Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 06:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,463,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You want me to follow you into Alice's wonderland?
What can i say! some live in a fairytale, and like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 06:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Depending on State, premiums went up an average of between 8.8% and 14.5% a year for the 10 year period. This isn't rocket science. Even those that do not want to see the trend, should have difficulty denying it. But, deny away if you want, that just reflects a different issue that may need attention.
But Obmacare was supposed to lower premiums by 3000%.
Why are we going to see that ?

FWIW my premiums used to go up 8% annually.
But now the last 2 years were 15%.
My insurance company (United Healthcare) told us in a letter it was due to them having to increase their reserves because of the expanded care (26 years old now considered dependents for insurance).

And with inflation a mere 3%. Imagine if we had inflation ?

Old 02-16-2012, 06:25 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,969,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But, Obama said they would go down by 3000%. They would drop so much that everyone would get a raise. Don't you remember that "promise" ?

If you don't remember..here is him saying it:

Obama: Premiums Will Decrease 3000% So You Should Get A Raise When H'care Is Passed - YouTube
You do realize that was hyperbole right?

Besides, the ACA goes into effect in 2014 and this is 2012.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:30 PM

46,328 posts, read 27,162,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The thread title is:
Gallup: Nearly 50% of Small Business Blame obamacare/Regulations for Lack of Hiring
At least it was "the last time I checked."
Ohhh, you got me..............

But, again that was NOT my question, it had nothing to do with the thread title.....it was about the 14%, that it that's, nothing more nothing less....and I believe, that's what I wrote before....last time I checked....

Quote:

So, you admit he does not tell the truth? And his entire campaign was based off hyperbole?

Old 02-16-2012, 06:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,990,690 times
Quote:
The thread title is:
Gallup: Nearly 50% of Small Business Blame obamacare/Regulations for Lack of Hiring
At least it was "the last time I checked."
Yeah....and? It is an accurate reflection of the Gallup poll.

Quote:
Health care costs went up last year, as they have for each year in the last 40 years, that doesn't mean they went up because of ObamaCare.
Health Insurance Premiums Rise Sharply in 2011 - ABC News

Of course, KFF, which has been ALL IN on obamacare, refuses to acknowledge the law of the land is to blame for the SHARP rise in costs.

Higher Health Insurance Premiums This Year? Blame ObamaCare - Forbes

Quote:
The Kaiser report is only the latest piece of research to indicate that ObamaCare isn’t driving down health care costs, as its proponents promised, but is instead accelerating their rise.

This year, the average premium for a family hit $15,073 — $1,303, or 9%, higher than the year before. And that’s on top of increases of 5% in 2009 and 3% in 2010.
DOUBLE from 2009, TRIPLE from 2010. Only one conclusion - the disaster of obamacare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Sorry you aren't able to analyze the survey data either. Download the latest survey off of the Wells Fargo site and actually read it. For the forth and last time, that 14% that don't have employees, the delta between Q18 and Q22. 497-428=69

WHERE in the GALLUP data are you seeing this claim?

Your OP and this whole thread is completely bogus. The headline, the lame basis for your talking point nonsense, involves the response to a question. Are you in rhe process of hiring someone at this moment? Two weeks after the holidays most employers are figuring out what to do with there seasonal hires, few are seriously seeking workers. For me, that time between Xmas and the start of tax season was my vacation.

Gallup too?

Take a closer look, the same respondents, 48% said they hired in the past 12 months. Sorta undermines your claim that obamacare is killing small businesses. Oh wait, obamacare has ZERO effect on small businesses.

No they didn't.

In No 2010, 48% hired as many employees as they needed.

Finally, if your claiming we need to confine our debate to you story, your headline, WHERE DOES IT SAY OBAMACARE?
HC costs/POTENTIAL HC costs = OBAMACARE, since it IS the law of the land and many businesses have said for well over a year they are afraid of what is coming down the pike due to obamacare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
What part of 76% listed not needing new employees two weeks after the holidays as their TOP REASON.

WHERE does it say that? Snip the text from the link.

What part of ACA has ZERO affect on small businesses.

I know, you wingnyts gotta run with your lame talking points no matter how lame...

Stay with it though, it is showing others that you'll do anything say anything. Trust is hard to regain once you have spent it.
Gallup is a wingnut? WATCH the name calling buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And you know what sanrene;

some cannot handle the truth, too bad. I constantly say on here, have not waivered, that i know many a small business owner. They each are waiting for Obama to go.

They have done nothing but complained ever since he has been in office, too not think so, is just ingorant.

It has been pretty hard on small bsuiness owners, to hire, do to everything else they have now have to contend with.

Health care, they site, and the massive regulatory-burden, is such a stress on small business owners, as well as big business also.
Your not lying telling the truth, some can't handle it, that is their problem.
Two years after the passage of this disaster, Americans are intent on repealing this disaster.

It is truly amazing to watch the spin and spittle fly over a poll like this.

Notice, they don't even touch the 46% who are worried about the massive new influx of government regulations, something business has again been complaining about for well over a year.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:

I seem to recall we would all see our premiums decrease by about $2500/year.

And we could keep our plan/doctor too if we wished.

NEITHER of those is true.

Obamacare supporters refuse to listen even to the CMS actuary;

Quote:
Richard Foster, the Chief Actuary for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), reports that America will spend an additional $311 billion on health care in the next decade because of the law.

CMS estimates the growth in health insurance costs will increase 10 extra percentage points in 2014 because of ObamaCare — a 14% increase, versus 3.5% without the law.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:37 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,497,598 times
Quote:

BS. Half of it (being the consistent conservative that I am) has been enacted already...

Timeline of the Affordable Care Act | HealthCare.gov

The retarded ass mandates go into affect in 2014. You won't make it that far...

Old 02-16-2012, 06:42 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,876,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I seem to recall we would all see our premiums decrease by about $2500/year.

And we could keep our plan/doctor too if we wished.

NEITHER of those is true.

Obamacare supporters refuse to listen even to the CMS actuary;
You "recall" that? And when do you "recall" you should see what you pay for premiums go down? As long as you have an actual Ins plan that provides coverage, why would you not be able to keep it and your Doctor?

Old 02-16-2012, 06:47 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,463,342 times
Quote:
You "recall" that? And when do you "recall" you should see what you pay for premiums go down?
Not a lie, don't believe in lying on here for anyone. Most people i know are *****--- because the majority of people i know of there premiums have gown up up up, no lie, not down

They thought they would go down but they have not. My daughters just went up also, and she is pissed.
I know not one person who their premiums have gone down. And for those that say theirs have, prove it to us.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
You "recall" that? And when do you "recall" you should see what you pay for premiums go down? As long as you have an actual Ins plan that provides coverage, why would you not be able to keep it and your Doctor?
Go find the video if you want;

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...lth-care-bill/

Amazing....over and over again you have to be provided links of promises made by your president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies