Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2012, 11:31 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I don't have a problem, until you start avoiding what you injected into the discussion. Do you want to reconsider and make it a point again? Feel free.

It establishes the concept of "God" in governance. US Constitution was designed to be ALL inclusive, not some exclusive. Besides, you do realize that no all religions abide by "one" God and may have multitude of them. No?
Again you are making no sense. What have I interjected that was wrong? Europe is homogeneous, and they have issues with dealing with the limited diversity. If you think I was making some other point, spell it out.

Huh? The constitution is fairly clear on seperation of church and state. This phrase doesn't violate it. If you think it does take it up with SCOTUS..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 11:42 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Again you are making no sense. What have I interjected that was wrong? Europe is homogeneous, and they have issues with dealing with the limited diversity. If you think I was making some other point, spell it out.

Huh? The constitution is fairly clear on seperation of church and state. This phrase doesn't violate it. If you think it does take it up with SCOTUS..
Okay, so we're back with significance of "homogenous society". I must then repeat my previously asked question: How do you define it? Is it good, or a bad thing in your opinion?

Next, the constitution is clear about separation of church and state. So, why this element of religiosity? Is it not excluding those who believe in "Gods"? Is it not excluding those who do not believe in "God"? You see, it is unconstitutional because it is instilling an element of religion in the state. The idea in the constitution is to keep religiosity OUT of state. A complete separation of any such rhetoric. But, is it possible?

Why else do you think it is the Christian fundamentalists who organize against any such notion?

Old 02-27-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Okay, so we're back with significance of "homogenous society". I must then repeat my previously asked question: How do you define it? Is it good, or a bad thing in your opinion?

Next, the constitution is clear about separation of church and state. So, why this element of religiosity? Is it not excluding those who believe in "Gods"? Is it not excluding those who do not believe in "God"? You see, it is unconstitutional because it is instilling an element of religion in the state. The idea in the constitution is to keep religiosity OUT of state. A complete separation of any such rhetoric. But, is it possible?

Why else do you think it is the Christian fundamentalists who organize against any such notion?
You're kidding right? We have been through this. Do you know what homogeneous means? There is only one way to define it as far as I know. I have repeated many times heterogeneous societies are superior. If you can find anytime I have said anything other, I'd like to know.

You really have no understanding of the constitution, I suggest you read it. With respect to religion it prohibits the state from establishing a religion or inhibiting the practice of religion. The mere mention of God is not unconstitutional. As a matter of fact you will find reference to the diety in the actual document!

Old 02-27-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
You're kidding right? We have been through this. Do you know what homogeneous means? There is only one way to define it as far as I know. I have repeatedly may the maim it is superior to heterogeneous societies. If you can find anytime I have said anything other, I'd like to know.
Please define. I don't want to assume. Thank you.

Quote:
You really have no understanding of the constitution, I suggest you read it. With respect to religion it prohibits the state from establishing a religion or inhibiting the practice of religion.
Your drivel against Sharia Law, by making laws is just that. You see, I not only have a decent understanding of the constitution, I can also apply it and usually to the tantrums of those who speak way too much of "(un)constitutionality".

Did you know that the government writing laws targeting specific religion would be unconstitutional? Now you should.

Quote:
The mere mention of God is not unconstitutional. As a matter of fact you will find reference to the diety in the actual document!
Where? Quote the US Constitution please. Thanks.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Please define. I don't want to assume. Thank you.

Your drivel against Sharia Law, by making laws is just that. You see, I not only have a decent understanding of the constitution, I can also apply it and usually to the tantrums of those who speak way too much of "(un)constitutionality".

Did you know that the government writing laws targeting specific religion would be unconstitutional? Now you should.

Where? Quote the US Constitution please. Thanks.
As I suspected you don't know the meaning.

url=http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homogeneous]Homogeneous - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary[/url]

Any other words you need help with?

Too funny you know about as much about the constitution as you do vocabulary. I've done enough work for you for the day.

Now go read the constitution.

I'm helping because I'm nice.

"On November 12, 2010, in a unanimous decision,[33] the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit in Boston affirmed a ruling by a New Hampshire lower federal court which found that the pledge's reference to God doesn't violate students' rights.[34] A United States Supreme Court appeal of this decision was denied on June 13, 2011.[35][36]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance

Now run along.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:59 AM

2,965 posts, read 3,533,700 times
Quote:
You're kidding right? We have been through this. Do you know what homogeneous means? There is only one way to define it as far as I know. I have repeated many times heterogeneous societies are superior. If you can find anytime I have said anything other, I'd like to know.

You really have no understanding of the constitution, I suggest you read it. With respect to religion it prohibits the state from establishing a religion or inhibiting the practice of religion. The mere mention of God is not unconstitutional. As a matter of fact you will find reference to the diety in the actual document!
The possible restrictions on liberty scare me.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
The possible restrictions on liberty scare me.
It should.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
As I suspected you don't know the meaning.

url=http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homogeneous]Homogeneous - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary[/url]

Any other words you need help with?
Yes, "homogeneous" as you apply to society and why it works or doesn't work. Your attempt to provide a link didn't go in futility... it did tell me that you can post links.

Quote:
Now go read the constitution.

I'm helping because I'm nice.

"On November 12, 2010, in a unanimous decision,[33] the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit in Boston affirmed a ruling by a New Hampshire lower federal court which found that the pledge's reference to God doesn't violate students' rights.[34] A United States Supreme Court appeal of this decision was denied on June 13, 2011.[35][36]"

Pledge of Allegiance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now run along.
So, your idea of US Constitution is... the Pledge of Allegiance.

Great! I was expecting it to be "Declaration of Independence". You disappointed me.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Yes, "homogeneous" as you apply to society and why it works or doesn't work. Your attempt to provide a link didn't go in futility... it did tell me that you can post links.

So, your idea of US Constitution is... the Pledge of Allegiance.

Great! I was expecting it to be "Declaration of Independence". You disappointed me.
Too funny. So now you know what homogeneous is, so you recognize why everyone was confused what you were driving at.

As I told you, I was done helping you, you need to read the Constitution yourself. But as you are our resident constitutional scholar, I nicely pointed out to you that despite your assurance of the opposite. Under God is indeed constitutional.

Now run along and do your assignment.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:32 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,213,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
Bisexuals and bisexuality refute your premise that gays are born that way.
Well as a gay person I guess I just blew your mind away - because I'm standing here right now and I was born this way. I certainly didn't "choose" it anymore than you "chose" to be straight.

It's silly to sit in 2012 and debate if gay people decide to be gay or are born gay. JUST ASK THEM. Or if you want it even easier - just ask yourself if you were born straight or if you decided that you wanted to be straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies