Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2012, 09:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You know what, Finn? I'm going to let you have the last word. I have asked you multiple times to stop debating Mormon doctrine on the political forum but you refuse to do so.
Are you a moderator? This thread is about Franklin Graham's comments, and he commented on mormons and Obama's faith. I am sorry you don't like it, but that is the topic.

You keep taking personal stabs and accusing me of lying etc, so clearly you are very sensitive to anyone looking into the issue of mormonism. Being overly sensitive and defensive always sends the message that you are hiding something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 09:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I suppose the fact that he sat in Rev Wrights church for 20 years means he is a muslim.

His oppnents need to choose between accusing him of being a Christian from a radical racist church, or that he is a muslim. It is hard to argue that he is both.
Not for the Obamaphobes, it isn't.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:03 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Christians "of [my] ilk"?

There is only one kind of Christian. That is one who has accepted Christ, acknowledges that He is God, and has repented of his sin.

Muslims, if I understand your last sentence correctly, do not worship the "same God". Their god bears no resemblance to the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. This is clear from their own teachings and beliefs, and the fact that they reject the Bible. Everything they do and believe (kill the "infidel", for example and "honor killings") are against the clear teachings of the Bible.

Barack Obama never attended a Christian church. Jeremiah Wright's church does not teach Biblical Christianity, but a substitute. A counterfeit. His recent statements that Jesus would support his policies is testament to his twisted view of Jesus' teachings.

Sorry. You lose. I stand on the solid Rock. Scripture confirms what I have said. It isn't rocket science to those who know the scripture. And it isn't a matter of interpretation. It's quite clear.

So what you are saying is that a church that teaches contrary to what you believe is true christianity is not a church? If my history is correct is'nt that the same christianity that enslaved/killed millions of blacks in the turn of the century? Is'nt this the same Christianity that lynched and kept black Americans from being equal? Is'nt this the same Christianity that killed hundreds of thousands of other people from different countries in the name of capitalism? Their reasoning has also being taken from scripture as well. So now when a man who has witnessed some of the atrocities in the name of Christianity (your form) is pointed out to the very same people that is experiencing it, all of the sudden it is wrong? I guess the truth hurts

Old 02-24-2012, 11:19 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This guy is such a phony and a hypocrite. I wish Willie Geist had reached across the table and just slapped the guy.

Franklin Graham Calls Obama's Religious Beliefs Into Question
(c)hristian Taliban fakirs are as Taliban fakirs do.

Prosperity preacher driven states are so much easier to control than real atheists and real Christians. Which would explain why evangelicals are attacking Catholicism planting themselves in the pews and making a mockery of the faith. They haven't done enough damage in their own faux churches. "Pious baloney" coming from the mouth of a fakir (c)atholic?

Don't y'all get this yet? Every bizarre accusation out of their (collective) mouths is a confession.

Q: Are they this oblivious to what they've made of themselves?
A: Why, YES. Yes the ARE. A slap to the face won't do for the land of the lost.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:15 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
(c)hristian Taliban fakirs are as Taliban fakirs do.

Prosperity preacher driven states are so much easier to control than real atheists and real Christians. Which would explain why evangelicals are attacking Catholicism planting themselves in the pews and making a mockery of the faith. They haven't done enough damage in their own faux churches. "Pious baloney" coming from the mouth of a fakir (c)atholic?

Don't y'all get this yet? Every bizarre accusation out of their (collective) mouths is a confession.

Q: Are they this oblivious to what they've made of themselves?
A: Why, YES. Yes the ARE. A slap to the face won't do for the land of the lost.

WTF are you talking about? The evangelicals are pushing for war simply because they think that Jesus wil return if there is one and the Catholics are fighting birth control and at the same time paying claims for child abuse cases. What part of Christianity is this anyway?

Old 02-24-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I don't think Jesus would hate anybody.
Jesus had plenty of rebuke for a good deal of behavior. Naming the behaviors would be constructive.

Quote:
Christians believe that He died for the sins of the world.
Yes, he did.
Quote:
How could a person die for someone he hated?
How could the very individuals he was dying for perpetuate their own sins by being the blood thirsty crowd clamoring for his murder? Jews have regularly been scapegoated for the behavior I've witnessed in the fringes of every Christian denomination. These are false (c)hristians instigating strife and selling armament to all sides surely as there exist false (j)ews cashing out their heritage for the opportunity to prey upon their own. Bernie Madeoff was a (j)ew in name only. His deeds are 100% rebuked by true Judaism. Mel Gibson is no Christian as he avoids himself in the mirror and points his bony finger of denial convicting Jews for his own abysmal failures as a human being. Self deception is the nemesis of all humanity. Not restricted to one group or another. Applicable to all.

Quote:
There is quite simply too much hatred among self-professed Christians today. Jesus would find it disgusting.
Bolded portion: Why are you giving them credit for what their own deeds have failed to materialize to justify the label "Christian"? How about you and I start walking around declaring ourselves the Queen of England? What's another adjective for Fred Phelps, who is neither true religious, nor competent enough to practice law? I have more respect for self declared Satanists than I do for false (c)hristians, false (j)ews, false (b)udhists lying through their teeth.

Jesus stated a good deal of evil would be wrongfully done in his name. And when it's being done on a national theater claiming rights to represent huge swaths of people real Christians (those walking their talk) ought to remain silent? Is it sufficient to shun them when they behave as predators within denominations wheedling their way into positions of authority? The Catholic flock feels otherwise about pedophile priests. When conniving individuals abuse the host nation hiding behind their cloak of 'religious freedom'?

Hitler's hijack of religion, the whole hog embrace of 'chosen child' theology that he incredulously accused all others of, was NOT acceptable to me, or any other Christian worth their salt. It was not acceptable to Jews who had debunked chosen child theology as well. Sociopaths in Mississippi burning crosses were opposite of true religious practice. "Supremacy" theology is men worshiping themselves at the expense of their maker. It's not religion at all. It's a CULT. And when that cult his hiding behind a cloak of "orthodox", it's still a cult.

This lunatic fringe you're repulsed by equally repulses me, however, we aren't naming them when they hide behind uniforms in false representation. If Newt Gingrich had to spend one day walking the shoes of a Catholic it would scare 50 yrs off him. Atheists trot out Jim Jones as an example of religion and utterly ignore the TRUE Catholic, Congressman Leo Ryan, who died in the line of duty trying to save his constituents from a madman. It's a disgrace in American culture that promotes Jim Jones to icon status and makes a mockery of Congressman Leo Ryan.

So, America, how much do you know about what the real deal looks like? Or are you all too content to settle on chick tract definitions?
Leo Ryan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you really believe "AHnold" is Catholic? Or is he just another Bernie Madeoff posing in pews worshiping himself 'networking'? Meanwhile, REAL Christians go about their humble lives holding up civilization for the privilege of having a knife thrust in their back by weasels posing as legitimate religion and 'real' Americans (misnomer for people who prefer anarchy) cheering on the faux politi-religious mafia representing them. Enough is enough.

There really ought to be music superimposed on republican primary debates going on about their religious righteousness. Something along the lines of, oh, say... Will the real slim shady please stand up?

Old 02-24-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
WTF are you talking about? The evangelicals are pushing for war simply because they think that Jesus wil return if there is one and the Catholics are fighting birth control and at the same time paying claims for child abuse cases. What part of Christianity is this anyway?
And Whiskey Tango Foxtrot are you talking about when I'm a practicing Catholic adamantly AGAINST the abuses of free society/ governance the Vatican is promoting claiming themselves 'victims' of America? Indeed, what part of Christianity is involved when coercion and power plays are primary tools and teaching/ leading by positive example is the least tool used in their drawer? What <alleged> principles are involved in that 'leadership style'?

Old 02-24-2012, 01:05 PM

Oh, and one more thing... this habit of crying wolf 24/7 for years is priming people to be deaf for the day when real Christians are persecuted. And they are, by faux (c)hristians on a regular basis even prior to the Bible being laid down in ink.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:26 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is best to study the word, and see if a particular teaching is Christian, and mormonism fails the test, and that is why I am in agreement with Graham. Or are you trying to suggest that you have the final word?
Who are you to criticize the Mormon religion when you criticize many Christians .

Obama fed himself with Liberation theology which is a religion which is sadly shaped in resentment and division of the races .

The Mormon religion believes in Jesus as savior without resentment and division. God will welcome those who are rooted in the spirit of Christ to love and not divide or resent.

My first black friend I had, I met in bible school at a very young age. I often pray for that friend though the years as the spirit of my first black friend was of a very Godly nature. I was blessed to meet my first black friend.God does not see color as one being less or more as he made us all.

How can one forget Martin Luther King and his Godly wisdom when we are not to judge by the color but by the character.

Old 02-24-2012, 04:28 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Oh, and one more thing... this habit of crying wolf 24/7 for years is priming people to be deaf for the day when real Christians are persecuted. And they are, by faux (c)hristians on a regular basis even prior to the Bible being laid down in ink.
Walk a mile in Jesus's shoes as he was persecuted daily as he was just talking about the Word of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies