Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 11:26 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Considering the number of folks who claim to be small business owners and don't understand that their income is a deductible business expense, I vote for the latter.
Remember when Joe the fake plumber was against raising taxes on anyone making over 250K.

Even though his current salary was under 40K, he was anticipating making over 250K in a few years after he would open up his own plumbing business, even though he wasn't a licensed plumber.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 05:34 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:

If certain folks could read, they would notice that when you add up all the numbers the add up to a bit more than 100% from that we can see that the poll is a response to ranking issues regarding employment decisions. In other words in order of concerns healthcare and government regulations (while concerns) rank at the bottom of those concerns for businesses that expect to still be in operation over the next 12 months.
But the story being sighted isnt about those other concerns, its about the concerns of healthcare costs.

Nice try at deflecting.. You almost got away with it..

Old 02-16-2012, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Considering the number of folks who claim to be small business owners and don't understand that their income is a deductible business expense, I vote for the latter.
This from the very same poster who deflected on the other posting.

Hey ovcatto, if your business is profiting $100K, and then your healthcare cost is $120K.. what do you have left

The fact that its deductible doesnt create money out of thin air

Old 02-16-2012, 05:39 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
But the story being sighted isnt about those other concerns, its about the concerns of healthcare costs.

Nice try at deflecting.. You almost got away with it..
The cited concerns on healthcare costs have nothing to do with the ACA. The work to be done in helping lower the actual cost is barely started. But it needs Congress to strengthen those efforts as time goes on.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Remember when Joe the fake plumber was against raising taxes on anyone making over 250K.

Even though his current salary was under 40K, he was anticipating making over 250K in a few years after he would open up his own plumbing business, even though he wasn't a licensed plumber.
And? I know lots of people who arent licensed to practice law, this doesnt mean in a few years they wont be, after they finish school.

ITS CALLED GETTING AN EDUCATION AND THEN LICENSED

ooh I forgot, liberals think you cant do that in america.. haha.. what a ridiculous posting

Old 02-16-2012, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The cited concerns on healthcare costs have nothing to do with the ACA. The work to be done in helping lower the actual cost is barely started. But it needs Congress to strengthen those efforts as time goes on.
Um, all of Obamacare has been passed into law already and doesnt need further approval from Congress.

Furthermore, Obamacare INCREASED many healthcare costs by adding in hundreds of billions in taxes. Why the hell do you think they calculated it as a deficit reduction bill

Old 02-16-2012, 05:43 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:

If certain folks could read, they would notice that when you add up all the numbers the add up to a bit more than 100% from that we can see that the poll is a response to ranking issues regarding employment decisions. In other words in order of concerns healthcare and government regulations (while concerns) rank at the bottom of those concerns for businesses that expect to still be in operation over the next 12 months.
A "bit" more? How about a lot more? Of course it is a ranking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The person stated that the title doesn't match the story, how is that deflecting?

Get a dictionary.
Because they were wrong...again...always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, these small business owners are nuts. Businesses of under 50 employees are exempt from many provisions of the Affordable Care Act.
Yeah...sure. Let's see it.

Quote:
Has EVERYTHING to do with obamacare.

Quote:
Additionally, nearly half of small-business owners point to potential healthcare costs (48%) and government regulations (46%) as reasons.
Lets not forget those burdensome regulations obama supporters always claim are not really there.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:48 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
A "bit" more? How about a lot more? Of course it is a ranking.

Because they were wrong...again...always.

Yeah...sure. Let's see it.

Has EVERYTHING to do with obamacare.

Lets not forget those burdensome regulations obama supporters always claim are not really there.
I assume you you are among those that think the ACA is the reason that Ins Premiums & HC Costs have been going up at about 10% per year for the last 2 or 3 decades. Let's just say, I am not surprised you are among that group.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
I assume you you are among those that think the ACA is the reason that Ins Premiums & HC Costs have been going up at about 10% per year for the last 2 or 3 decades. Let's just say, I am not surprised you are among that group.
We all know what happens when you ASSume.. I'm not at all surprised that you are among the group that thinks we can increase cost, and then just deflect on past increases to excuse future ones

Hey mr bob, I thought Obamacare was supposed to FIX those increases. How does adding hundreds of billions of dollars in taxes, and mandating more expense, supposed to drop the cost mr bob.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:55 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Same thing I was thinking. I'm looking at the statistics on those links and finding nothing correlating to the OP. I agree, it looks like another failed right wing "bash Obama" thread.
Quote:
Additionally, nearly half of small-business owners point to potential healthcare costs

It looks like more Obamots in denial. Barack Obama is not the real threat to this country. The people who would vote for this inept failure to be their President are the real threat to this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies