Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 08:00 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
No. People have been terminating pregnancies from the time pregnancies started. Get used to it. The abortion laws give women the right to decide whether or not they wish to carry a child to term. It gives her the right to decide whether she wants to have a child, or another child.

When you decide abortions are illegal it doesn't stop them, it just makes it illegal and more women and girls die at the hands of those willing to break the law.

NO ONE ELSE should be able to decide that for her. Get it. NO ONE. Not you. Not her partner. NO ONE.

If you don't want an abortion -- don't have one. Leave other's bodies and lives alone.
Exactly! And girl pregnancies are in general more expendable than boy pregnacies. Even in the US, there is a cultural preference for boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
They do nothing to support woman who choose to carry children to term.
Thinking About Adoption
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 08:01 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I am not American, any American mother might name such organizations and programs.

I am myself pro-choice, but I am happy whenever women decide against an abortion. So much for pro-choice = pro-abortion
Especially since I am a man, I feel like I have no right to tell women what to do.
Ok please point to any institutions (othere than government) in your country that supports a womens decision to carry a pregnancy to term.

Your "feelings" are irrelevent. it is actions that matter. What do you do to help a women make a bone fide choice? If you do nothing to provide balance to the myriad of abortion opitons available, you are defacto pro abortion, not pro choice.

Being a man is irrelevent. When minorities kill minorities, it is still my business even though I am not a minority.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:01 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Murder - The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

Legally, abortion is not murder.

Realistically, abortion is murder.

And millions of women fit the realistic definition of a murderer.
There are various conditions and exceptions, murder is quite a complex crime.
Just because you feel like abortion is murder doesn't mean it is. There are legal experts, biologists, etc. discussing these issues because they are so complicated.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Exactly! And girl pregnancies are in general more expendable than boy pregnacies. Even in the US, there is a cultural preference for boys.

Thinking About Adoption

That is hardly compelling. I am sure you would not event try to claim that planned parenthood who spends nearly the time and money on services for woman who plan to have babies as they do on abortion. It is not even close.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
So you're thinking is because people want to have boys more then girls, that when the sex can be determined earlier that abortions of girls will happen more and more often? And this equates to people in third world countries, and China, who kill their child because they aren't born boys?
When the government limits you to how many children you can have, then yes, parents are choosing to abort girls.

It's not opinion but fact because it's happening in countries that need to control their population growth.

You cannot have infinite population growth in a finite world.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:08 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
In the third world, unwanted baby girls 'disappear’. It’s called gendercide. And it’s happening in this country, too - Telegraph

"A woman who was 12 weeks pregnant had an appointment with the Calthorpe Clinic and explained to a doctor that she and her partner wished to terminate the pregnancy because they “don’t want a girlâ€. A certain Dr Raj responded, “That’s not fair. It’s like female infanticide, isn’t it?†"

Can you imagine if there were genetic testing for sexual orientation? Abortion (or the test) would be banned tomorrow.
Please there is no such thing as "pro abortion" many on the left are anti abortion for their own reasons but chose to stay out of other people business and leave the choice up to them.
If only "pro lifers" would just mind their own business.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:08 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Ok please point to any institutions (othere than government) in your country that supports a womens decision to carry a pregnancy to term.

Your "feelings" are irrelevent. it is actions that matter. What do you do to help a women make a bone fide choice? If you do nothing to provide balance to the myriad of abortion opitons available, you are defacto pro abortion, not pro choice.

Being a man is irrelevent. When minorities kill minorities, it is still my business even though I am not a minority.
Why do you exclude government? They help people in need. If a woman wants to have a child and for whatever reason needs help, she will get it from our social security or similar systems. And there are other organizations as well, for instance the red cross, the church...

I do help them by paying my taxes and social security contributions, with which those institutions finance mothers in need.

What does that have to do with minorities?! All I am saying is that being a man I am not in the position to tell women what to do. It should be women sorting these issues out, after all there are pro-choice and pro-life women, and female legal experts and biologists etc.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Why do you exclude government? They help people in need. If a woman wants to have a child and for whatever reason needs help, she will get it from our social security or similar systems. And there are other organizations as well, for instance the red cross, the church...

I do help them by paying my taxes and social security contributions, with which those institutions finance mothers in need.

What does that have to do with minorities?! All I am saying is that being a man I am not in the position to tell women what to do. It should be women sorting these issues out, after all there are pro-choice and pro-life women, and female legal experts and biologists etc.

I exclude government because it isn't reflective of individual choices.

It has nothing to do with minorities, it is what is called and analogy. The point is you make decisions everyday (through your government) about people who you are not (woman, minorities, children etc.) why do you treat abortion so specially.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:18 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
I don't know anyone, liberal or conservative, who is pro-abortion. I know many people who are pro-choice, though. Do you understand the difference, OP?

Old 02-26-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I don't know anyone, liberal or conservative, who is pro-abortion. I know many people who are pro-choice, though. Do you understand the difference, OP?

I surely do, read the thread. If you can provide evidence of the left's commitment to woman who chose to carry a baby to term, I would be happy to review it. Surely there is no organization that recieves the level of support the abortion provider, Planned Parenthood does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies