Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2012, 12:12 AM

836 posts, read 1,779,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Shouldn't both men and women protect themselves from an unwanted pregnancy?
They should. Yet, circumstances are very, very different... and CHOICE is allowed by law. Fortunately. Because, when outlawed, abortions are STILL performed in unsanitary and unregulated condition, resulting in many more deaths - not just of those potential children but also future mothers of many more future children, as well as loss of grown employees and tax payers, thus affecting economy, as well.
Quote:
If a pregnancy results from not doing so what is wrong with putting the unwanted baby up for adoption?
Nothing is wrong with that and it might be perfect solution. IF a person is willing to do that, and also, IF there is someone out there willing to adopt a future baby.
Frankly, under current circumstances, if all unwanted pregnancies were forced to be carried to term, there would not be enough adoptive parents, foster homes and finances to raise of those hypothetic kids! Hell, we can't even absorb as society and take care properly of those already born and "given up". And, if suddenly we did solve this issue, there are still millions of parentless kids in other countries around the world... are you willing to open your home for even three of four of them?

(to common argument: wouldn't "you" rather be given some chance of life vs being aborted when parents can't or don't want to raise you? - I answer: I would very much have preffered to BE aborted... then live in rathole, be abused, starved, etc, etc.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 12:24 AM

37,151 posts, read 42,250,817 times
Quote:
I disagree that having an abortion is taking responsibility for one's unprotected sex actions. IMO, she only is thinking of a quick fix for herself. Taking responsibility would be to allow the child to live and be adopted by loving parents.

I notice that a pro-lifer isn't entitled to an opinion in here without having insults hurled at them. I am entitled to my opinion just like you are and I am not attacking you personally as you are me for my opinion. That is how adults debate an issue. In truth, those who feel the need to get hostile defending their position don't have a viable one deep inside. Bye.
Nothing I said was insulting or hostile, just fact. Although being told to keep your knees shut never seems like a nice thing to say to me either.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:07 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,327,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
Sure...and sexism and ageism as well. I didn't say anything about stupidism but I'm definitely a stupidist too.
Which is why I'm no longer a conservative.
FYI, there is more to the Republican party than old white men and women and for you to stereotype them that way is ridiculous. It indicates that you are prejudiced against white, elderly Americans and perhaps all white Americans.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nothing I said was insulting or hostile, just fact. Although being told to keep your knees shut never seems like a nice thing to say to me either.
Maybe you should look up the word hostile in the dictionary. Where did I ever say that a woman should keep her knees shut? All I said is that if they don't want an unwanted pregnancy that they should protect themselves from it. If they fail to do so and a pregnancy is a result of it IMO an abortion is wrong. I am entitled to my opinion, aren't I? I am not telling them what to do just expressing my opinion. Why are pro-choicers so indignant when a pro-lifer expresses their opinion in here?

Old 03-18-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You have to admit, it is pro-lifers who want to "foist" their beliefs onto others through legislation. Pro-choicers are not trying to "foist" anything onto you.

Pro-choicers are not trying to force you to act according to their beliefs.... they are not trying to interfere with your choices. They are not trying to force you to act against your beliefs, they are not trying to force you to do anything against your will.

So, by default, you shouldn't be surprised that your opinions elicit negativity.
IMO, there are some so-called choices that shouldn't be allowed. Should a person be able to choose to murder, rape, steal, etc. and have it be acceptable and legal? No, because it negatively impacts the victim. What right do we have to end any life? Sure, abortion is "legal" nowadays but only because of loony liberals who are destroying the Christian principles that this country was founded on. Again, this is just my opinion. If you think pro-lifers are forcing their views on you then you aren't dealing in reality. Pro-lifers lost this battle when abortion became legal. Yet, the pro-choicers are still sniveling when a pro-lifer dares to still expresses an opinion against it. Sounds like the pro-choicers are still trying to make us agree with their point of view even though they have already won the battle.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:34 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
Maybe you should look up the word hostile in the dictionary. Where did I ever say that a woman should keep her knees shut? All I said is that if they don't want an unwanted pregnancy that they should protect themselves from it. If they fail to do so and a pregnancy is a result of it IMO an abortion is wrong. I am entitled to my opinion, aren't I? I am not telling them what to do just expressing my opinion. Why are pro-choicers so indignant when a pro-lifer expresses their opinion in here?
I didn't see any indignation....just people who don't hold your views and expressed THEIR opinion (loaded with FACTS)

You have stated your opinion and you have said 'bye"....and you're still here..???

Old 03-18-2012, 09:04 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,752,315 times
Quote:
FYI, there is more to the Republican party than old white men and women and for you to stereotype them that way is ridiculous. It indicates that you are prejudiced against white, elderly Americans and perhaps all white Americans.
Not at all. I am a white American woman, but a liberal.
As far as I can tell, only white American conservative women are prejudiced against themselves.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:32 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,139,991 times
Quote:
IMO, there are some so-called choices that shouldn't be allowed. Should a person be able to choose to murder, rape, steal, etc. and have it be acceptable and legal? No, because it negatively impacts the victim. What right do we have to end any life? Sure, abortion is "legal" nowadays but only because of loony liberals who are destroying the Christian principles that this country was founded on. Again, this is just my opinion. If you think pro-lifers are forcing their views on you then you aren't dealing in reality. Pro-lifers lost this battle when abortion became legal. Yet, the pro-choicers are still sniveling when a pro-lifer dares to still expresses an opinion against it. Sounds like the pro-choicers are still trying to make us agree with their point of view even though they have already won the battle.
Did you come here just to be offended? It seems like every post from you is a complaint about how butthurt you are because people have the audacity to disagree with you. It's hilarious too that you complain about people stereotyping conservatives, but all pro-lifers are all "Loony Liberals" (That's called "hypocrisy")

I told you before. I respect that you have your beliefs, but in my opinion, your beliefs are wrong.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:13 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,061,581 times
Quote:
Ummm......"loony liberals"?

I suggest you stop sniveling about people offending you and hurting your feelings. If you are going to dish it out you better be prepared to eat it.

And yes, I am dealing with reality when I say pro-lifers are trying to FORCE their views on others.

Hardly a day goes by without some conservative legislator introducing a bill that tries to skirt the intent of RoevWade. Just what is the intent of all of these Personhood Bills? Hmmm?

Given the chance, pro-lifers will repeal RoevWade and gladly force others to live by THEIR beliefs.....I know it and you know it.....quit trying to deny it.

Pro-choicers are not trying to force their beliefs on anyone. If you do not believe in abortion.....NO ONE is trying to talk you into or forcing you to have one.....you are completely free to live according to your beliefs......you, on the other hand, can't wait to take that freedom away from others.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:24 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,139,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Ummm......"loony liberals"?

I suggest you stop sniveling about people offending you and hurting your feelings. If you are going to dish it out you better be prepared to eat it.

And yes, I am dealing with reality when I say pro-lifers are trying to FORCE their views on others.

Hardly a day goes by without some conservative legislator introducing a bill that tries to skirt the intent of RoevWade. Just what is the intent of all of these Personhood Bills? Hmmm?

Given the chance, pro-lifers will repeal RoevWade and gladly force others to live by THEIR beliefs.....I know it and you know it.....quit trying to deny it.

Pro-choicers are not trying to force their beliefs on anyone. If you do not believe in abortion.....NO ONE is trying to talk you into or forcing you to have one.....you are completely free to live according to your beliefs......you, on the other hand, can't wait to take that freedom away from others.
Can't rep you again yet, but
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies