Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2012, 10:22 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,847,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Irrelevant to my point. The point is the organizational means to "witch hunt" those who do not fit the expected mold of the government or societal ideal.
"Witch hunt" would be my description of a mob willing to point at a person and call him/her a sinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 01:28 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,964,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
"Witch hunt" would be my description of a mob willing to point at a person and call him/her a sinner.
Then you redefine the meaning to fit your subjective use.

A witch hunt specifically targets and goes after the accused to render judgement and punishment.

Calling another a sinner is simply an acknowledgement of a particular religious beliefs views, an opinion or such.

Those who would confuse the two so easily betray their motive.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:35 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,194,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
ROFL..and just how are they going to enforce that ?
The police?

Okay, maybe the church police?

The school police? The home school police? The home school church police?

ROFLMAO....

Mircea

Old 02-28-2012, 01:42 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, you have made no point other than it is the states responsibility to teach values and religious schools shouldn't teach religion. 2 very bizarre positions. Although you have introduced a new nonsense thought. Only you can define what is religious teachings.

You don't even know the church's teaching on homosexuality.you do realize the church does not teach that being a homosexual is a sin.

Again you are the only person in this discussion showing bigotry and intolerance. But what do you expect from someone who doesn't recognize state intrusion as a problem?
I've read all of BruSan's comments and they are basically summarized as, only the State has the authority to tell children what morals and ethics to follow, to hell with parents.

The problem most atheists seem to have is that they assume all Christians are like the Westboro ones that are extremely few in number.

Liberals usually are the most bigoted people, but they try to hide their bigotry behind the "tolerance and open-mindedness" banner especially when it comes to "marriage equality" and a "woman's right to choose"

Old 02-28-2012, 01:43 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,130,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Homeschooling families can't teach homosexuality a sin in class, says Alberta govt:

"Under Alberta’s new Education Act, homeschoolers and faith-based schools will not be permitted to teach that homosexual acts are sinful as part of their academic program, says the spokesperson for Education Minister Thomas Lukaszuk. 'Whatever the nature of schooling – homeschool, private school, Catholic school – we do not tolerate disrespect for differences,' Donna McColl, Lukaszuk’s assistant director of communications, told LifeSiteNews on Wednesday evening."

Is this where we're headed in the United States?

No. Next inane question...

Old 02-28-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Then you redefine the meaning to fit your subjective use.

A witch hunt specifically targets and goes after the accused to render judgement and punishment.

Calling another a sinner is simply an acknowledgement of a particular religious beliefs views, an opinion or such.

Those who would confuse the two so easily betray their motive.
No, I'm simply re-using an idea, with consistency. The only difference between accusing one of witch craft and another of being a sinner, is the accusation, "the crime", itself.

Why do some people feel the need to point fingers at others and call them sinners or witches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
ROFL..and just how are they going to enforce that ?
Some kids might have an issue with such idiocy, for example.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:29 PM

398 posts, read 819,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Strange how it's conservatives running the show up here and even they see keeping this "Homosexuality is a sin" crap out of our schools is the right, correct and christian thing to do.

Teaching intolerance in the school system will be your undoing folks. Young minds grow up to be resentful minds if they discover after they've matured, you've been feeding them bullcrap.

What about teaching intolerance for religious beliefs, such as you are trying to convince us is all right to do?

Old 02-28-2012, 02:54 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,513,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badland wonder View Post
What about teaching intolerance for religious beliefs, such as you are trying to convince us is all right to do?
Another one who can't read. Nowhere have I stated there should be ANY teaching of intolerance towards religion in general.

Brother, you people! I am not intolerant of religion nor am I propsing any intolerance towards religion be taught anywhere.

REALLLY SLLLOOOWWW NOW, so you can read what I'm saying.

Religious biogotry or intolerance such as that displayed with the "Homeosexulaiy is a sin" crap should not be taught in schools under the guise of religious beliefs.

Don't any of you understand that religion has been and will continue to be taught in schools in Canada with no objection from anyone UNTIL they begin to preach hate or intolerance about a readily identifiable group or minority.

Please re-read the thread.

I object to the particular teachings of anyone, using the cover of religion, to propose hate or intolerance towards any identifiable group or minority.

I really don't know how to make this any plainer for your quantum-leaping reading into posts things I am not writing.

If you folks I'm encountering on here are an example of the religious right down there then I would indeed suggest the words zealotry, xenophobia and many other would be appropriate to describe your condition.

You see, I don't believe those such as yourselves are religious at all. Yep, you have the cross on your garage door and the fish on your bumper and attend church, and perhaps even a bible in your glove compartment, but your beliefs are those of sanctimony only and do not jibe with anything the Lord sacrifced his son for. All those sins you want to burden young minds with have already been forgiven and lest you've forgotten your scripture, your harping about them is contrary to everything he wants us to believe. Religion is about love, understanding and compassion. It's not about using it as a tool to further your personal agendas of intolerance and hatred.

Children are called innocent for a reason. those such as yourself would find it acceptable to begin programming them with fear and hatred towards their fellow human beings. The really sad part is, you can't even see that.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:01 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Another one who can't read. Nowhere have I stated there should be ANY teaching of intolerance.

Brother, you people! I am not intolerant of religion nor am I propsing any intolerance towards religion be taught anywhere.

REALLLY SLLLOOOWWW NOW, so you can read what I'm saying.

Religious biogotry or intolerance such as that practiced with the "Homeosexulaiy is a sin" crap should not be taught in schools.

Don't any of you understand that religion has been and will continue to be taught in schools in Canada with no objection from anyone UNTIL they begin to preach hate or intolerance about a readily identifiable group or mninority.

Please re-read the thread.

I object to the particular teachings of anyone, using the cover of religion, to propose hate or intolerance towards any identifiable group or minority.

I really don't know how to make this any plainer for your quantum-leaping reading into posts things I am not writing.

If you folks I'm encountering on here are an example of the religious right down there then I would indeed suggest the words zealotry, xenophobia and many other would be appropriate to describe your condition.

You see, I don't believe those such as yourselves are religious at all. Yep, you have the cross on your garage door and the fish on your bumper and attend church but your beliefs are those of sanctimony only and do not jibe with anything the Lord sacrifced his son for. All those sins you want to burden young minds with have already been forgiven and lest you've forgotten your scripture, your harping about them is contrary to everything he wants us to believe. Religion is about love, understanding and compassion. It's not about using it as a tool to further your personal agendas of intolerance and hatred.

Children are called innocent for a reason. those such as yourself would find it acceptable to begin programming them with fear and hatred towards their fellow human beings. The really sad part is, you can't even see that.
So, basically, you are saying that parents should not have the authority to bring up their children and only the State has moral authority? And you keep incorrectly stating that Christianity teaches bigotry towards homosexuals.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So, basically, you are saying that parents should not have the authority to bring up their children and only the State has moral authority? And you keep incorrectly stating that Christianity teaches bigotry towards homosexuals.
If true, this makes for a non-issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies