Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 07:54 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,421,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
It doesn't refute that premise at all. Sexual orientation is a matter of degree. Just as some people are right handed, some left handed, and some ambidextrous...some people are gay, some are straight, and some bisexual.
And some believe in God...maybe they were born that way. An inherent belief instilled by his creator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 07:58 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
And some believe in God...maybe they were born that way. An inherent belief instilled by his creator.
Uh, now you did. Some crazed Canadian is going to start attacking you!

Old 02-27-2012, 08:27 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Uh, now you did. Some crazed Canadian is going to start attacking you!
Only if he suggests that Canadian public or religious schools should teach homosexuality is a sin.

Strangley though I don't believe he would agree with your adjectives of Hate and attacking to describe my to and fro with you.That is your attempt at deflection of facts in evidence through these posts for all to read. You hit me some grounders and now you're surprised I managed to field them and get them to second base to head you off; tough is the word you used, so suck it up butter cup.

This has absolutely nothing to do with God, a devine being, or creator but rather indoctrination, these are young minds we're talking about, not old enough to vote, drink, drive, or stay out after 11 PM but they should all be indoctrinated with what constitutes a sin by you adults, I think not. They will be given that teaching if and when they decide to voluntarily attend a church of their choosing when they so desire.

It is none of my business what you think is appropriate to teach young minds in your schools but when referencing Canada and suggesting we are name calling and filled with hate for our government refusing to allow intolerance to be taught in our schools well, then you should expect rebuttals.

Does this seem reasonable to most or not?

Old 02-28-2012, 04:31 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,758,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Only if he suggests that Canadian public or religious schools should teach homosexuality is a sin.

Strangley though I don't believe he would agree with your adjectives of Hate and attacking to describe my to and fro with you.That is your attempt at deflection of facts in evidence through these posts for all to read. You hit me some grounders and now you're surprised I managed to field them and get them to second base to head you off; tough is the word you used, so suck it up butter cup.

This has absolutely nothing to do with God, a devine being, or creator but rather indoctrination, these are young minds we're talking about, not old enough to vote, drink, drive, or stay out after 11 PM but they should all be indoctrinated with what constitutes a sin by you adults, I think not. They will be given that teaching if and when they decide to voluntarily attend a church of their choosing when they so desire.

It is none of my business what you think is appropriate to teach young minds in your schools but when referencing Canada and suggesting we are name calling and filled with hate for our government refusing to allow intolerance to be taught in our schools well, then you should expect rebuttals.

Does this seem reasonable to most or not?
See, the raving is back. This is what passes for discourse among the haters. Religion, makes 'em nuts.

He actual thinks he made some points. All he can do is claim that people of faith are indoctrinated. This poor lost soul has no clue. The only intolerance exhibited in his thread has been by those who fear what religion has to offer. In his mind parents should not pass any values onto their children, that's the state's job. Look at his extremist position. He believes religious schools should not teach religion.

The poster fears ideas that are different from his. He can't make a coherent argument against it, so he must shut down their ability to speak at all costs. Because he disagrees with a position, he must demonize those who hold that position. This is the slippery slope to totalitarianism.

This poster is doing the equivalent of sticking his fingers in his ears and screaming. It's all he can do, the very thought of religion causes him to become unhinged. The intolerance is truly fascinating, and pathological.

Cheers!

Old 02-28-2012, 04:36 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Their country. Their business how they run their schools.
Yes but they're right next door to us and the libs in the US will be going full speed to get it going in the US.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
See, the raving is back. This is what passes for discourse among the haters. Religion, makes 'em nuts.

He actual thinks he made some points. All he can do is claim that people of faith are indoctrinated. This poor lost soul has no clue. The only intolerance exhibited in his thread has been by those who fear what religion has to offer. In his mind parents should not pass any values onto their children, that's the state's job. Look at his extremist position. He believes religious schools should not teach religion.

The poster fears ideas that are different from his. He can't make a coherent argument against it, so he must shut down their ability to speak at all costs. Because he disagrees with a position, he must demonize those who hold that position. This is the slippery slope to totalitarianism.

This poster is doing the equivalent of sticking his fingers in his ears and screaming. It's all he can do, the very thought of religion causes him to become unhinged. The intolerance is truly fascinating, and pathological.

Cheers!
You have a problem separating wheat from chaff my friend.

"Poor lost soul". My, but you're a patronizing person very unbefitting your self characterization of being a christian. You are the very epitome of the classic zealot. Your attempt to characterize me as a deaf screamer is akin to the "pot calling the kettle black".

I have made no such claim that "people of faith" are indoctrinated. I have however indicated very clearly that any attempts for "people of faith" to teach "homosexuality is a sin" to children in a schoolroom setting is nothing but Indoctrination. Please stop your deflecting and floundering around.

A coherrant argument for or against something does not come guised as indoctrination. You wish to classify whole segmants of your society as being sinful and I'm suggesting the schoolroom is not the place to do that.

I fear nothing from the likes of yourself as you've been attempting to gain traction for centuries and thankfully common sense has prevailed over zealotry at every juncture for eons.

Nowhere have I said Religious schools cannot teach religion. I have complete abhorrance over your definition of religion including those definitions of what is sinful being drummed into them at such an early age.

Nowhere have I said parents cannot teach their children religion in a home setting.

Nowhere have I claimed the "state" should muzzle the teaching of religion. I have however, stated plainly that the inclusion of homosexuality being mentioned as sinful to young people in a schoolroom setting is abhorrant and presenting intolerance and should be prohibited!

Totalitarionism? You need to look up the definition and you would find that those countries that have nothing but religious zealotry running the show are the very worst of the lot.

We're talking about children!

Religious bigotry and zealotry have no place in the Canadian public school system, end of story!

Why can you not wait for these formative minds to develope the ability to reason and mature a bit before attempting to fill their heads with your "it's a sin" garbage?

You have totally ignored the points I've made of teaching, preaching influencing people with religious tenets is fine for adults who have the ability to reason and make mature choices but, NOT for pre-pubescent children. Your mindless attempts to pull it back into "but we gotta catch 'em when they're young" simply serves to reinforce my description of INDOCTRINATION being what you're all about. Now that's "pathological".

Last edited by BruSan; 02-28-2012 at 07:50 AM..

Old 02-28-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Yes but they're right next door to us and the libs in the US will be going full speed to get it going in the US.
Strange how it's conservatives running the show up here and even they see keeping this "Homosexuality is a sin" crap out of our schools is the right, correct and christian thing to do.

Teaching intolerance in the school system will be your undoing folks. Young minds grow up to be resentful minds if they discover after they've matured, you've been feeding them bullcrap.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:29 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,955,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Curriculum inspections? Interviews with students?

SS investigations, Hitlers youth league, etc... Oh wait... different era.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:49 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
SS investigations, Hitlers youth league, etc... Oh wait... different era.
Except that Hitler would be rewarding those who would point at "sinners". The Nazis had a special uniform for these sinners.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:51 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Not really, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies