Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2012, 04:54 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,148,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Dream on, the GOP is just about finished as we knew it.
And if the redistributive liberals keep control, the US is just about finished as we knew it... Keep biting the hand that feeds you and before long, you're gonna find that hand completely gone along with the cash it holds for all your ideas.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 04:55 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,487,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Cute. Two can play this little game. Can I try now?

Sorry, but reactionary conservative advocates are stuck in a box.

"IF" you supported every one of Obama's positions on policy for the future of America except for his pro-abortion stance, you'd still not vote for Obama.

I didn't come here to be nicey-nice. It's a theory that holds water. It's unfortunate that you are offended. But you've become a pawn of the Republican Party / Tea Party and they have YOU locked in.

See how that works?
"IF" I supported every one of Obama's positions on policy for the future of America and disagreed with his pro-abortion stance -- I would vote for Obama.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:09 AM

If I supported a Republican's positions on policy for the future of America and that candidate was pro-choice -- I'd vote for that candidate. Because I'm not joined at the hip to the abortion issue.

Feminists are inflexible and have only one choice when it comes to voting.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:15 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,380,177 times
Don't you bore even yourself repeating the same tired old falsehoods?

Old 03-10-2012, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Don't you bore even yourself repeating the same tired old falsehoods?
You can always change the channel.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:29 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,468,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
"IF" I supported every one of Obama's positions on policy for the future of America and disagreed with his pro-abortion stance -- I would vote for Obama.
Great. So why do you think that you could never find the inverse case to be true with any "progressive" women?

Old 03-10-2012, 05:30 AM

261 posts, read 357,854 times
I think the issue is that many people define feminism as being pro-abortion and think the only issue of importance is the ability to have an abortion.

Meanwhile these same "feminist" rely on the men in their lives to survive. In my experience they relied on their Dads in college and they are now stay at home moms who rely on their husbands in adulthood.

A woman looses all of my respect once she starts touting the "can't be free if you can't control your own body" line. Somehow I have been able to be free my entire adult life and have never had nor needed an abortion. See I am a true feminist who respects her body enough to tell someone to go take a flying leap if they don't want to use protection. I never felt pressure from men because I am a strong confident female and wouldn't put up with that pressure. I don't need a law to protect me, I know my worth and a man will appreciate it or they will take a hike. My husband appreciates it very much and has for over ten years.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:34 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,680,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
If I supported a Republican's positions on policy for the future of America and that candidate was pro-choice -- I'd vote for that candidate. Because I'm not joined at the hip to the abortion issue.

Feminists are inflexible and have only one choice when it comes to voting.
That same statement can be made about religious folks who vote only for anti-abortion candidates. I'm related to several of them--one of whom is pumping out kids faster than a gumball machine and is collecting WIC. It's God's will.

But these are all generalizations.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
That same statement can be made about religious folks who vote only for anti-abortion candidates. I'm related to several of them--one of whom is pumping out kids faster than a gumball machine and is collecting WIC. It's God's will.

But these are all generalizations.
Exactly right.

The same could be said. I agree with you. I think the Feminists far outnumber the religious right that you point to though. The ones who will not bend.

That also diminishes their ability to vote on other issues that might improve things in America.

Last edited by Yooperkat; 03-10-2012 at 05:51 AM..

Old 03-10-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Great. So why do you think that you could never find the inverse case to be true with any "progressive" women?
Would you vote for a candidate that was a staunch pro-lifer?

Can you think of any Progressive women that would?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies