Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2012, 04:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
What was wrong with what I said?
It was personal and off topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 04:21 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
More scolding and shaming from the right from up on their high horse! Thank you so very much for taking the opportunity to wag your finger at others from your lofty perch. It's so very constructive, and it seems to be working out so well for you politically.
So instead of just insults why don't you tell me what is wrong with the suggestions that I posted? Shouldn't both men and women protect themselves from an unwanted pregnancy? If a pregnancy results from not doing so what is wrong with putting the unwanted baby up for adoption?

Old 03-17-2012, 04:21 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
If "recreational" sex is all they want
This? Also none of your business. No one owes you or anyone else an explanation for why they are F***ing.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:24 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,138,787 times
Quote:
So instead of just insults why don't you tell me what is wrong with the suggestions that I posted? Shouldn't both men and women protect themselves from an unwanted pregnancy? If a pregnancy results from not doing so what is wrong with putting the unwanted baby up for adoption?
Many choose to do so. Many do not. None of them owe you an explanation for their reasons. Pro-lifers would really like to believe that pro-choice women never actually have babies, despite the fact that it is one of their....(wait for it)...CHOICES.
And still none of your business.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:49 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,087,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Tom Corbett, Pennsylvania Governor, On Ultrasound Mandate: Just 'Close Your Eyes'

The republicans are gonna rue the day this november when women come out in droves to vote them out of office
As I said before..the ones who vote this in need a transanal sonogram..they will have to move their heads out of the way first tho'.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Many choose to do so. Many do not. None of them owe you an explanation for their reasons. Pro-lifers would really like to believe that pro-choice women never actually have babies, despite the fact that it is one of their....(wait for it)...CHOICES.
And still none of your business.
Was I addressing someone personally? No, I wasn't. So why the need for the snide remark "it is none of my business"? The lack of cvility in this topic is astounding from the pro-choicers. I merely made a suggestion to protect oneself from an unwanted pregnancy and if not then what is wrong with adoption rather than abortion? IMO, that should be their only choice but at least I stated my views civilly. The choice of the latter sure doesn't leave the unborn any choice but to die.

Old 03-17-2012, 04:59 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It was personal and off topic.
It wasn't meant to be personal and the person who I responded to took it off topic first.

She/he said that men make laws about women's hoo-hoos and I replied that men make laws about other men's rectums as well.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
This? Also none of your business. No one owes you or anyone else an explanation for why they are F***ing.
Again, you can't reply with civility. I never asked why they were having sex. I just suggested that they protect themselves from an unwanted pregnancy and to face the consquences if they didn't. IMO, civil opinion abortion should not be an option because it is destroying a life. That is how we pro-lifers view this. If you don't agree there is still no reason to get hostile about it.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:19 PM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Again, you can't reply with civility. I never asked why they were having sex. I just suggested that they protect themselves from an unwanted pregnancy and to face the consquences if they didn't. IMO, civil opinion abortion should not be an option because it is destroying a life. That is how we pro-lifers view this. If you don't agree there is still no reason to get hostile about it.
chicago, quigboto might not have expressed it how you wanted to hear the reason but there isn't really any other way to put it. it is none of your business or mine what a woman we don't know wants to do with her choice. her reasons for being pregnant, how often and why she has sex is also not up for discussion. most anti choicers always want to know info that is not up for discussion. as far as going through a pregnancy that you don't want only to adopt the baby out is not something most women who don't want to be pregnant are willing to do. some women view this suggestion as akin to being a breeder for people who are unable. just because you can get pregnant doesn't mean you are a breeder for others. women have a choice and it is her's alone

Old 03-17-2012, 05:19 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
I just suggested that they protect themselves from an unwanted pregnancy and to face the consquences if they didn't. IMO, civil opinion abortion should not be an option because it is destroying a life.
Women who have an unwanted pregnancy do face the consequences, quite clearly. Abrotion is one way of taking responsiblity for things whey they can't or won't take on the responsibility of a pregnancy or a child. Those who get abortions do not believe as you and it is not a life that matters as much as the life she is living. That is more important and we don't know who or what else depends on her and what effect a pregnancy or child would have on her so there is really no other voice in the matter.

As far as you or prolifers go it's no more your business as some strangers natural (or god's) miscarriage that wasn't meant to be. Everything else you dream up is fantasy.

You don't know who's pregnant or getting and abortion or having a miscarriage...So what is the battle about, the ultimate win, for have a bunch of unwanted babies being born for you, the woman or society at large? I can't think of one.

Last edited by Ceece; 03-17-2012 at 05:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies