Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 11:16 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,503,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Their intention is to kill us. Food is an effective weapon for that purpose. Destroy all small producers, and what's left is the corporate machine producing Monsanto Frankenstein poison.

This is the singularly greatest issue facing mankind today ... forget the banker created financial crisis ... forget terrorism and security .... the food chain is under attack by these psychopathic monsters and their GMO weapons of mass destruction.
Keep your fear mongering on topic. This is about Pasteurization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 11:21 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,367,910 times
Hope them tyrants stay away from my neck of the woods since I do a good bit of buying and trading at farmers markets/auctions. At times we have too many eggs and it is nice to take them to the auction/market to unload. That is what is so nice about it you can take what ever you have in surplus and exchange for crop/eggs that you have shortage. Ah, the real free market and maybe that is what they are attacking them dam Amish/small farmers do not have lobbyist seeking advantage.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:22 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by konraden View Post
keep your fear mongering on topic. This is about pasteurization.
E-S-A-D .... the topic is about the attack on clean food produced by small farmers.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:28 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times
This is corporate fascism at it's finest. The commerce clause is continually used to club people over the head.

Pasteurization was once a big issue when people had less sanitary conditions and things sat around in the heat, but w/ modernization this has become a ridiculous crusade.

People should have a right to buy unpasteurized milk products. The US govt agencies are a bit crazy about this.

Taxpayer dollars at work.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:32 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
I looked into the case a few weeks ago. The farmer was (is) selling unpasteurized milk to clients out-of-state. It violates federal regulations concerning raw-milk (since it is now an interstate). It's covered under interstate commerce clause.

He tried to circumvent the laws by having his clients become shareholders of his cows, but a judge saw through it--obviously.

The argument isn't "big government suppressing the little guy," it's a question about the legality of federal regulation on foodstuffs, or in this particular case--raw milk.

FDA on Raw Milk

We entrust the government to regulate food products and enforce laws to keep them from being contaminated with harmful substances, like E. Coli. The farmer is engaged in interstate commerce. He has to follow federal regulations.

You can have a discussion regarding the merits of processes v. raw milk, because that's really what this is about. I don't think milk producers would be to kind to the idea that they would have to label their raw-milk products with a sticker that says "this product may be carrying harmful bacteria: drink at your own risk."
I didn't read about that part. Then yes, he is breaking the law by selling to out of state "cow owners".

Old 02-25-2012, 11:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Are there any recent statistics on illnesses or deaths from the sale of raw milk by small dairy farmers ?
With the increased crackdown and sting operations you would have to think there is a "health" reason and not political or financial.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:35 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,149,703 times
John stosell of fox news did a program yesterday called "everything illegal" if you people have a chance to watch it, do so. It was very disturbing. Basically it was showing how everything is over regulated. How little by little we are losing our freedoms. How little kids in some cities can't even open lemonade stands without the police shutting them down because they don't have permits. One guy was put in jail for six years for importing seafood. They put him in jail for not packaging it right. It talked about how the Gestapo police in this country arrest people for video taping them making arrest. One lady was standing in her own yard taping a arrest. The police tried to intimidate her and make her go inside, we she refused they arrested her. People in this country need to wake up.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:37 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Are there any recent statistics on illnesses or deaths from the sale of raw milk by small dairy farmers ?
With the increased crackdown and sting operations you would have to think there is a "health" reason and not political or financial.

The EXACT OPPOSITE:

CDC : Pasteurized Milk 150 Times More Contaminated With Blood, Pus and Feces Than Fresh Milk

CDC : Pasteurized Milk 150 Times More Contaminated With Blood, Pus and Feces Than Fresh Milk | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty (http://www.dailypaul.com/216057/cdc-pasteurized-milk-150-times-more-contaminated-with-blood-pus-and-feces-than-fresh-milk - broken link)

Old 02-25-2012, 11:38 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Illnesses? Lots. I"ve posted some links before. I'll direct you to a search. I"m tired of googling the same stuff over and over.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:38 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times
iirc this farmer was lulled into the cross state lines by the undercovers. He was trying to be accommodating. I don't think he was selling a large quantity of milk, if any out of state.

Either way it is overstepping in my view and really shows the peril of the "nose under the tent". The Commerce Clause has been really stretched for some serious power plays. Obamacare is just one of those.

I think a recent increase is due to the 2011 bill passed. There were so many scary bills attempting to be passed my head was spinning. This of course means federal funding at the expense of taxpayers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FDA_Fo...ernization_Act

http://www.naturalnews.com/030986_fo...y_farmers.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies