Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 08:16 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Ahhhhhh....we have to wait til it's up and running to see what's in it. Good one. Very original.
Ah, if you refuse to learn what's in it, you certainly will have to wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 08:18 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually you missed the best part..

mr bob says we now need to turn the pharmacies and insurance companies over to government because only after profit motivation is removed, can we cut costs..

This is a 180 flip flop from liberals position last year, who said Obamacare would cut costs while explaining away the fact that adding hundreds of billions of dollars in taxes, will somehow magically reduce the cost..

And lets not even add into the equation that taxes on healthcare are 10 times higher than profits in the industry, but somehow, turning it over to government, will be the cost saver.. haha

They cant keep their own stories straight from 1 day to another and its so hard to take them serious anymore.
Still can't read I see. Oh well.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:49 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,117,283 times
Quote:
This from the very same poster who deflected on the other posting.

Hey ovcatto, if your business is profiting $100K, and then your healthcare cost is $120K.. what do you have left

The fact that its deductible doesnt create money out of thin air

Old 02-16-2012, 09:14 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Good job, see you read thru the trick question. Gold Star.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:16 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But most Obama followers are like him in that they think those nasty people are sitting on their money just to hurt The One.
Meanwhile, the Obama-onomy recovers and marches on, leaving you to whine on your lonely stump.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:26 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But most Obama followers are like him in that they think those nasty people are sitting on their money just to hurt The One.
No, they're sitting on their money hoping they can elect a conservative whose Utopian nanny state is one where the only 'people' the government cares about and wants to coddle have INC. at the end of their names.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:41 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I assume you you are among those that think the ACA is the reason that Ins Premiums & HC Costs have been going up at about 10% per year for the last 2 or 3 decades. Let's just say, I am not surprised you are among that group.
Bob, we just got our healthcare policy options from aetna the other day. First time in years ZERO premium increase for next year.

$467 a month for full family coverage with a $250 deductible.

Three years ago, BEFORE ACA was enacted, they eliminated the high deductible ($2500) low premium ($108 a month) policy we had for years. So we suffered mild increase every year until we took a huge hit 300% three year ago.

Since then, the increase just BEFORE ACA WAS ENACTED, the premium has been flat. So much for the Obamacare scare tactics.

I guess that ACA provision that requires healthy care insurance companies to devote a high percentage of their premium income to health care is having an effect on premiums.... Thank you ACA.

Last edited by buzzards27; 02-16-2012 at 10:52 AM..

Old 02-16-2012, 10:55 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,572,790 times
Quote:
You receive a reward for the most ridiculous posting of the day..

Small businesses will suck it up, by adding the cost onto their services, paid for by consumers, therefore sucking even more money out of the economy thus slowing down an economic recovery..

But hey, Obama is leading in the polls, and thats all that matters to some folks. Who needs an economic recovery anyways as long as Obama is ahead.. woo hoo...
No, the companies will learn to adapt and sell their product more cheaply while cutting costs and companies that cannot do this will go out of business.

Successful companies can handle government regulations as they are always changing regardless of who is in office.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:58 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,572,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
OK, you all want proof, I work for a major health insurance organization and basically we are not hiring and we have laid people off due to Obamacare. Basically, it has been said here and it is in effect. There is your proof that this is affecting hiring.

Personally, I am supposed ot have staff reporting to me and 2 of my positions were cut due t Obamacare. Hard to argue with that fact.
Don't worry, another business will figure out how to run efficiently within the new regulations. This company will put yours out of business.

The way I look at it is business can cry about it or they can adapt. And I have no sympathy whatsoever for these insurance companies that have been raising my premiums 10 percent for the last 8 years or so with no explanation until they had the excuse of "Obamacare". Now, that's their explanation.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:00 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, these small business owners are nuts. Businesses of under 50 employees are exempt from many provisions of the Affordable Care Act.
Correctamundo....but the ignorance persists regardless.

I can't tell you how many small business owners in my little small conservative town b*tch and whine about Obamacare hurting their businesses when they have about 5 employees and the provisions haven't even taken any real effect yet.

But you know...they spend their mandatory 7 hours a day listening to Hannity and Limbaugh, so they think it's their duty to whine about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies