Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 07:47 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,336,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Great. Where can I see the Republican plan to address healthcare costs? Is there a link?
*Sigh*, there were MANY. I seem to recall off the top of my head how liberals were protesting Whole Foods because its CEO, John Mackey, dared poke holes in the fallacy that Obamacare addressed health care costs. He had a lot of great suggestions that dems ignored. Idiots.
John Mackey: The Whole Foods Alternative to ObamaCare - WSJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 07:56 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,154,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
*Sigh*, there were MANY. I seem to recall off the top of my head how liberals were protesting Whole Foods because its CEO, John Mackey, dared poke holes in the fallacy that Obamacare addressed health care costs. He had a lot of great suggestions that dems ignored. Idiots.
John Mackey: The Whole Foods Alternative to ObamaCare - WSJ.com
I'm sorry-- so John Mackey-- the chairman of Whole Foods-- is the author of the official Republican plan to hold down health care costs.

He's a private citizen. I want to see the Republican plan. Shouldn't it be on the party web site?

I have a plan too-- Single payer, universal coverage for all citizens, permanent residents and legal guests of the US.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:58 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,502,845 times
Quote:
Revising down the number of workers projected to receive insurance coverage through an employer relative to the previous estimates, by between 3 million and 4 million in most years, leads to an increase in estimated revenues because a larger share of total compensation will take the form of taxable wages and salaries and a smaller share will be in the form of nontaxable health benefits. In addition, that revision increases the estimated number of employers who will be required to pay penalties. Finally, penalties collected from individuals who do not have health insurance are projected to increase because the number of individuals who will remain uninsured is now estimated to be higher than was estimated in March 2011.
http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...0Estimates.pdf

Old 03-13-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry-- so John Mackey-- the chairman of Whole Foods-- is the author of the official Republican plan to hold down health care costs.

He's a private citizen. I want to see the Republican plan. Shouldn't it be on the party web site?

I have a plan too-- Single payer, universal coverage for all citizens, permanent residents and legal guests of the US.
What part of adding more hungry mouths to a system increases its cost don't you understand?

Old 03-13-2012, 08:01 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,466,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 trillion over 10 yrs | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

Some smoke and mirrors for everyone. Can wait the hear about this on all the major networks.
I will be shocked if they report it. We all non obama worshipers knew this was going to happen and worse.
And if you want to really k now how Total Gov run healthcare is just check out an Indian reservation's Gov run healthcare it is horrific.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:

Are you really too lazy to do a 10 second google search?

http://www.gop.com/2008Platform/HealthCare.htm (broken link)

It's all the same stuff. The same stuff that you democrats poo-poo'd stupidly.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:02 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,466,168 times
Quote:

the conservative plan is Overturn obamacare! Null and Void it right out of law!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-13-2012, 08:03 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,154,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
What part of adding more hungry moths to a system increases its cost don't you understand?
Hungry moths? Sorry, I'm not familiar with the hungry moth theory of health care cost. But feel free to attempt condescension in the future.

By the way, the uninsured are already getting a modicum of health care-- in the most inefficient way possible. Visiting the emergency room costs 10x what a visit to the family doctor costs. So while we are adding "moths" to the system, we are also caring for those "moths" in a more efficient way.

Healthcare isn't a privilege for the rich or the luck-- it's a fundamental right.

What part of that don't YOU understand?

Old 03-13-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:

Healthcare isn't a privilege for the rich or the luck-- it's a fundamental right.

Endowed by whom?

Old 03-13-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Hungry moths? Sorry, I'm not familiar with the hungry moth theory of health care cost. But feel free to attempt condescension in the future.

By the way, the uninsured are already getting a modicum of health care-- in the most inefficient way possible. Visiting the emergency room costs 10x what a visit to the family doctor costs. So while we are adding "moths" to the system, we are also caring for those "moths" in a more efficient way.

Your attempt at humor is duly noted.

Show us the math. Show us that Medicare and Medicaide has brought down the cost of healthcare and made it more affordable since that's the basis for your argument that nationalizing healthcare will make it free and affordable?

In fact, show us another country of the same size that's done that, nationalize healthcare, and brought the cost down? Waiting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies