bill that gives any employer the right to exclude any type health service that they find objectionable."

Interesting statement to say the least.
They really have the right to exclude any coverage. It is like determining what pay they want to give their workers.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:37 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Why not just limit the number of children births insurance companies will pay for. That will be cost effective too.
They would be covered anyhow as you can still give birth without insurance, which again would lead to huge insurance premium hikes. Plus those kids that would be being born, likely wouldn't be if there was birth control available.

The whole argument is just the right wingers picking a side, and their minions automatically agreeing with it as that's what the brainwashed minions are "suppose" to do, instead of actually thinking for themselves
Unless you are some kind of religious fanatic that thinks people like the Duggers with 20 kids are the biggest blessing on earth, this whole issue is a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies