Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2012, 06:54 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,393,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Care to back them up with data from planned parenthood? And if you use some right wing right to life site i will not even read it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Then remain ignorant.
So basically you are admitting that this can only be found on religious right wing nutjob propaganda websites?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 06:59 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Quote:
Geez, do you feel raped when you have your annual pap test?
No. But I don't feel raped when I have consensual sex either. I don't like having a pap though and don't know anyone who as one for the fun of it.
I trust my Dr to tell me what I need put inside my vagina for medical reasons, not politicians.

14,204 posts, read 12,290,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
So basically you are admitting that this can only be found on religious right wing nutjob propaganda websites?
WHen i look it up that's basically all i see it coming from. Basically whoever started the article claims when they called planned parenthood their automated system told them this. However it appears nowhere in any legitimate AP source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What facts? I asked you to prove with a viable link that doctors don't think that an abdominal sonogram is necessary before an abortion and a transvaginal sonogram is just a more accurate option of that and you never provided me with it. You've offered nothing but your views with no facts to back them up.

Here let me help you:

"The assessment process involves only a targeted history, physical examination, laboratory work, and ULTRASOUND (including dating of the pregnancy, if indicated) followed by a counseling session".

Abortion Causes, Symptoms, Treatment - Explanation of the Procedures on eMedicineHealth
"if indicated". Do you know what that means?

Old 03-16-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
?????

WHAT don't you get about "it's against their will if they do NOT want it and the law says they have to have it."

That's in very simple English!

But I'm picking up something.....do you think that when a doctor recommends a procedure you must OBEY him????

Well, ya don't.....you have a choice...CHOICE is good.....NO choice is bad.....was THAT simple enough!!!:rolle yes:
Perhaps she was raised to believe that women must obey men? Or to blindly do what she is told to do and ask no questions.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'm not going to seriously consider any medical procedure put forth by politicians and not the medical community itself. Nobody should.
Exactly. Whatever happened to "between doctor and patient" that the RW is so fond of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Okay so maybe the probes have changed in five years. My probe was NOT the size or smaller than a tampon. It was the size of a smallish, ummm, sexual aid. Truly. I saw that thing and thought "You're Kidding Me".
My probe was like that, too.

Quote:
No different than the instrument they insert for a pap test. Why would it be against their will when there is a medical reason for this procedure? It is much more accurate than an abdominal sonogram during pregnancy.
You're clueless if you think this is the same type of instrument that's inserted for a pap smear. Not that having a pap is a barrel of laughs, but at least it's a diagnostic test.

Quote:
I honor the ten commandments...Thou shalt not kill. Those are my morals.
So you also oppose war, the death penalty, etc?

Quote:
Your comparing apples to oranges here. Even a doctor will tell you that an annual pap test is a preventive measure to more serious health problems in the future. Your grasping at straws now.
"Even a doctor", LOL!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:26 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Perhaps she was raised to believe that women must obey men? Or to blindly do what she is told to do and ask no questions.
That's what I meant that I was picking up on something.....she seems to think whatever a doctor tells her is mandatory.....

so that might be the reason she has NO comprehension of what "forced" means as opposed to "voluntary"....

which is simply UNbelievable!!!

Old 03-16-2012, 07:48 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
That's what I meant that I was picking up on something.....she seems to think whatever a doctor tells her is mandatory.....

so that might be the reason she has NO comprehension of what "forced" means as opposed to "voluntary"....

which is simply UNbelievable!!!
A lot of folks seem to have that indoctrination about MDs.
Everyone in my immediate family was, or is, in the medical field.
My father, an RPh, always reminded me that doctors practice, and they practice upon us......and that they dont get it right 100% of the time.
That being said, I do believe that an MDs opinion holds more weight than a politicians does when it comes to the transvaginal sonogram, as someone else said upthread.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:41 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
"if indicated". Do you know what that means?
Uh, it said "including" dating a pregnancy if indicated. That doesn't mean that the ultrasound was the only source for doing that. The ultrasound tells many things.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:44 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
If you are referring to me nothing could be further from the truth. I am no subservient woman to men. Do you guys just make this stuff up as you go along? So listening to my doctor is being subservient to men in general, lol.
Your desperate attempts to discredit me because you can't handle a simple procedure before an abortion and because you are pro-choicers is laughable to say the least. Knock yourselves out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies