Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 08:29 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Blah, blah, blah... Yes we get it no matter how wrong you are you cannot give an inch, no matter how bad you look you think your gibberish glosses over everything.

[color="Red"]Dude, it wasn't my poll, or my headline. Live with it. Gallup decided that this headline;

Health Costs, Gov't Regulations Curb Small Business Hiring
Nearly half of small-business owners name these issues

was relevant and true...for some odd reason.

Dude, there are a whole list of reasons with higher percentages.... But we'll pretend your talking point headline is gospel. That is all that matters.

No! No kidding! A whole LIST of concerns?

So? Nearly 50% say HC cost/obama regulations are stifling hiring - TRUE.

THAT CLOSE TO 50% is growing. FYI 48% and 46% aren't 50%. In a multi answer question the valve of that percentage is devalued by the weight of the other responses. You do realize that 50% and 53% said NO to those concern. A MAJORITY of the responses said those concerns were NOT concerns to hiring....

Oh my. Gallup byline - Nearly half of small-business owners name these issues.

My title - Nearly 50%.

You need to email Gallup and give them an earful...on their completely accurate byline based on the numbers.

No a headline INVENTED by an editor looking for hits from wingnuts. If you did your homework you'd know that this is one of several articles by gallup on THAT poll, you ignore them for the wingnut hyped headline.... Just like faux spews feeds you people, gallup knows how to draw wingnuts, too.

I saw thus headline somewhere.... I'm really concerned

Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch linked in SECRET GAY ROMANCE???
Oh dear. Gallup is now a wingnut...according the poster who is desperately trying to spin/discredit/dismiss the survey.

Really...just give it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 08:55 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times
OVER 50% SAY HEALTHCARE COSTS AND GOVERNMENT REGULATION ARE NOT BARRIERS TO HIRING
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh dear. Gallup is now a wingnut...according the poster who is desperately trying to spin/discredit/dismiss the survey.

Really...just give it up.
Yeah, what was I thinking, to suggest that someone, an editor at that, in the lame stream media might actually have a right wing agenda... How could that be? We cannot ever question wingnut talking points, we know they are always right, even when they're WRONG... EYES ROLLING

Yep as long as you keep distorting reality and lying I'm be here debunking you lies.

Last edited by buzzards27; 02-18-2012 at 09:05 AM..

Old 02-18-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Yep as long as you keep distorting reality and lying I'm be here debunking you lies.
Same here. Your problem is the Gallup poll AND the headline AND the byline supports ME, not you.

I guess Gallup is a liar though...right?

Really, I have no idea what you're even arguing about. The poll is what it is, same with the numbers...nearly 50% name HC cost (obamacare) AND regulations as reasons for not hiring.

Even MORE cite the obama economy as a reason.

Maybe Gallup shouldn't put this kind of information out...it upsets the Left so much.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:14 AM

Spoken like someone that NEVER actually looked at a new law coming out of congress much less, ACA or Dodd Frank.

It is "gobbyedygook" (whatever that is) because every existing law that is in anyway affected by a new law is included in the text of the new law. The old law's text is required to clearly indicate how the new law fits into that old law. The old section of law, will have text removed (lined out) and new text inserted. Boiled down the new text alone is never that great, it is only the merger of old to new that creates a large bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Sanrene does it again; the Dodd-Frank bill and the ObamaCare bill total some 5,000+ pages of of legislative gobbledygook that are totally unnecessary, since neither addresses the ONE problem which resulted in both of these misbegotten bills being signed by a totally clueless President; political meddling.

Small wonder that hotel impresario Steve Wynn's on-the-money assertion that Obama's policies have 'thrown a wet blanket' over the US economy tells it like it REALLY is.

Nevada is chock full of foreclosures thanks to the Democrats, and hotels on the Strip with scads of empty rooms alongside unfnished and closed megaresorts (Ritz-Carlton among them) have decimated the local economy, while Wynn's business interests on the other side of the world (translation--Macao and the Far East) are doing just fine far removed from Obama the JobKiller and his 15% actual unemployment rate, as the CBO reports, and is verified & detailed in today's edition of IBD.

Add to that his job-killing environmental wackos, not to mention his overwhelming fixation with alternative energy thanks to throwing money into ratholes such as Solyndra, yet his continued fanaticism with basing his energy policy on 'green jobs' which have never been beneficial to anybody except for the politicians such as Obama who get their campaign coffers stuffed by corrupt cronies such as those 'greedy Wall Street bankers' who put him into office, and dominate his legions of administrators.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:27 AM

And to be clear, the survey DID NOT ask is Obama's regulation or if Obama's new health care law were concerns.

You have taken a general questions about small business owners' concerns with regulations and health care costs and recast them into gallup asking about Obama's policies. You don't have the ammo to make that leap. Nowhere in the four corners of that 19 page poll does Obama come up. Nowhere does it ask if "recent changes to laws and/or regulation" affected your business decisions...

Your thread is a huge failure because your making a leap that is not supported. Your thread title is a lie for injecting the word Obamacare. And the gallup editor that wrote the headline wrote a hit magnet instead of news and you bite.

More small business owners said healthy care cost and regulations, 50% and 53% said NO they were not concerned.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Same here. Your problem is the Gallup poll AND the headline AND the byline supports ME, not you.

I guess Gallup is a liar though...right?

Really, I have no idea what you're even arguing about. The poll is what it is, same with the numbers...nearly 50% name HC cost (obamacare) AND regulations as reasons for not hiring.
AND OVER 50% said NO, but those people don't count because they don't fit your talking point driven thread....
Quote:

Even MORE cite the obama economy as a reason.

Maybe Gallup shouldn't put this kind of information out...it upsets the Left so much.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:43 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Time for everyone with a brain to unsubscribe to this thread. I did.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:48 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,571,299 times
There are enough fiscal time bombs in Obamacare to ensure that the UE rate is going to be very high for years to come, and will remain stuck in the mid-teens.

Ditto for Dodd-Frank, another unnecessary disaster which never addressed the core problem with the 2008 financial meltdown; political interference.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
OVER 50% SAY HEALTHCARE COSTS AND GOVERNMENT REGULATION ARE NOT BARRIERS TO HIRING

Yeah, what was I thinking, to suggest that someone, an editor at that, in the lame stream media might actually have a right wing agenda... How could that be? We cannot ever question wingnut talking points, we know they are always right, even when they're WRONG... EYES ROLLING

There are no lies....just inconvenient FACTS you don't like.

When you get to be Gallup's next pollster, you can write the headline. For now, nearly 50% cite OBAMA's policies as a detriment to hiring.

Don't like it? Too bad.

Oh, you haven't debunked anything I've said OR Gallup has said.

Quote:
Health Costs, Gov't Regulations Curb Small Business Hiring

Nearly half of small-business owners name these issues
Both TRUE.

Last edited by sanrene; 02-20-2012 at 11:42 AM..

Old 02-20-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Time for everyone with a brain to unsubscribe to this thread. I did.
Right, right.

A Gallup poll surveying business on the reasons why they are not hiring.

I'm glad you did. We don't need the spin. We'll hold you to your promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
There are enough fiscal time bombs in Obamacare to ensure that the UE rate is going to be very high for years to come, and will remain stuck in the mid-teens.

Ditto for Dodd-Frank, another unnecessary disaster which never addressed the core problem with the 2008 financial meltdown; political interference.
This is TRUE. The regulations and negative impact to people with HC insurance is a good reason why so many want this disaster repealed.

Obamacare was instrumental in the 2010 elections...it will be the same in 2012.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies